Be the First to Answer

• canal boats

by Pauilne Online Now May 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Where do you buy tickets to go on a canal cruise

2 Answers May 17, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    • RalfdK's Profile Photo

Onontdekt Utrecht

by RalfdK Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 6:23 AM

I would like so show my colleagues Utrecht, but then a bit of the beaten track.. They have seen the most popular things..
      Who has got some ideas?

Thanks! Ralf

Ik wil mijn collega's graag wat "verborgen/onontdekte" plekjes van Utrecht laten zien..De toeristische trekpleisters kennen we wel.

Iemand tips?

Alvast bedankt, Ralf

4 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 12:35 AM
    • caionpaion's Profile Photo

MICE IN UTRECHT

by caionpaion Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 5:44 AM

i READ IN A POST THAT IN UTRECHT THERE IS THE PROBLEM OF MICE INFESTING THE TOWN . A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME THAT HE TOO KNEW ABOUT IT. SHOULD YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE INFORMATION IS WRONG, IF MICE AND RATS ARE ONLY IN SOME SPCIFIC STREETS AND IF THEY ARE LIKELY TO BE FOUND IN APARTMENTS. i WONDER ABOUT THAT BECAUSE I HAVE JUST RENTED AN APARTMENT FOR FOUR WEEKS. THANK YOU.

8 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • caionpaion's Profile Photo

COST OF LIFE

by caionpaion Online Now May 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hi,
      With my wife we are planning to stay the full month of next September in Utrecht and would like to know in advance how much we might spend. We appreciate to know from a Duch person which are the prices today of the following items:
      -1 liter of gasoil (for our car)
      -average entrance ticket to museums ( do retired people get free or discounted tickets?)
      -1 cup of coffee at your table
      -1 liter of milk
      -1 usb internet key ( for my portable computer)
      -1 kg of rise
      -1kg of cooked ham
      -1 kg of fresh tomatoes
      -1 kg of apples
      -1 kg of any salade

additionally, what is the cost of a return ticket from Utrecht to Amsterdam by train and by bus.

Thank you for your reply.
      Caion Paion

10 Answers May 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    • Utrecht or Nijmegen for Erasmus?

by constantina49 Online Now Jan 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I am goingto have erasmus in Netherlands next year and I can't decide between Nijmegen and Utrecht.. Which city is better for students and has better erasmus life? which is cheaper and has better nightlife? is Utrecht very big??:)

5 Answers Sep 13, 2012 at 2:58 AM
    • filipdebont's Profile Photo

Utrecht op Zondag

by filipdebont Online Now Oct 16, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Hi,

Mijn ouders gaan op zondag 20 November met een bus naar de Verzamelaarsbeurs in Utrecht.

Een aantal van de echtgenotes die meegaan, zijn niet zo erg geinteresseerd in die beurs, en die zouden liever in het centrum gaan wandelen (winkelen ?).

Weet er iemand of er op zondag ook winkels open zijn in Utrecht?

Dan kunnen we dit alvast meegeven met de dames, en kunnen ze hun verwachtingspatroon daar een beetje op instellen

Vriendelijke groet - Filip

3 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

What is

by alectrevor Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 5:59 AM

I ve just come back from lovely stay in Utrecht. I have a question, i saw in the main street near the tower and a parallel street a metal strip across the road ,engraved with design and words, i thought it might be a meridian line, but Utrecht is not on any thing special. Can anyone tell me what it is, i hope its not a drain cover. Thanks.

5 Answers Sep 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    • nada89's Profile Photo

Directions to University College in Utrecht

by nada89 Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Hello!!

Can somebody please tell me how could I get to University College Utrecht (Campusplein) from Utrecht Centraal? I'll be coming in Utrecht on September 1st. Thanks a lot in advance!

5 Answers Jul 31, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    • al_mary's Profile Photo

Meeting In Utrecht Area

by al_mary Online Now Jun 14, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Greetings from the USA,

My wife and I will be in back in the Netherlands
      during mid September ( the 15th - the 25th )....

We will be staying with friends in IJsselstein for
      10 days as we do most every year since 1998. We
      have been to IJsselstein 18 times, because we really
      like that part of the country. Alot of years I have
      been there twice in one year.

If possible, we would like to meet local VTer's who
      live in the greater Utrecht area while we are there.
      If you are a local and would like to meet up while we
      are there, please reply here or send us a VT e-mail.

Check out our IJsselstein pages and travelogues ....

Happy Travels,
      Al and Mary / USA

1 Answer Jun 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    • ZEIST

by evs50 Online Now Jun 3, 2011 at 3:10 AM

We are in Zeist for a wedding in July. The hotel we are booking seems quite confusing, but the breakfast seems to be 20 euros each per day, which seems a bit strong. So thinking we will just go room only. Where is good for breakfast in central Zeist? Cafe's, bakeries etc. We will be staying in the theater figi hotel I think and I am told that is quite central.

Any other advice would be welcome too.

5 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 8:42 AM
    • CABRIGO's Profile Photo

One day in Utrecht

by CABRIGO Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hello,

I'll go to stay a weekend in Utrecht in June. What can I do and visit?

Thanks for your answer.

7 Answers May 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    • Kiwis living in Holland for 6 months on late life OE!!!

by Willemsen Online Now Oct 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Hello, My Dutch born husband and I hope to visit the Netherlands, basing ourselves in the Utrecht region Utrecht Amersfoort, Maarsen, from April until October 2011. Any advice on accommodation, easy, difficult expensive? where that is safe etc. etc. and any other useful info would be most welcome. We are aware of the 90 day restriction, and my husband is in the process of regaining his Dutch citizenship.Rgds
      Owena

5 Answers May 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    • utrecht train station shopping

by peghaynes Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I was in Utrecht 2 weeks ago. Whenever I go to the Netherlands I shop in a store called DIDI. While walking through the Utrecht train station, I spotted a DIDI Outlet Store! I was thrilled to find it and went in. I found out I had 5 minutes till the store closed and with my husband we picked out as much as I could try on in that time.

I am wondering if I could call the store and get them to send some stuff to the USA for me? Do you think it's a long shot and how can I get the email or any contact information for the store? Hmmm ....

Your thoughts ...

Thanks,
      Peg

3 Answers Oct 7, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    • From Utrecht to Frankfurt by bus

by godivar Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Hello!

I'm Venelin and I need your help ! In 29th October I'll be in Utrecht for concert. After the show or early in the morning I must catch train or bus to Frankfurt, from where in 11:05 I'll catch train to Göppingen.

I found in http://www.nshispeed.nl/ a train "Utrecht - Frankfurt Main", but it arrives in Frankfurt in 10:50 - 15 minutes before the train for Göppingen departure.

So I would ask you, please, do you know where could I search for buses to Frankfurt?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings from Bulgaria!

14 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    • castle de haar outside opening times

by bengy7 Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Hello
      I would like to visit the park of the castle de HAAR and photograph it, but I can't make it earlier than 19:00. Is the park/garden open later for walking around? many thanks

1 Answer Aug 3, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    • Coming in 2 weeks

by pmcd1000 Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Hi Everyone,
      I will be coming to Utrecht from Amsterdam in 2 weeks to see a concert in the Tivoli. I would like to stay in Utrecht as I have never been before even though I used to live in Amsterdam.
      I am going to travel to Utrecht Station (Centraal). Is this near the Tivoli? i.e How many minutess in a taxi or by walking? Based on this I will then book a hotel in the area. I also read about the zandpond houseboats. I would like to visit this area but I wonder is it sage area to travel? I am not interested in ladies but just do not want to find any trouble. I am sensible person who can avoid all trouble. Is this far from the Tivoli or central station?
      Thank you in advance for all your help
      Thanks, Paul

3 Answers Aug 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation?

by Turska Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 7:30 AM

There seems to be no cheap hotels in Utrect (at least according to bookings and venere).We allway try to find something under 80e and we need a parking too.Is there some hotels someone would like to suggest,witch have web-page,but are maybe not at bookings/venere-list.

18 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 2:03 AM
    • Wikisnoodle's Profile Photo

Arriving by motorhome

by Wikisnoodle Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Suggestions please for arriving by motorhome (6.7mL; 3.1mH), on a Thursday in April, coming from Woerden area. Would it be best for me to park up well away from the centre? If so, any suggestions? Are there water taxis on canals? Public transport? Ideal for biking in? Thanks in advance for any advice.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    • Where to go and what to visit

by zeller321 Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 11:06 AM

wondering if anyone knows whats good do visit during the day and what to visit at night for a good time. I am gonna go to trance energy so i need to figure out what to do till them, bars, pubs, historic sites any help would be appreciated. I would like to meet the locals.

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Feb 4, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    • Grocery Store in Utrecht

by JackGen Online Now Nov 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Where can our grandson (a student) purchase groceries for a "thanksgiving dinner" in Utrecht? This would be items like cranberries, pumpkin pie mix, etc.
      He can possibly shop in person (on his bike) or have the items delivered. He lives on Cambridgelaan.

Would appreciate an early response. Thank you.

5 Answers Dec 11, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    • Rohumi's Profile Photo

Language Exchange

by Rohumi Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Hi everyone!!
      I just arrived to Utrecht and I'm looking forward to learn some Dutch and more about the life and culture here. I´m originally from Mexico, but have lived abroad for around4 years. If you are interested in learning Spanish, or practice it in exchange of basic Dutch lessons :D don't hesitate in contacting me.

4 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    • How to get to Vianen?

by BigMikeC Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 7:33 AM

This summer I will be taking a new position in Vianen and have decided to live in Utrecht. I'm originally from the UK and my knowledge of the geogrpahy & how to get around Holland are limited. I've decided not to take a company car initially and wondered how easy it was to travel from Utrecht to Vianen on public transport? All help / suggestions gratefully rec'd.

7 Answers Jan 22, 2009 at 6:32 AM
    • The Minrebroederstraat

by f21067 Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Dear all,

I will be staying in Utrecht for 1 year studying.

I have been offered to stay at The Minrebroederstraat, however wanted some opinions of the place??? Is it a nice area to live for a year? Is it dangerous? Is it central?

If you could let me know ASAP I would be very greatful.

Tony Martin

4 Answers Jul 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    • romebound's Profile Photo

business outfits

by romebound Online Now Mar 27, 2008 at 11:53 AM

hellow,

i'm coming to utrecht for work - which happens to fall on the weekends. still pretty formal, the dutch? or...no suits? jacket & slacks? please let me know! and are streets just as cobblestoned as Amsterdam? can i wear heels? thanks!!!

2 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 11:32 PM
    • interesting things to do december 26 - january 4

by grevay Online Now Dec 12, 2007 at 10:50 AM

My husband and I are visiting Holland December 26 to January 4. Are there any interesting things going on then?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 4:23 AM
    • xigreek's Profile Photo

Decent hostel/cheap hotel

by xigreek Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 1:08 AM

Hi

I'm coming to Utrecht tonight (13th October). Can anyone recommend a decent hostel or cheap hotel fairly close to the centre of town?

Thanks

Leon

2 Answers Oct 13, 2007 at 1:06 PM
    • Strannik's Profile Photo

Utrecht budget accommodation

by Strannik Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Greetings VT'ers!

I'm going to study in Utrecht for a year, but my flight arrives 6 days before my room is available, so I am looking for the best choice to stay at those few days considering a budget that didn't include such expense at first. So far, I have done some research and found out 2 cheap options: Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center and Strowis Budget Hostel. Could anyone give me any advice, opinion or tip about these options (or any other if available) so I can take a better informed decision? I will be greatly thankful for your asnwer.
      Best regards,
      Mauro

3 Answers Aug 25, 2007 at 12:28 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

walking tour

by mindcrime Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 11:11 AM

I'll visit Utrecht as a daytrip from A'dam. Is there any walking tour u have in mind or it's so nice as I read in Vt pages just walking around this city? Ok, the Dom and a walk by the canal looks great but are there any other Must See activities in the centre?

6 Answers Jun 17, 2007 at 1:37 PM
    • Canal Boats

by travelbuggoes Online Now May 8, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Is there a tour company that does canal boat tours? Searched on these boards and googled but come up with nothing. Any info would be appreciated. thank you.

2 Answers May 8, 2007 at 1:25 PM
    • Directions from central station to Dom Church

by travelbuggoes Online Now May 7, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Hi... Looking for directions from central station. Thanks.

3 Answers May 8, 2007 at 5:42 AM