Utrecht Travel Answers

change location

Coming in 2 weeks

by pmcd1000 Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Hi Everyone,
I will be coming to Utrecht from Amsterdam in 2 weeks to see a concert in the Tivoli. I would like to stay in Utrecht as I have never been before even though I used to live in Amsterdam.
I am going to travel to Utrecht Station (Centraal). Is this near the Tivoli? i.e How many minutess in a taxi or by walking? Based on this I will then book a hotel in the area. I also read about the zandpond houseboats. I would like to visit this area but I wonder is it sage area to travel? I am not interested in ladies but just do not want to find any trouble. I am sensible person who can avoid all trouble. Is this far from the Tivoli or central station?
Thank you in advance for all your help
Thanks, Paul

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Coming in 2 weeks

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Tivoli has 2 stages at different street addresses:

Oudegracht 245 - 3511 NL Utrecht ( 15 minutes walking from the central station)

Helling 7 - 3523 CB Utrecht (1 mile from the central station; still walkable, but be aware you have to cross some canals at the end).

I recommend walking, taxi is just too expensive and gives you hardly any extra time.

The houseboats are along the Zandpad (not zandpont); 3 miles North of the station) in the opposite direction of where the stages are. So, no problem there.

Good luck finding a hotel; it very much depends on what's going on at the Jaarbeurs and the Congress Center.

PJ

BTW The Oudegracht is a great canal to walk along; see my newest Utrecht pictures:
    Utrecht Photos by pieter_jan_v

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Coming in 2 weeks

by Jowseej Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Hi there,

If you need any help with finding a good hotel for a good price or any other help you can contact me. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Greetings Jose

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Coming in 2 weeks

by ATLC Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM

If you'd rent a bicycle (your hotel can help you with that), it would be a 15-20 minute ride to the houseboats from the city center. I cycled past there recently.
    There is a road where cars (obviously) pass by quite slowly while the men look at the girls. The road is in between the boats and the cycle path/foot path. So you'd look across the (narrowish) road towards the boats.

It's perfectly safe, but you would be quite conspicious. Not many people walk there if they have no business there.

Personally I thought it a sad sight.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines