Utica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fall timing

Niagara Falls 6 hours ago

I will be visiting falls for a very short period of time like 3 hours. I will reach by 4:30am and leave at 7:30am. Is this time enough to visit the fall and will I b allowed to visit at that time?
      Thank you.

more
    • Long-Term Parking Options Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

New York City Jul 31, 2015 at 1:39 PM

We are considering a Princess cruise out of NYC; Princess rep says ship will sail from the Brooklyn terminal at 72 Bowne St. I see there is on-site parking with security for about $20 per night. Any recommendations for secure parking better than the on-site parking?

more
    • The Ride

New York City Yesterday

Anyone tried The Ride? It looks like lots of fun with a tour mixed with entertainment.

For those that have tried it, is it fun? Appropriate for kids (the site says 6 and over and our younger one is 6)?

Also, is it hard to get tickets? (with or without an explorer pass) If its something where you need to line up hours in advance, then not interested.

more
    • Kim1966's Profile Photo

Crossing the border

Niagara Falls Aug 27, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hello,
      We are having a 10 day holiday in New York,we are spending a couple of days at the falls and would like to visit the Canadian side,please could you tell me which documents we need to go over into Canada & back again.
      We are British & have esta's
      Thank you

more
    • Day after marathon?

New York City Aug 24, 2015 at 3:48 AM

Hi there. I'm taking a 2 week trip to the US with my wife, starting in NYC (2 nights), arriving Nov 2nd. As the marathon is on the day before, I'm just wondering will there be any restrictions or limitations that may affect our short stay. Or will it all be 'wrapped up' and appear as if a marathon never even took place? Thanks in advance...

more
    • lynmur's Profile Photo

Thanksgiving Meal

New York City Aug 10, 2015 at 1:50 PM

There are 8 of us coming to the city for thanksgiving, mostly quite plain eaters but need some advice on where to book into for a meal on thanksgiving? Planning on parade in the morning, doing the rockettes hopefully mid afternoon and then get booked into someplave for food. 5 adults, 1 x 17yr old, 1 x 8yr old and 1 x 5 yr old. Thanks.

more
    • Safety in Brooklyn

Brooklyn Heights Aug 27, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I am a woman who is traveling alone. How safe is Brooklyn area to stay alone for a stranger? How is prospect park area? and how easy it is for me to commute alone? and is there places, areas I should not go? Thank you

Terry

more
    • Need Quick Response - Does Circle Line Cruises Sell Out?

New York City Aug 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

We're coming to NY next week and I've been debating on getting the Explorer Pass vs just going to the attractions (I did create another post on this). We want to do the Landmark Cruise if the weather is nice (1.5 hrs so not too long for our kids). And we would be looking at a Friday 3:30p cruise (or alternative is 11am).

Do these cruises sell out or is there typically room? The pass at a current deal saves us around $88 USD, which is substantial. The downside to getting the pass is that we cannot reserve a spot on the cruise compared with booking with the Circle Line site directly. (Also, if it ends up being a rainy day, then we would have to skip he cruise and pick another explorer attraction)
      PS - This offer ends tonight and my husband is away to get his opinion (but I know he was keen on the cruise too)

more
    • Fort Washington Park

New York City Aug 19, 2015 at 3:31 AM

How easy is it to get a cab in Fort Washington Park - on a Sunday evening?!
      I will be travelling there after a Yankees game in September - as I wish to see the Jeffrey's Hook (Little Red) Lighthouse + the GWB close-up.
      Getting there shouldn't be an issue - but at about 7pm on a Sunday evening will it be easy to get back Downtown?

Thanks.

more
    • Alexandra33's Profile Photo

Best Flea Markets in the City

New York City Aug 25, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Can you suggest the best Flea Markets in town - Brooklin/Williamsburg...? I'll be there first week of october.

Thanks for help.

Regards,
      Alexandra

more
    • World Trade Centre Museum and Tribute for Kids

New York City Aug 11, 2015 at 9:15 AM

We're coming to NY in a few weeks with our 10 and 6 year olds. My husband would like to take our 10 year old to the World Trade Centre to teach him about the world. I don't think there is much else around there so we would all tag along.

I understand my husband wanting to teach him, but I'm not so certain on the museum or tribute centre. It was such a devastating event that can imagine it being quite upsetting and motbid...and perhaps too much for a 10 year old? Plus, my 6 year old will be bored.

Having never been there, can someone give me some insight and thoughts on the difference of the museum and tribute centre? Can you just go to the area and see stuff (like a memorial or something)?

more
    • Best time in January to visit NYC?

New York City Aug 11, 2015 at 5:03 AM

We're planning a week in NYC for my birthday in January and wondered when in that month would be best to visit. I know that the end Jan / beg Feb in the couple of years has been troubled with big storms, so wondered if it was better at the beginning of the month.
      I realise it's going to be cold whatever, but ideally I don't want to battle through blizzards! ;-)

more
    • All Day Pass Water Taxi or Landmark Cruise (Circle Line)

New York City Aug 10, 2015 at 5:35 AM

The other week I was asking about the Water Taxi. It looks great as it sees main sites such as Statue of Liberty, Empire State building, World Trade Centre, etc,. Someone also mentioned Circle Line cruises.  If we did Circle Line, we'd do the Landmark Cruise as it goes to similar sites and also sticks to 90 minutes (we're coming with our 10 and 6 year old).  We're looking at it as a tour as opposed to a mode of transportation.  I'd love to hear feedback on which one you suggest. 

Some criteria:

• good views of Status or Liberty
      • departs and returns near Times Square
      • 1hr - 90 minutes in length
      • washroom onboard
      • good tour guide giving descriptions of what we're seeing
      • good outsite views so you can see well and take photos
      • kid-friendly
      • not crazy line ups to get a ticket or get the time that you'd like (if this is possible)

One possible downside with the water taxi is lots of down time since it stops at the spots for people to get on and off?

more
    • New York Explorer Pass

New York City Aug 21, 2015 at 5:29 AM

Anyone done the New York Explorer Pass and found it easy to use and worthwhile? We're thinking of getting the 3 attraction one and using it on Top of the Rock, Landmark Cruise (if good weather) and Ripleys or Discovery Museum. When i worked it out, it saves us around $65 for four of us (2 adults, 2 kids). And I like the fact that you don't have to squeeze all the attractions in on one day.

Anyone know if you can skip lines for any of the above attractions? And if you select to have the pass on your phone, is there still somewhere I have to go to pick something up (e.g. I've read people complaining about getting a voucher, and not sure if that is only for specific rides - or some guide book) ? I don't want the pass to be a nuisance.

Would love to hear feedback if others like it, or had issues using it.

more
    • NY Fashion Week - September 2015

New York City Aug 5, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Hi anyone who can help! I am from New Zealand so I know very little about the fashion week.

I am looking at purchasing tickets to the public event which frustraingly also has the same name as 'THE week' - NY Fashion Week: http://newyork-fashionweek.com/

And when I try and purchase tickets online I am asked for a promotional code to access tickets, though the website talks about public events and open to the public and it's as easy as purchasing a ticket...
      eventbrite.com/e/new-york-fa...

Someone, please help! Also I notice that there is the Courture Fashion runway events available too, anyone able to recommend which one to go to?

eventbrite.com/e/couture-fas...

If you can lead me to a fashion forum to ask these questions then that would be helpful too!

Thanks

more
    • Alexandra33's Profile Photo

Best Deals Tickets for Shows

New York City Aug 28, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Are there any websites or local offices where I can apply for last minute tickets for shows - concerts, theatres, etc..?

Thanks for help.

more
    • lynmur's Profile Photo

Best Museum for kids? And any other suggestions to do with 8yr and 5yr olds?

New York City Aug 10, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Going for thanksgiving this year and want different things to do with the kids,arrive Tues before until the Saturday after being in Florida for 12 nights, just wondering on good things to do with the kids and thought about the Museums? Which is best for them? We have been before and done the Zoo and the Park, will def take them to see all the fab xmas window displays but walking around looking at shop windows all day I dont think will keep my 5 year old boy happy, his 8 year old big sister will probably be ok with this though. Thanks

more
    • Serendipity 3

New York City Aug 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Our friends told us about Serendipity 3 and it's 'famous' frozen hot chocolate. Our son is super excited to go (and will be devastated if we don't). Does the restaurant get super busy with long waits? We are only in NY for a few days and am thinking of trying it on a Sunday at 11:30am when it opens. Is it hard to get a reservation? And how is their lunch food? (I know that is subjective) Anyone tried it?

more
    • Do-able in One Day?

New York City Aug 1, 2015 at 7:05 PM

We're coming to NY with our 10 and 6 year olds. I'm looking at getting the 1-day New York City Pass (to be used on a Friday) and so am figuring out a bunch of attractions that interest us, are near each other, and worthwhile on the pass for the day. This is what I'm thinking but is it realistic?

• Top of the Rock & surrounding stores (Nintendo for DS, American Girl for DD)
      • Radio City Music Hall Tour
      • lunch in the area
      • Either Madison Square Gardens Tour - or - Water Taxi (for good views of Statue of Liberty and the city)
      • Madame Tussauds Was Museum
      • Discovery Times Square

Is this all doable or is it too much?  Much thanks. 

more
    • road trip to adironaks

New York City Aug 19, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Hi - we have 8 days in New York in october and wanted to see a little countryside whilst there. My idea is to get a train from Penn Station to Albany and then hire a car and drive to woodstock in vermont, overnight there and then drive on to Lake Placid, overnight there and then drive back to albany, drop the car, get on a train to NYC and go to the airport. Is this a good trip - or do you recommend better?

more
    • Water Taxi

New York City Aug 3, 2015 at 6:07 AM

Can someone tell me more about the water taxi? We are staying in Times Square so it looks like we would get on at Pier 79 (at 39th street).

1. Is the 90 minutes ride, the full circle bringing you back to Pier 79?  Or one way?
      2. DH wanted to go to the World Trade Center to teach our DS (not sure if area, museum or tribute centre).  Not sure if its better if we add it into the water taxi ride (as it looks like an option) or to do this on our own?  I"m thinking of doing it separately (i.e. taking subway down on another day) as it seems like there is more coordination with the taxi of timings....plus there is a dinner place we want in the area. 
      3. Is there a bathroom on board (we have 2 kids)?
      4. Do people tend to hop on and off, or just stay on for the cruise?   

Thanks.  Any tips or info would be helpful.

more
    • rdywenur's Profile Photo

famous Utica Church

by rdywenur Online Now Apr 26, 2007 at 4:23 AM

This look slike St John's RC Church on the corner of Bleecker and John St. If you were inside did it have a grotto downstairs?

• Florentin's Profile Photo

What is the best way to visit Utica

by Florentin Online Now Jan 4, 2003 at 9:48 AM

Hi there I would like to visit Utica in April but I have no idea what is the best way to go there. I will probably leave from Heathrow. Can you tell me which is the nearest Airport and what is the quickest connection to get there? I will also like to know how far the airport is from Utica. Thanks

16 Answers Feb 15, 2007 at 3:46 PM