change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Barolo67's Profile Photo

Moab and along the US 191 and then I-70

Moab Nov 16, 2015 at 11:51 AM

We want to drive in the second week of January by rental car from Navajo country ( Canyon de Chelly) up the US 191 to Moab and then hike in Arches National Park and drive on to Boulder Co on the I-70. What would the road conditions in a normal winter be like? And what about hiking in Arches in January? We live in Germany and will be clothed for winter.

• Barolo67's Profile Photo

Moab and along the US 191 and then I-70

Moab Nov 16, 2015 at 11:51 AM

We want to drive in the second week of January by rental car from Navajo country ( Canyon de Chelly) up the US 191 to Moab and then hike in Arches National Park and drive on to Boulder Co on the I-70. What would the road conditions in a normal winter be like? And what about hiking in Arches in January? We live in Germany and will be clothed for winter.

6 Answers Nov 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM
    • icamarica's Profile Photo

Transportation from SLC Airport to Park City Marriott Hotel

Salt Lake City Jul 27, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Is there a shared van or should I take a cab? How much is the cost from SLC airport to Park City Marriott Hotel?

1 Answer Jul 27, 2015 at 10:48 PM
    • Driving from Reno to SLC

Salt Lake City Jul 2, 2015 at 1:38 PM

What to see along the way? Where to stay in between the two?

5 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:55 PM
    • Kanab Utah Visit with limited time

Kanab Jun 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Lots of great things around Kanab but it appears that they are not easy to get to on a short time frame.

Are there vistas in/near the City where one can see a touch of some of monuments etc (Grand Escalade/Vermillion/Paia etc) without having to do a deep penetration on dirt roads?

Basically, is a night or 2 in Kanab worth it if you can't get into the backcountry. (Will just be in a Sedan)

3 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 9:01 PM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Places to stop between Kanab & Santa FE

Kanab Jun 10, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I will be driving from Kanab to Santa Fe, NM. Could anyone recommend a place to stop for a night to break up the journey? I will be driving to Sedona from Santa Fe later in the trip, and plan to stop off near the Petrified Forest, so would like to try a differenmt route to that.

7 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

I want to make sure these places are worth going

Utah May 26, 2015 at 10:39 AM

we were at Arizona last year, this would be my 2nd time and my hubby's first time
      I want to make sure we utilize our 1 week in Utah well.
      here are what I think we must see, please let me know if you agree or some other suggestions. thanks in advance

Salt lake City
      • Mormon Temple
      • State Capitol
      • Mormon Tabernacle
      • This is the Place Heritage Park

Golden Spike National Historic Site

Great Salt Lake

Bonneville Salt Flat

Arch National Park

Bryce Canyon National Park

Canyon Land National Park (do I need to stop at here if I have been to momument valley in AZ?)

Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument

Capitol Reef National Park

Zion National Park
      Cedar Breaks National Monument

5 Answers May 27, 2015 at 8:32 PM
    • Reaturants

Moab Apr 20, 2015 at 4:26 PM

What are the best restaurants in Moab, utah

3 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 6:35 AM
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

Monument Valley with a 3.5 year old!

Monument Valley State Park Apr 19, 2015 at 11:02 AM

As I was mentioning in my previous question, we're staying at The View hotel when we visit the park in mid-May. What can we do at Monument Valley with a 3.5 year old if we don't do the 2 hour tour by car since our kid will have been in the car for so long. Are there any 'easy' walks in the park that she could participate in? Some exploring by foot so she can run around and exert some energy? Or are the only activities those that involve sitting and enjoying the view, vigorous hikes or drives?

3 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 6:41 AM
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Does anyone know the Ski conditions at Park City, Deer Valley or Alta this week?

Park City Mar 17, 2015 at 9:01 AM

We're going to Utah for some skiing this weekend. If I purchase the lift tickets online beforehand, there is a significant discount. But, the weather is in the low 60's and wondering what the conditions are. Do I buy an all day lift ticket or a half day lift ticket. I really don't want to ski in "slush" if the snow is not holding up in the afternoon. We're staying in Park City but Alta is only about 30-45 minutes away. So, just wondering if that is any better. Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    • single night life while visiting zion national park

Zion National Park Jan 30, 2015 at 11:04 AM

where should two single ladies hangout at night near zion national park.

2 Answers Jan 30, 2015 at 12:13 PM
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

View Hotel tips?

Monument Valley State Park Jan 18, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Any tips on what to ask for when booking a room at the hotel? Or any 'lessons learned' from folks who have stayed there? Things you'd ask for if you were staying there again? They promote Valley View and Star View rooms? Thoughts? Thanks!

7 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 11:22 PM
    • statues in Temple Square

Salt Lake City Nov 12, 2014 at 5:48 AM

I have pictures from 2001 of 2 statues in Temple Square: one is a woman with a male child and the other is a woman with a female child and a baby. Do these statues have names/significance?

2 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Planning Trip for Mid to Late October for Narrows Hike

Zion National Park Oct 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I'm planning a trip for mid to late October to hike the Narrows with my dad as an adventure trip. We would like to do a 1/2 to full day hike but not an overnight trip. We would like to do some rappelling down into the canyon if possible as well.

What would be the best, I assume guided, hike for us to go on to see the most scenic parts of the Narrows? We want to see what I think is called 'Wall Street' where the Narrows come close together. Are there any other really scenic routes and/or must see's?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I really want to make this a memorable trip for my dad and I.

Thank you!!! :-)

4 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    • Dawndaz's Profile Photo

RV camping and winter road conditions

Bryce Canyon National Park Oct 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM

We're thinking about spending the holidays in Utah National parks. Does anyone have advice around road conditions, particularly with an RV? Are some parks more accessible than others?

4 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • NitinM's Profile Photo

Private Tour of Bryce Canyon & Zion

Bryce Canyon National Park Oct 1, 2014 at 5:48 PM

We need 2 persons to join us on one day tour of Bryce Canyon and Zion on Oct. 7 or Oct. 8 from Las Vegas. The tour company wants 4 persons. Anybody interested in sharing the tour (approx $ 160 to 200) then please contact urgently.

5 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    • NitinM's Profile Photo

Transport to Zion & Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon National Park Oct 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM

We (2 persons) have Oct 7 (after 7.40 a.m.) or Oct 8 to visit Zion & Bryce. Please inform how to reach Zion and Bryce by public transport. Unfortunately for us, the tours from Las Vegas are on Oct 7 at 6.30 a.m. And, NO TOUR on Oct. 8!! We cannot drive.

7 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM
    • Drive from salt lake city to Las vegas on 4 Oct 2014 with rental car Ford Fusion

Salt Lake City Sep 28, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Current i stay in SLC, i planed have 4 days vacation to Las vegas including drive time (from 4 Oct to 7 Oct 2014), I checked google map it show there is some construction in I-15, consider current traffic condition how long will it take by car? I will departure from SLC around 8:30 AM

4 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    • reardy1's Profile Photo

apache huts

Monument Valley State Park Sep 27, 2014 at 6:47 AM

the name of the apache huts female and male ?

12 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    • exploring utah and near by places

Utah Sep 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Me and my parents are traveling to Utah from India to see my brother, he is in Utah state university.our travel dates are 15dec-5jan kindly suggest me places to see around Logan. and exploring near by places. and also we thinking of traveling to places like San Francisco and California. kindly help me with cheap travel services,like local bus services or what do u thinking will hiring a car be good as in india we have right hand drive though i have an international driving license.and accommodation too. n where all we can go. I am looking for an economical trip. thanx

6 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • Bear hollow buses

Park City Aug 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

How close are the stops from village?how often are buses to the resorts?complimentary? run on Xmas/NY days?When's last bus back to BH from PC?

2 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    • where to stay overnight between Tillamook and Salt Lake City

Utah Aug 21, 2014 at 8:31 AM

where is a good place to stop for the night between Tillamook Oregon and Salt Lake City ? I am car camping or can go to inexpensive B&B, hotel or just fun place to spend the night.
      I am visiting family in Oregon and visiting another friend in Salt Lake

1 Answer Aug 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • Hiking Help--Sugar Knoll

Kanab Aug 6, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Can you provide directions for hiking to Sugar Knoll east of Orderville?

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    • nashrulhazran's Profile Photo

National Park - Monument Valley - Page, AZ

Monument Valley State Park Aug 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Hi all,

it might me a crazy plan thats why i really need someone advise on this.

I plan to drive from National Park to Monument Valley just to see the scenery there and plan to stay there maybe for 3-4 hours and want to continue driving from MV to Page,AZ to catch the sunset there, some say the best view for sunset is in WahWeap. Early in the morning try to catch the view at horseshoe bend and join the half day raft until 12pm before driving back to LV.

can some one advise me on this?

16 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    • Must do's in Moab

Moab Jul 30, 2014 at 7:13 PM

We will be spending 3 days in Moab on August 15-17 (or around there), there is so much to see. what are the top recommendations of things to do and see?

7 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • WingToLau's Profile Photo

Name this site, please

Utah Jul 20, 2014 at 12:34 AM

These 2 pics were taken in May 2012 when I went on a bus tour from LA to Yellow Stone. The bus stopped at this gas station somewhere between Vegas (Int. 15 then Int. 70) and Arches national Park. This tour was the best trip I've ever made. I can account for all the picture sites taken except this one. Could someone please tell me where this was? Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • september things to do

Saint George Jul 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM

September events in St. George, Utah.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Wire Pass + part of Buckskin Gulch?

Utah Jul 14, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Anyone done this? We'll be down in the Page area for the couple of days this fall and I'm looking at spending one of them hiking Wire Pass to the confluence with Buckskin Gulch, and Buckskin no farther than Middle Trail; return via same route. I don't believe this section of Buckskin requires any technical gear, or goes as far as the Cesspool but...

Any insights on the way in (House Rock Valley Road) would be great as well; I know it's unmaintained but looks to be only 8 miles of that from turnoff on 89 to the trailhead, and we'll have a 4X4.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

15 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • jrmcdona's Profile Photo

4 nights in Zion, Bryce area, Utah 12

Bryce Canyon Jun 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Was planning 4 nights in the area. The first two nights will be in Zion and then driving toward Bryce canyon. Was thinking maybe stop in a Bryce then either stay in Bryce one night or keep going down Utah 12 and stop in Escalante or Boulder. Then I need to figure out where to stay the 4th night. We will be driving back to Vegas after that in the morning, so that is another issue I need to tackle.

Any ideas?

8 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • natural gas stations

Salt Lake City Jun 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I need to map out natural gas stations between slc and las vegas

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Touchstar's Profile Photo

Driving winter Park City Utah to Breckenridge CO

Park City Jun 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM

We are skiing the Canyons for a week in early Feb 2015. Would you recommend against driving at that time of year to Breckenridge CO?
      We have driven in the past from Denver up to Breckenridge but are considering driving from Utah rather than flying next time from SLC to Denver and then driving.
      Is the drive from Utah similar in road conditions from the east?
      Thank in advance.
      Kind regards,
      Paul Russell (Queensland, Australia)

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM