Utah

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Las vegas how many miles to go?

Bryce Canyon National Park Mar 21, 2014 at 5:11 PM

From Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon,how long it will take me?

more
    • September 2014 PC events?

Park City Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

more
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

Moab Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

more
    • 2 weeks trip from Zion to southern california

Utah Mar 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hi there,

I am planning a trip for September 2014 for 2 weeks, we are a French couple in our 40's. we would like to mix our holidays with some hiking and then some rest /visiting the southern coast of California. We know pretty well Northern California. In France we are based in the French Alps.
      I have a main itinerary in mind but would appreciate few pointers to adjust the logistic/itinerary.
      First week we would like to concentrate our visit to Zion Park & Bryce, couple of days each to have a fair amount of time for hiking.
      Then we would like to drive off from Las Vegas to L.A and possibly go down to San Diego.
      So first question : I was wondering if I should take a flight from Paris to Las Vegas or Salt lake city ?
      Looking at the map if I we start off from Las vegas, we would drive up to Zion and Bryce and go back down by more or less the same route. Would it be more interesting to land in Salt lake and drive down to Zion, Bryce and then to Las vegas etc ...
      Secondly : 1 week ish would be sufficient to visit the coast from Santa Barbara to San Diego ? ( not having to rush around)
      Are we trying to fit too many things or drive too much over two weeks ?
      Many thanks in advance for your ideas !

more
    • September 2014 PC events?

Park City Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

Moab Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • Las vegas how many miles to go?

Bryce Canyon National Park Mar 21, 2014 at 5:11 PM

From Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon,how long it will take me?

2 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    • 2 weeks trip from Zion to southern california

Utah Mar 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hi there,

I am planning a trip for September 2014 for 2 weeks, we are a French couple in our 40's. we would like to mix our holidays with some hiking and then some rest /visiting the southern coast of California. We know pretty well Northern California. In France we are based in the French Alps.
      I have a main itinerary in mind but would appreciate few pointers to adjust the logistic/itinerary.
      First week we would like to concentrate our visit to Zion Park & Bryce, couple of days each to have a fair amount of time for hiking.
      Then we would like to drive off from Las Vegas to L.A and possibly go down to San Diego.
      So first question : I was wondering if I should take a flight from Paris to Las Vegas or Salt lake city ?
      Looking at the map if I we start off from Las vegas, we would drive up to Zion and Bryce and go back down by more or less the same route. Would it be more interesting to land in Salt lake and drive down to Zion, Bryce and then to Las vegas etc ...
      Secondly : 1 week ish would be sufficient to visit the coast from Santa Barbara to San Diego ? ( not having to rush around)
      Are we trying to fit too many things or drive too much over two weeks ?
      Many thanks in advance for your ideas !

13 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • how to get from Canyon to Canyon by public transportation

Bryce Canyon National Park Mar 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM

is there a way to get from grand canyon to Bryce canyon by public transportation. I want to visit all the parks starting out from Vegas but I don't want to have to take day trips that return to Vegas daily. I want to go from one Canyon to the other by public transportation.

10 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • TheresaS5's Profile Photo

vernal pictures

Vernal Mar 18, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Where's a good place to go get pictures done?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    • sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

how to enjoy Bryce in 4 hours

Bryce Canyon Mar 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Hi,

We would only be able to stay at Bryce for 4 hours (2:00 pm - 6:00 pm) in April. We're driving from Kanab and just doing Bryce Canyon as a side trip.  

Here are our wish list:

Sunrise view point, Sunset view point, Garden Trail (for Thor's hammer and wall street), other suggestions are welcome!

And here are our questions:

1. We prefer not to hike so we could see more stuff. I did see a horse-ride tour and while it is tempting we are all scared to get on a horse so that option is out. Is there any other alternative? Like a 4x4 tour or something?

2. How do we get to those view points/trail from the visitor center?  3. I'm assuming for the the Garden Trail we can't drive and would really need to hike but how about  Sunset and Sunrise view points, can we just drive to get there?

4. Can you suggest a good itinerary for us?

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    • March activities?

Saint George Mar 1, 2014 at 4:57 AM

Today is out last day in town. are there any farmer's market type places this time of year?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Cottonwood Canyon or Burr Trail?

Utah Feb 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I'll be heading north through Utah in late May. I was wondering if I should take the Burr Trail or Cottonwood Canyon road? Which one is more scenic? What kind of views can I expect along each trail? And which one will seem more appropriate weather-wise (passable) in late May?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

13 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    • national parks

Utah Feb 11, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Planning 8 day trip this June. Should we try to see bryce, zion, arches, canyon lands parks or is that too many in that time frame? If so, which ones should be on must do list?

10 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • Bus tour question

Salt Lake City Feb 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Is there something different to visit or do in SLC for a bus tour of people 65 and older? Not the typical things everyone sees in SLC?

2 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • shuttle from PC to SLC

Park City Feb 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM

I need a shuttle to the airport in SLC for 2 people. What is my best option?

1 Answer Feb 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • southern Utah RV friendley?

Utah Jan 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Having never been there, thinking of renting an RV to see the Monuments and the petrified forest. looking at Google maps, doesn't appear to be much for roads out to these places, can anyone bring me up to date on what to expect?

1 Answer Jan 27, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • we will be heading from Monument Valley back to las Vegas

Monument Valley State Park Jan 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM

we will be heading from Monument Valley back to las vegas, what is the recommended route, we will have already been to north & south rim, need to stay overnight half way, where is a good place to stay and what else shouldn't we miss?

1 Answer Jan 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    • jaedra's Profile Photo

Distance location

Goblin Valley State Park Jan 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM

How much distance is there between Molly's Castle overlook, and Turtle Rock, and where are these places in relation to the valley of the goblins? I'm writing a children's book, am disable and no longer able to travel. Anything you've observed in plant life or animal life would interest me as well. I'm mainly trying to get a feel for distances, and all the research I've found is limited. I'd appreciate any info you think would be helpful. Thanks, Ruth Johnson

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • Footwear for hiking

Arches National Park Jan 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Would Nike be a smart brand of footwear to wear?

9 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    • Is an economy car OK?

Monument Valley State Park Jan 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM

In March 2013 I will be travelling from Grand Junction CO to Moab to Monument Valley to Page AZ and then back the same way to Grand Junction. I will be taking a tour in Monument Valley.
      Is an economy car (vs. SUV) OK for the area and time of year?

2 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • Coming to Powder mountain for a week over new years

Eden Dec 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

How's the snow- we're pretty much beginners and moderate skiers coming in from San Diego and Baton Rouge with adults and 12 and 16 year olds...
      heard that the mountain is a great kept secret!
      My questions-
      ski conditions?
      Favorite restaurants? - including Mexican restaurants?.
      I need to plan transportation back to airport end of the week - which transportation service do you recommend

thank you SO much.
      kathy

1 Answer Dec 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    • what's the best tour to take during a full moon?

Moab Dec 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Married couple looking for must see activities and unique dining suggestions in and around Moab.. We do not bike and our hiking skills are limited.

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    • Zion trip in Winter

Springdale Nov 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Hi! Planning a trip to Zion during Christmas with 2 young kids. How many days do you suggest we stay? What is there to see?

Thanks!

Diane

4 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • marylem0's Profile Photo

what to pack

Salt Lake City Nov 24, 2013 at 5:06 AM

wondering what to pack for Thanksgiving weekend

4 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    • pdtboy's Profile Photo

Parks Closure

Moab Nov 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I am planning to visit Moab in March. How is it now with the National Parks closure? What sightseeing can I do?

6 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    • extex's Profile Photo

Downtown hotel, no car, not skiing

Park City Nov 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Coming in Feb to visit family. We aren't skiing, so don't need to be near lifts. But, won't have a car, so want to walk to town. Where to stay? We are 2 quiet adults, no pets. Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    • Getting from SLC Airport to Provo

Salt Lake City Nov 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I have a flight landing at 11pm on a Sunday and need to get to Provo that night. Besides a taxi (which would cost an arm and a leg) what options to I have for transportation? Thanks

3 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    • Please help plan my week

Utah Oct 18, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I have about a week to visit Zion/Bryce/Paige/Grand Canyon area and in need of some urgent advice on places to visit and hotels. Here is what I have so far:
      Day 1: Vegas to Zion, stay at Springdale
      Day 2? Day3? Day4? Day5?
      Day6: Travel back to Vegas.
      Thanks so much!

10 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    • salt lake city utah,

Salt Lake City Oct 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM

what is the culture and customs like there?

3 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    • Bryce Canyon NP, Antelope Canyon, Grand Canyon and Red Rock (Sedona)

Bryce Canyon National Park Oct 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

My boyfriend and I want to go to those parks and only have 6 days. How long do you think for each place?
      Thanks!

10 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • A day in Kanab

Kanab Sep 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM

We will be visiting Best Friends in April of 2014. We have set aside one afternoon and evening to spend in the town of Kanab. Our best plan would be to 1. Visit the best tourist
      attractions in the early afternoon. 2. Have a nice meal in the early evening. 3. Visit country and western saloons with dancing and live entertainment in the evening. If you could help suggest the best places to visit for a day such as this, I would greatly appreciate it.

9 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    • Insects in November

Bryce Canyon National Park Sep 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Are there any dangerous insects or pests that we need to be aware of in mid November?

3 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • Making the most of it

Zion National Park Sep 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hi,

we are a couple (50-60s). we are planning 3 days for both Zion N.P & Bryce Canyon:.

we will be driving from LV Oct-19 early am (how early should we leave?) thru Oct-21. Can you please advise how to make the most of our short time?

should we make hotel reservations in advance or can we "wing it" when we are there? appreciate your input.

Midit

6 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 2:38 AM