Travel Answers
Uswetakeiyawa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sri Lanka in July - who wants to join us?

Sri Lanka Apr 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Hi all we are 40+ couple from Poland and we will be in Sri Lanka from the 1st of July till 23rd. We plan to make a tour during the first 6 days and than go to the East and stay there two remaining weeks. We are looking for company to join us in our trip. Let me know if interested :)

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more
    • A swimwear/ bikini shop in Unawatuna

Unawatuna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Hi, I am arriving from Rishikesh, in north India. Are there any shops close by Unawatuna for swimwear?

more
    • List of Halal food in Sri lanka

Sri Lanka Mar 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'll be travelling in sri lanka soon. Therefore would be glad if anyone could share the list of halal eateries that they have been to. Especially to this following places:
      - pollonuwara
      - nuwara eliya
      - hambantuta
      - galle
      - colombo

Appreciate your kind help.

more
    • August Itinerary - HELP NEEDED

Sri Lanka Apr 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Hello all. I am planning a 15 day trip in August for myself and my boyfriend (both mid 20s). Please can you let me know your thoughts on whether it's feasible (or if we're missing something important?). We want a good balance of beach, exploring local cultures & authentic food. Our priorities are at least one beautiful beach resort (weather permitting) with luxury accommodation, one safari experience (with tree hut lodge stays), and some great local food / markets. We would enjoy some evening nightlife for some of the trip too. Our plan so far is:

Colombo - head straight to Negombo for 2 nights
      Kandy for 3 nights
      Nuwara Eliya for 2 nights
      Yala National Park for 2 nights
      Ella for 1 night
      Beach Resort (Tangalle / Mirissa) for 4 nights
      Galle for 1 night
      Train to Colombo for flight home

more
    • Airport shuttle

Bentota Mar 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Can anyone suggest a good taxi firm that runs a service from Bentota to Colombo airport?

Thanks

Gary

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more
    • Best non-surf beach in September

Southern Province Apr 22, 2014 at 2:42 AM

We're going to be in Sri Lanka in September and we're looking for a beach that is not too rough to spend about 5 days. This is the 'nicer' part of our trip, so we're looking for somewhere nice to stay (though not necessarily a resort, smaller more boutiquey places are our preference). We've been looking at Bentota, Hikkaduwa and Mirissa... but a bit confused as to which one would be best for us ...

more
    • tsunami warning system in sri lanka

Sri Lanka Apr 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Hi,
      Sri Lanka cost have a risk of tsunami wave. My question cencern local warning system. If in case of any risk I can expect worning, early enough to escape on any safe place?
      ZN

more
    • Sri Lanka travel itinerary

Sri Lanka Apr 16, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Hi guys! I know am asking a very vague question but could help me in planning itinerary for my expected tour to Sri Lanka.

Am looking to travel there sometime in Jan or Feb 2015 (I know I have started planning to early), I searched various travel sites and most of them have similar itinerary as below:
      Day 01 : Colombo - Kelaniya - Colombo
      Day 02 : Colombo - Pinnawala - Dambulla
      Day 03 : Dambulla - Sigiriya - Matale - Kandy
      Day 04 : Kandy - Peradeniya - Kandy
      Day 05 : Kandy - Hakgala - Nuwara Eliya
      Day 06 : Nuwara Eliya - Bentota
      Day 07 : Bentota - Departure from Colombo

I don't know much about the country, so am not sure if the above cities/places and days are enough to see Sri Lanka. Can someone help me.

Also noticed that no company includes Jaffna. I would like to visit as have heard a lot about it but is it advisable to go there?

more