change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Austin Texas at Easter time

by annieold Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Hi
      My husband and I are travelling to the USA in April of 2011 and would love to check out the music scene in Austin but the only dates we have available at this stage is over the Easter 2011 long weekend so I was just wondering if it would still be worth while going then?
      In Australia everything is completely closed on Good Friday,
      Easter Saturday runs as per normal
      Easter Sunday runs as per normal (Sunday trading) and
      Easter Monday runs as per Sunday trading
      Is this the same in the USA?
      We would just hate to travel there and only really have Saturday to check out the live music. Any advice be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

3 Answers Dec 14, 2010 at 2:55 AM
    • Travel to US/Canada on a one-way ticket

by junkki Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Hey, i'm from Singapore. i'll be travelling to Montreal for a student exchange program in August. I'm contemplating stopping over at france or london first, then proceed to nyc from where i'll take greyhound toward montreal. I'm looking to buy 3 one-way tickets, 1 from singapore to london, 1 from london to nyc, and 1 from nyc back to singapore.
      I understand that there are some concerns regarding one-way tickets over at US borders, especially with the heightened security checks in recent times. I'd just like to enquire if i would run into any problems? If the concern is whether i'll be illegally staying over in the US, is it sufficient if i have proof of exit (the itinerary of nyc-singapore) to show to the guards?
      I won't have student visa because canada doesn't need one.
      Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

2 Answers Mar 5, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    • Campervan around USA...HELP!!!!

by rousieee Online Now Sep 11, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Hello!
      I am planning to travel around USA with my boyfriend for a year in a campervan from April '10. We were hoping to buy one and then have the company buy it back when the year is over, and found the website- http://www.camper-usa-canada.com/ which is called 'Ruedis Auto Vermittlung'. The only thing is I found a very bad review from a couple of separate people who used them both saying they were crooks and cost them a lot of money in repairs. Does anybody have any first hand information on them or any other information that might be useful? We're both from England so unfortunately really need to have something sorted for when we arrive!
      Thankyou very much!!! :)

8 Answers May 16, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    • Denver/Mt Rushmore

by maread Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 11:30 PM

We are travelling in May 2010 to the USA. Flying into Atlanta and from there hoping to catch a flight to Denver and then travel by car through Denver up to Mt Rushmore. Are there any interesting places out of the ordinary and guidelines to motels. Is there a listing of motel prices which I can draw from the Internet?

3 Answers Aug 23, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    • Do yo know that city?/Conoces esta ciudad?

by Jarg Online Now Mar 19, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Hi, I'm spanish. I'm looking for a city I've seen just in pics. It's a city that must be in USA (or maybe in Canada, but I think it's USA). The city have got some lakes near (not necessary the Great Lakes) and there's a hospital whose building is circular. I would be pleased if anybody could tell me if know a city similar like that. It's important for me to find a person who lives there. Thanks

Hola, soy español. Estoy buscando una ciudad que sólo he visto en fotos. Es una ciudad que debe estar en USA (o quizás en Canadá, pero creo que es de USA). Tiene algunos lagos cerca (no necesariamente los GRandes Lagos), y hay un hospital cuyo edificio es circular. Agradecería que alguien pudiera decirme si conoce una ciudad parecida a esta. Es importante que encuentre a una persona que vive allí. Gracias.

1 Answer Mar 19, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    • coast/coast USA

by Pipwade Online Now Mar 17, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Hi, a couple of years ago my wife and I bought a Hiace at Kings Cross market in Sydney Oz while we were travelling over there, and drove the Eastern Circle, 17000 kms then flogged it on our return. Is it poss. to do the same in USA, ie buy a wagon and then flog it 2 months later (in the States), bearing in mind I'd be a British holiday maker and going to be in USA for about 2 months. Also if it is poss. how does the insurance work out? Many thanks for any advice.

4 Answers Mar 18, 2008 at 12:22 PM
    • moni2's Profile Photo

Travelling to USA in Dec - Jan 09

by moni2 Online Now Feb 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Wondering if anyone had tips for travelling in America (family of four) at Christmas time. I want to got to Disneyland and Universal Studios and then to New York. What is best way to get to New York? Is flying expensive? Is there a rail service? I was thinking of hiring a car/motorhome but no prices online for Winter???

Any good ideas appreciated.

5 Answers Feb 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM
    • Question about USA / Canada Travel from Australia

by drlemur Online Now Feb 8, 2008 at 11:38 PM

I have a flight booked from here in Australia to the USA for April 16th. It's a return flight due back on the 15th of June. The trip at the moment is on a regular Visa waiver and I probably only have about5000 with me to make it.. ( which is plenty as I know a lot of people in the US who will take care of me while I'm there for food, lodging etc..) It's a holiday so I don't plan to work on the trip legally or otherwise. I also have friends in Canada and wouldn't mind crossing into there also to see them. What would I need to do to be able to do that and is there any Visa or anything I have to apply for?

Secondly I'd like to spend as much time as possible overseas as I can.. Is there a legal way of not taking my plane home in June as planned but instead going over to Canada and taking a new flight back to Australia which I pay for when I'm there whenever the time is up? How long can I stay in Canada without having to go home? Anyway if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I don't really know any of the rules. Cheers.

Dan

4 Answers Feb 9, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    • First Time Travel Advice

by Lamby1985 Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Hello, I’m Paul.....

Im planning a coast to coast trip to the USA between 31/05/08 and 12/07/08 starting in New York and finishing in LA, with my girlfriend and would really be grateful for any advice given. I have a few questions....

Is six weeks long enough to travel?
      Is £3000 excluding flights for 2 people enough cash?
      What accommodation would you recommend?
      What methods of travel are best?
      Does anyone know a fairly pleasant but cheap hotel in New York?

We were looking at Greyhound and Amtrack but not sure which is the best option, kinda worried about the accommodation situation too. Another thing is my girlfriend is 20 and is able to drive, is this possible in the USA? She would only drive for around 2 weeks.

Thinking of visting New York, Niagra Falls, Chicago, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon.... do you recommend any other places?

Any general advice?

Thank you very much, any replies would be grateful.

Paul

5 Answers Jan 20, 2008 at 3:08 PM
    • advise on travel

by daveblake Online Now Feb 22, 2007 at 1:15 AM

My friend and I are two males both over 60 years of age and we would like to travel around america getting to meet people and visit interesting places we have been considering moving from place to place by Greyhound/Amtrak can you give us advise on where to go and which is the best method of travel.
      I should add that we are getting to old to rough it for the whole of our journey.

4 Answers Feb 25, 2007 at 6:46 PM
    • advise on travel

by daveblake Online Now Feb 22, 2007 at 12:54 AM

My friend and I are two males both over 60 years of age and we would like to travel around america getting to meet people and visit interesting places we have been considering moving from place to place by Greyhound/Amtrak can you give us advise on where to go and which is the best method of travel.
      I should add that we are getting to old to rough it for the whole of our journey.

1 Answer Feb 23, 2007 at 1:44 AM
    • Travelling from Memphis to New Orleans

by thedude6679 Online Now Feb 20, 2004 at 3:00 PM

Hi, I am visiting both Memphis and New Orleans in the fall and wondered what the best way to travel between the 2 is without flying? Cheers, thedude

2 Answers Mar 10, 2004 at 8:47 PM