Uruguay Travel Answers

change location

What budget tour companies do a tour from Rio to Buenos Aires, through Uruguay?

by 04072511 Online Now May 2, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Hi all,

I'm planning on travelling from September for a year or so and was hoping to begin my trip in Rio de Janeiro. I'm planning on starting my travelling with a trip from Rio to Buenos Aires with a budget tour company, just to ease myself into travelling, as I'll be travelling solo.

I've found 2 trips that look good:

1) GAP Adventures - In Search of Iguassu

gapadventures.com/trips/in-s...

2) Intrepid - Rio to Buenos Aires Unplugged

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/trips/GRM

A few questions:

1) Which of those 2 would you recommend?
2) What other budget tour companies are there that do a similar trip?

I'm faced with a bit of a problem. I finish my finals exams on the 2nd September so dont want to start my travels immediately after that as I'll need time to pack, say my goodbyes etc. So ideally I'd like to leave mid september. However the dates of these tours are not ideal for me at all.

For GAP the tour dates available are 8th September and 28th September (as the 15th September, which would be ideal for me is booked out already!), and Intrepid tour dates are 11th September and 25th September. So I'm wondering is there any other tour companies I could use as a tour that starts around 15-18th September would be the best for me.

The thing that has put me off Intrepid a bit is that you could end up being the only one on the tour, and that would be pretty awful to be honest.

I want to go on a tour that is mainly younger people if possible.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines