1) Which gives a better exchange rate in Cusco, banks or money changers?
2) What are the areas is Cusco that tourists should stay clear of?
3) If we need to catch the 11 am train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, what time should we leave Cusco if we take a cab? How much is the current taxi fare between Cusco and Ollantaytambo, one-way? Or is there an alternative to a taxi, like maybe an express bus (same route)?
4) I understand that food cannot be brought inside Machu Picchu but what about water? Could someone verify that it is allowed provided that it's in refillable containers but not in plastic disposable bottles?
5) Finally, is it possible for Machu Picchu visitors to enter the Inca Trail in the reverse direction in order to view Winay Wayna? If yes, how much is the cost if any and is a guide still required for this?
Thanks for any responses!
We have found some buses that do Cusco to Puno arriving at 2 pm earliest. Are there any that arrive earlier in the day? We don't really care what sort of bus so long as its cheap and fast. (Local bus...?)
And wed also like to find a bus from Puno to Cusco that leaves in the afternoon, so arriving around 9 or 10. Just as long as this one doesnt leave in the morning and doesn't drive during the sleepiest hours, we want it.
Why do the bus companies only have early morning or overnight service?
I will be staying in Cusco for 4 nights and will hope to visit Machu Picchu but i can only book my tickets 2 weeks before i travel so i am wondering is there sufficient time for me to book the train from Cusco to Machu Picchu ?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|