change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Online Seat Reservation w JR Hokkaido

Hokkaido Jan 28, 2016 at 3:18 AM

I have a question regarding online seat reservation for JR Hokkaido..

I know there is an English language online seat reservation site. What I need to know is at which point is the payment made?
      1. Upon reservation my credit card will be charged for both the reserved seat fee and train ticket? Or,
      2. I pay the total amount at the point of receiving the ticket + the reserved seat at the JR Midori No Madoguchi? If here, can I pay with cash?

Tq, Mel

more

Tambou or Rikyu for beef tongue in Sapporo?

Sapporo Jan 18, 2016 at 6:34 AM

We will be in Sapporo for a couple of nights. Now I am compiling restaurant list. Besides the crab and seafood I also want to eat grilled beef tongue which I totally love. I usually eat at Negishi whenever I'm in Tokyo. My research of Sapporo unearthed two places, Tambou and Rykyu. I know at least that Rikyu originated from Sendai and they have branches in Tokyo too but I've yet to try them out. Would anyone be able to recommend which of the two is better? Or even another place for beef tongue?

Tq, Melanie

more
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Advice for 4 days in Tokyo with a 4 year old

Tokyo Feb 2, 2016 at 3:47 AM

Hi - arriving in Tokyo Sunday Feb 7th at 330pm (Narita), departing late Thursday afternoon on Feb 11th. With 4 days, what to do? We live in a big city as it is, so was thinking of mostly skipping Tokyo and going straight to Hakone and spending the first 3 of the 4 total nights there (last night in Tokyo). Happy to hear other suggestions (though ideally you'll be familiar with Hakone and can take that knowledge into consideration if suggesting other itineraries -- but appreciate all thoughts).

My son even though only 4 is a veteran and easy traveler.

more
    • Onbashira Festival

Nagano Jan 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I'm going to be in Japan for a couple weeks in April, and I want to attend the Onbashira festival while i'm there. I only have enough time to stay in Nagano for 1 day, and I only want to see the part of the festival where they ride the logs down the hills. I can arrange to be there on either April 8, 9, 10 -- does anyone know which day I should choose so that I would be able to see them ride the logs? I can't seem to find a detailed schedule of the festival anywhere online, so I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

more
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Help on getting to Hakone and around from Narita (Feb 7 -11)

Hakone Feb 2, 2016 at 2:06 AM

Please advise.

Until 2 hours ago, I had never heard of Hakone. Now I'm seriously thinking of going with my 4 year old. We'll arrive at Narita on Feb 7th (Sunday) at 3:25pm.

Getting to Hakone from Narita: take the train to Tokyo station, then to Shinjuku station. At Shinjuku station, purchase the "Hakone Freepass", which includes (for an extra fee that can be paid at the same time?) Odakuyu Romancecar to Hakone-Yumoto station).

I plan on getting the 3 day pass, which also takes care of all transportation in Hakone and the ride back to Shinjuku.

I'd appreciate any knowledgeable advice or tips. I saw something that the Odakuyu Romance car requires an advance online reservation?

Will we be able to make it to Hakone -- i.e. does all transport operation normally on Sunday?

more
    • Where can I purchase winter boots near Nagano train station?

Nagano Jan 28, 2016 at 7:50 AM

Hello,
      I was hoping for some advice on where I can locate a good pair or non-slip winter boots or crampons within walking distance of Nagano station or near Jigokudani Monkey Park. My family and I will be visiting the Jigokudani Monkey Park. It is my understanding that the walk to the viewing area is sloped and possibly a little slippery. Any advice or information would be much appreciated.
      Thank you in advance for you time and assistance.

more

Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport?

Chitose Jan 18, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Can I buy Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport? If yes, whereabouts in the airport? How early does the shop open?

Tq, Mel

more
    • Touring in Nikko

Nikko Jan 27, 2016 at 8:37 PM

I am traveling to Japan in April and I plan to visit Nikko for one day, I have 2 children under 3 years old so is it better to rent a car or go by bus to the lakes and waterfall??!

more
    • lunaachan's Profile Photo

7 days in Tokyo; train tips, get a suica card or JR pass?

Tokyo Jan 13, 2016 at 3:54 PM

My family and I are going to Tokyo for the first time in a few weeks and we're wondering which one to get so we won't have to fuss around the ticket machines everytime. Furthermore, we're worrying about getting lost because everyone who's gone there seems to get confused a lot because there are a lot of trains. So if you have any tips or advice that would be very helpful >.

These are the places we want to go to (which pass would suit best for our trip? And would they cover everywhere we want to go to?)

Shinjuku
      Shibuya
      Harajuku
      Omotesando
      Ikebukuro
      Odaiba
      Asakusa
      Akasaka
      Tokyo station area
      Yokohama
      Disney Sea

more
    • tranceperent's Profile Photo

need help with location to stay

Okinawa Jan 11, 2016 at 3:22 AM

Hi, my wife, my daughter 4 year old and myself are planning for a 5 night trip to okinawa on the 2nd week of may. i want to know few things.
      1. is it a good season to visit the place? as in, is it a typhoon season from 9th-15th may 2016?
      2. which place we should stay in, we need to go to the beach everyday to swim (not necessary snorkel). we arent picky about hotels, though it is not a problem. should we stay in naha or one of the far away places up north. our flight is from tokyo to naha, so cant plan for another island. also preferred if the hotel is either near the monorail station or some stores/restaurants, since we dont prefer to eat in any hotel's limited restaurant choices.

any recommendation highly appreciated.

more
    • Jasma's Profile Photo

Trains in Japan

Japan Jan 25, 2016 at 3:40 AM

We are planning to visit Japan around mid April this year and wondering if the rail passes are useful and economic. We would like to see Tokyo, Osaka and Hiroshima.

more

Luggage rack on JR Hokkaido's Ltd Exp Ozora & Tokachi

Hokkaido Jan 14, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Hi,

We are catching both the Ltd Exp Tokachi and Ozora between Sapporo and Shintoku Stations.

Can I find out if these trains have luggage racks near the front/rear of the carriages?

Thanks,
      Mel

more
    • Japan Visa or No Visa for Filipino ?

Japan Jan 5, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Hello! Im a Filipino passport holder and planning to visit Japan for 4-5 Days. Do I need to apply for Visa?

more
    • i need travel agency

Okinawa Feb 1, 2016 at 6:08 PM

i will travel to okinawa for a week. the problem is i dont have driving licence so i think i should have a travel guide to bring me along the island.. or any suggestions? and where can i book a travel agency/guide?

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Help with Tokyo, leaving soon

Tokyo Jan 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM

We are stopping in Tokyo later this month on a layover on our way to Singapore. I've got a hotel booked, as suggested in responses in my earlier post, in Asakusa although all of the hotels you suggested were fully booked so I found a different hotel in the same area. We are flying into Narita at 8:30pm Saturday after a long international flight so I think we will head to the hotel and go to sleep. We will have all day Sunday and then fly out 6:05pm on Monday so 1 1/2 days in total for some sightseeing.

1) airport to hotel, I think I'm between several metro station and someone suggested the skyliner and then transfer to the metro for one stop

2) sightseeing, my short list has the Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple and the Edo Tokyo Museum. There's a fish market that looked interesting but it's early morning, maybe Monday. Anything else that I should really make a point of seeing? Not interested in shopping, I like architecture, I like gardens but will they still be nice to visit in January?

3) dining, any place around the Asakusa area for dinner? Nothing high end and nothing that my Western tastebuds would be horrified by. :-)

Thanks for any help, I've not had time to do much planning and now I'm panicking a bit!!!

more