Uppsala Län Travel Answers

change location
Caye's Profile Photo

House exchange between Uppsala and Northern California Coast

by Caye Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 1:15 AM

My daughter is studying in Uppsala, Sweden from August, 2008 for a year. I'd love to visit there during her stay, possibly some time at the beginning of 2009, for anywhere between 2 weeks to 3 months. Does anyone know where to investigate house swaps? I live in a beautiful area, right on the northern California coast. You can see the Pacific Ocean from my back yard. Great beaches and places to walk along the ocean or through the redwoods. I've a sweet 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with a large vegetable and flower garden, small pond with fountain and lovely neighbors. 4 miles outside of the town, but feels secluded.

Any ideas or advice on how to look into this possibility would be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: House exchange between Uppsala and Northern California Coast

by smmjzb Online Now Dec 7, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Hello, my name is Stuart and I'm from Riverside, CA. I'm a little over 8 hours south of you. Today I noticed your posting on Vitural Tourists from three years ago and it caught my attention right away. Our 21 year old son is attending Cal State Channel Islands and he is currently looking into international studies in Uppsala, Sweden. I noticed you stated on the website that your daughter would have attended the school in 2009. If she did attend, and if you wouldn't mind, could you communicate with my family concerning your daughter's time in Sweden? Also if you could tell me about your experience with virtual tourists. Was it good, bad, or neither. Thank You, Stuart and Family

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uppsala Län Travel Answer Locations