Uppsala Län Travel Answers

change location

Bus or Train?

by Esplanade88 Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 6:41 AM

Is it better to travel from Stockholm to Uppsala via bus or train? What are the pros and cons? Do I see the same type of scenery whether I take the bus or the train? I'm spending a very brief time in the Stockholm area and the trip to Uppsala would be my only chance to see stuff outside Stockholm. If I have a Stockholm Card, will that cover my train fare or bus fare between the 2 cities ?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Bus or Train?

by erabler Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 7:37 AM

The Stockholm Card is not good for travel to Uppsala. The motorway and the railway are more or less parallel so the scenery is the same, i.e., suburbs, agricultural plains, and forest (not very exciting). Trains are frequent and fast resplus.se/rttvint0405/51.pd... and cost 48/62SEK (off-peak / peak) one way when the ticket is bought from a machine using a credit card. When tickets are bought from the ticket office or on-board a supplement is charged. tim-trafik.se/priser_resulta... Busses are frequent, too, but a little slower. swebusexpress.se/files_expre... and cost 60SEK one way.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Bus or Train?

by Sjalen Online Now Nov 8, 2004 at 4:45 AM

You could also go to Sweden's oldest town Sigtuna (see page) which should be covered by the Stockholm Card. Commuter train to Märsta and then bus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uppsala Län Travel Answer Locations