Uppsala Län Travel Answers

change location

Travelling from Vasteras Airport to Uppsala University Hospital?

by Dee252004 Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 3:42 AM

Hi there, Could anybody be able to tell me how to get from Vasteras airport to Uppsala University Hospital, the cheapest and fastest method, along with the approximate prices on a saturday? Please...

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Travelling from Vasteras Airport to Uppsala University Hospital?

by erabler Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 7:57 AM

Here we go. Västerås Airport (Flygplats) to Uppsala bus/railway station, information and on-line reservations at: www.sj.se Please note that your interest in the trip Västerås Airport to Västerås railway station has to be reported the day before to phone +46 771 757575. If passengers don't announce their interest in advance the bus/taxi is cancelled. From Uppsala bus/railway station local buses run frequently to the hospital. The web site of that bus company is so messy, unfortunately, that I am not able to find out any details. http://www.uppsalabuss.se/ I suggest that you inquire locally once in Uppsala or call the bus company on +46 771 141414.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Travelling from Vasteras Airport to Uppsala University Hospital?

by Sjalen Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 8:31 AM

What has SJ, the railway company, to do with the airport??? It must surely be the local transport company in Västmanland you have to call for a taxi/bus??? Trains just run from Västerås Central station...That's where you look at the SJ site to get from Västerås to Uppsala by train. Bus 941 runs from Västerås Airport to the Central station. Here is the timetable in English: lanstrafiken.se/upload/4220/... If you want to go directly by coach all the way to Uppsala(1hr30 and usually cheaper), there is also Swebus Express: swebusexpress.se/files_expre... There is also a local bus between the two called 804: vl.se/upload/Lanstrafiken/Va...

• Re: Re: Travelling from Vasteras Airport to Uppsala University Hospital?

by erabler Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 9:35 AM

SJ do sell through tickets from the airport with a comment that you have make a phone call so I assume that you are supposed to call SJ when you buy the ticket from them.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Travelling from Vasteras Airport to Uppsala University Hospital?

by Sjalen Online Now Aug 25, 2004 at 1:20 AM

Ah, it must be like when they offer to sell you tickets to Stockholm underground if you buy a ticket to Stockholm! I wish we had :idea: icons at VT :-)))

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uppsala Län Travel Answer Locations