Uppsala Travel Answers

change location

cheap accomodation

by cuteguy207 Online Now Sep 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Hey,

I am coming for 3 nights in Uppsala in university conference next month and I find very expensive all hotels. Any idea for cheap accomodation ? Youth hostels seem booked for this period.

Or if anyone is renting for three nights I might be interested.

Thanks a lot

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Re: cheap accomodation

by marielexoteria Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 1:14 AM

How much are you willing to pay per day?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: cheap accomodation

by cuteguy207 Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 2:09 AM

Well that's a tricky question. The less the better. All hotels are for 700 kr minimum and that's not my budget. Do you have any proposals?

By the way, I am from Göteborg. my email address is shahzamanhaq@hotmail.com or you can reply me here.

by marielexoteria Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 3:25 AM

No proposals yet, but if I know how much is your absolute maximum then I can ask around.

by marielexoteria Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 3:36 AM

I got tipped these places:

- Patienthotellet Duvan: 500 SEK, single room including bed linen and breakfast, shared facilities - svenskakyrkan.se/samariterhe....

- Uppsala lägenhetshotel: 595 SEK per dygn (24 hours), single room including bed linen and cleaning after you leave (or once a week), access to kitchen, laundry room, free parking, internet and cable TV - http://www.uppsalalagenhetshotell.se/.

- Uppsala vandrarhem: from 300 SEK per day at their hostels (2 locations) - uppsalavandrarhem.se/DynPage....

Maybe another way to find accommodations on your budget would be staying in Stockholm, Sigtuna or Upplands Väsby and commuting to Uppsala? Trains go frequently and are not that expensive.

• wandeljp's Profile Photo

by wandeljp Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Hi ?

Why don't you try with:
    www.couchsurfing.com or www.hospitality.com
    both sites (free) are very interesting, you can meet local people, chat about their country or city, and stay at their place (for free)
    The fact that you stay for free is not the most important, well that you make friends from a other culture, religion, ethnicity,...

You just made a profile as complete as possible, with a few pictures, so that your future hosts have an idea who you are and what you are looking for, very important.

If you need help in that way , or just will talk about , just drop a line.

Friendly,

Jean-Pierre

by cuteguy207 Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 5:37 AM

Thanks that's a perferct idea. I never knew about this concept. I will try both of them. Currently, couchsurfing is giving 'site down message'. I will give your reference perhaps there might be some referral points to earn for you.
    Et merci encore

by cuteguy207 Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 5:41 AM

My ideal budget would have been 200SEK per night. I will give a try for 300SEK.
    Thanks again

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines