Uppsala Travel Answers

change location
deconti's Profile Photo

Late December Flights

by deconti Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 9:42 AM

Hi. I'm planning to spend a couple of months in Uppsala later this year and my return flight is booked for December 28th from Arlanda Airport to Amsterdam and then to Brazil. The problem is the flight leaves too early in the morning (06:45 am) and I'm afraid of not reaching the airport in time due to bad weather (i.e. snow). Are there frequent connections from Uppsala to the airport even in the winter? Should I change the departure time of my flight (or even the date)? Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: Late December Flights

by Sjalen Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 6:30 AM

Shame you won't stay for New Year which is pretty in Stockholm with all the water. You won't see how green and bright Sweden is in summer either, but maybe you've seen it before.

Sure, snow does lead to delays some times but if it does, the problems are the same whatever the time of day so it would be just as bad at lunch. But try checking the weather the evening before to see if you might need to leave earlier if the road conditions are awful. In that case, there are several early buses and one should certainly get there despite snow - it will just be late:

upplandslokaltrafik.se/uploa...

The only thing is maybe that you have TRAINS too if you pick a later flight. I don't think the Uppsala-Arlanda trains start to run until after 9.00 some time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • deconti's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Late December Flights

by deconti Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 7:24 AM

Thanks for your help! I'll then let my flight as it is now... It's really a shame not spending the New Year's Eve in Stockholm, but who knows...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines