Uppsala Travel Answers

change location

A vacation in uppsala... or somewhere there

by Numb Online Now Apr 18, 2005 at 10:40 AM

I've got a summer break coming up and me and a couple of my friends are thinking about heading to sweden. The plan is to visit my friends relatives but they're like 200 years old and I'd like to see some real places that don't have people shaking their heads and arms... sorry guys. So if any of you reading this haven't got plans for the begining of june and you feel like showing a fiew daft estonians around - contact me. No pressure just looking for a good time.
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: A vacation in uppsala... or somewhere there

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 19, 2005 at 1:31 PM

Well...Uppsala should be a great place to start although summer usually means the students have headed home. But then Stockholm is close...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: A vacation in uppsala... or somewhere there

by blaborsen2 Online Now Apr 23, 2005 at 1:45 AM

Welcome to Sweden. I assume your you are looking for nightclubs, pubs, shopping, tivoli and that kind of stuff and gives some good advices on my "Touristinformation Gothenburg Sweden" you´ll find at http://www.drivrutiner.net/eng/ . Gothenburg isn´t bigger then your are able to see the town by bike. And you just have a two-three hours trip to Stockholm or Malmö (near Copenhagen Denmark) with train and a two hours trip with boat to Denmark (Frederikshavn). If you would like going by bike please visit a friend of mine running a small bike-workshop. You find the adress and phonenumber on drivrutiner.net/eng/pedalkra... .
    If you´ve got plenty of time why not take a trip to the polarcirkle up in north. I put some links about this place in eurogyms pages http://www.eurogym.se/english/map.php who lies in Haparanda near the finnish border.
    Please put some couple of lines if you´ve got more questions in my forum at drivrutiner.net/forum/index.... under "touristinformation sweden".
    Welcome

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: A vacation in uppsala... or somewhere there

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 3:24 AM

Haha, just got back from Gothenburg myself (where I grew up). But since I was born in Stockholm I love both cities so you'll get tips on both from me :)))

• RE: A vacation in uppsala... or somewhere there

by Lonlywolf Online Now May 21, 2005 at 4:54 PM

You shold not go to the chicken country sweden.
    my father escapept from Estonia 44 and some off the last thing he said before he died that sweden is a chicken country he counted him self as a real Estonia man. Yeah we got some nice things to show you but that was 800 years from now. Estonia is a better place to be on hollyday the sweden. I am hafl swedish and i am almost afraid to say it. Fly to London same price on almost evrey thing but the beeer and alcohole. And the ladys are all nicer then the swedish concret babys. Yeah i'll get some angry letters from the swedish pepole but i dont care they are fooles living in a dream. If you go to sweden have a so good time you can but rember that all is a dream trust me. I've been in countrys that was in war and i can tell you that they have it better then the sweidish pepole becuse they dont live in a dream.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: A vacation in uppsala... or somewhere there

by Sjalen Online Now May 22, 2005 at 2:48 PM

Gosh! As a Swede having lived in both England and Belgium, I agree that Swedes think they are best at everything and Sweden god's country on Earth. However, that doesn't mean we are crap at everything - and as for cowards, my granddad saved Norwegian TUC members out of Norway during the war so don't judge a country on its government only OK. In that case, heaven knows what you think of several European countries which took part in the war. Moreover, I have as I said lived in England (London is something else - a world city) and there are just as many concrete girls there as well as elsewhere in northern Europe. Nope, I'm not going to write you hate mails. I see where you're coming from but you just seem very. very bitter.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines