Upper Squamish

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kid Friendly Sites

Kelowna Jul 1, 2014 at 11:10 PM

We are the grandparents of a seven year old granddaughter. We plan on touring around BC with her for a holiday this summer. What are some recommended sites to see/do while in or around Kelowna?

more
    • stuff to do

Prince George Jun 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM

In town for one night .... what's the best outdoor spot to go to within city boundary?

more
    • Wine tour in Okanagan Valley

Kelowna Jul 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Hi there!
      I'm doing a 10-day road trip through BC at the end of July, and Kelowna will be one of the stops for 2 nights. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good wine tours or the best areas (Naramata, West Kelowna, South Okanagan, etc) to tour? I'm looking for a tour that is fun, knowledgeable (as I do know a bit about wine already), and I'd love to go through wineries that are scenic. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks! :)

more
    • Transportation to Carriage Place Pier from Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver

North Vancouver Jun 23, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Can I take a taxi from this hotel to the Carriage Place Pier and if not what are my options.

more
    • Apou's Profile Photo

What's the nice place to go out on friday or saturday night?

Vancouver Jul 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

A place for 25 years and over... :)

more
    • Rent a car necessary

Vancouver Jul 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Spending a week in Vancouver this summer, if I want to go to Lynn Canyon and/or Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, will I need to rent a car or is there good public transportation?
      Tnx

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Has anyone hiked these areas?

Vancouver Jun 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Widgeon Lake, Golden Ears, and Mt. Judge Howay?

I wanted to go to Whistler, but Whistler is a bit far. These areas are closer, and have the same stuff.

I was wondering, is there a trail to Widgeon Lake? If so, how long is it, and where does one park his car?
      What about Blanshard Needle, and Evan's Valley? I see there is a nice waterfall at Evan's Valley, but it doesn't look like there is a trail.
      What about Judge Howay? Someone put a picture on Google Earth, of large waterfall flowing from red rocks. Is there a waterfall up there, if so, how does one get up there?
      Can these areas be hiked easily? And how long does it take to get up there from Surrey? I was thinking about just doing a day trip.
      Also, what will the conditions be like, late June, early July. WIll it be covered in snow, or will it be accessible?
      Any other similar places you could suggest for hiking, or should we just go to Whistler?

more
    • First time flyer/ international traveler

Vancouver Jun 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

So I am traveling with my husband to Vancouver in late July of this year. Neither of us have ever flown before let alone been out of the country. So I am looking for some advice on what to absolutely not bring and what I should bring for a week in Vancouver. I'm also looking for some ideas on what we should expect in the airport once we've crossed the border and the best/cheapest ways to get around town. Anything will help!

more

Are there any other places, like the Anthropology Museum?

Vancouver Jun 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I wanted to visit the Anthropology Museum, at the University, but I went on their website, and it says the fee is 16.75 CAD per person. That is quite a lot, and a bit too expensive for me.
      Are there any other places in the Vancouver area where I can see First Nations artifacts, for a cheaper price? I know there is one at Fort Langley, but the collection doesn't compare to this one.
      Is this museum worth the price?

more
    • Vancouver Island - 2 days

Vancouver Island Jul 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hi there, I'm planning a 10 day road trip through BC and the Alberta rockies, and I have allotted 2 days to be on Vancouver Island. We will likely be camping both days, and would just like to visit beautiful places and spend time outdoors. I would love visiting or camping near a beach there one or two nights. Seeing wildlife would be a bonus! I don't need to drive all around the island, I just want to spend 2 scenic days on the island. Any suggestions?

more
    • After your comments I am seriously thinking to cancel my family vacation.... but...

Vancouver Yesterday

I have a serious problem because I already bought my non-refundable flight tickets (they cost me a fortune by the way) and after all your comments, I am thinking just to to Victoria and avoid completely Vancouver.

Is that a good plan?.. or even Victoria also presents similar situations as Vancouver...

Thank you so much in advance for your advice...
      Bob

more

Does anyone know what kind of market this was?

Vancouver Jul 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Me and my cousin walked into this street market in Gastown, and started filming, and we almost got jumped. The market was set up right next to the Ranier Hotel on the corner of Carrall and W. Cordova St. It was a Sunday.
      Anyways, those guys got really angry that were filming, and when we asked them why we can't film, they didn't answer, and were looking at us the whole time. Who were those guys? Why were they so angry about the camera? Were they selling stolen property? What kind of market was this?

I wrote a warning about it, with pictures.
      "Almost Got Jumped By Street Vendors" - Vancouver Warnings Or Dangers Tip by briantravelman

I was with my cousin who lives there, and HE didn't know what it was. His guess was as good as mine. Please, any information will help. I would like to know who these guys were who almost jumped us. I've never had anything like this happened before.

more