Travel Answers
Upper Heyford

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Waterfalls where a Mobility Scooter could access?

Isle of Arran May 28, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Hi,
      Visiting Arran tomorrow for the first time. My husband has Parkinson's Disease so we are a bit limited in what he can do. We would love to see a waterfall. Are any accessible by mobility scooter?
      Any other suggestions for beautiful places to see during that are either accessible by scooter or no more than 250metres to walk?
      Thank you so much
      Therese

more
    • zone_de_guerre's Profile Photo

Friday Night for non drinkers in London!

London 7 hours ago

Hi all

I have cut back significantly on my alcohol intake and am in London for a few days. I am going to a play which finishes about half nine, can anyone suggest what is on after that time? Somewhere where I can meet people would be good!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Is Dame Diana Rigg still performing: "No Turn Unstoned"? If so where should one but tickets?

London May 27, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Is Dame Diana Rigg still performing at the theaters in London? I understood she performed in "No Turn Unstoned". And if so where should one try for tickets. I looked at the internet and it seems not.

more
    • Bus routes in derriford Plymouth

Plymouth May 26, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Bus routes in derriford plymouth

more
    • Bikers cafe

New Brighton May 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Hi could people tell me he name of the cafe all the bikers park outside please. And on Monday the three ships line up, what is the best time to see them together, and from where in new Brighton!

Thanks

more
    • Highland Games - Piping/dancing competitions

Scotland May 17, 2015 at 1:51 AM

Any ideas as to which are the best Highland Games for piping/dancing competitions and music rather than tug o war - I accept that all of them are good. Can flex as to where and when we go but so far my short list is:

Nairn
      Glenisla - good celidh - looks fun!!
      Bridge of Allan
      Inverary - could be tight as we have to be home by 23July
      Kenmore
      Invergordon
      Lonach
      Argyl
      Cowal
      Pitlochry
      Dundonald

Any suggestions for caravan sites nearby much appreciated. Many thanks in advance

more
    • guciukas's Profile Photo

hiking in Scotland

Scotland May 11, 2015 at 11:46 AM

I would like to go to Scotland for hiking (never did it before) starting from 12-13 June. Maybe there is anyone who would like to join, or to give some guidance on possible routes for beginners? thank you in advance. Neringa

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Little off beat - cheap courier service from UK, london to India

London Jun 1, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Hi,

Can anyone suggest any parcel service from London to India that sends parcels for a good price.. I have to send a 10 kg parcel. I have googled and found one but the general local ones are not easily available on the web. The one I found is in wembley which is sending for 27£ for 10 kg but need to take it from Victoria coach station to wembley. Any service near to Victoria..any better service with a good price.. Any idea on it Londoners???

more
    • poem In Liverpool museum in front of the liver bird building

Liverpool May 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM

there is a poem about Liverpool starting by I am...and it is like some sort of riddle.I can’t remember its name.
      does Anyone know it? It was in the museum
      Thank you!!

more
    • One evening only

Liverpool May 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Hello! I will attend a conference at the end of June and will have one evening only to explore Liverpool... Any must-dos? I will have been to the Cavern with a group the evening before, and one evening is the only spare time that I will have. Thanks for suggestions. (I will be based at the Hard days night hotel).

more
    • Airport transport

Orkney May 19, 2015 at 4:48 AM

What's the best way to get from Kirkwall airport to Stromness?

more
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Have you ever bought limited view tickets for Billy Elliot?

London May 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hi I want to see Billy Elliot and I am getting a price of 38-47 pounds to see the play in limited view seats (second floor, first row)(london box office is selling the tickets). have you ever been there at Victoria Palace? Do you think it will be ok? Thank you!!

more
    • terminal two bag transfer

Heathrow May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

more
    • SIM cards for US iPad mini and phone for use in UK

United Kingdom May 31, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Is there a great reliable source for information on using my iPad mini and iPhone in the United Kingdom? Last year I got a T-Mobile SIM card to use in my iPad mini while traveling on the continent. Despite their "global" claim, I never really had any service. I am considering getting an EE SIM card for my comepletely electronically illiterate sister-in-law to use maps in the UK. Will it work? Will it be difficult? Any ideas on SIM cards for iPhones?
      Thank you!

more
    • Rental car or Bus

Lymington May 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM

We are a family of 4 people, going to Lymington on a 7 day vcation. Please advise whether we should hire a car or use bus service going around

more
    • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Ingliston Park and Ride - long term stay?

Edinburgh May 15, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Dear VT members,
      I need to leave my car for 9 days near Edinburgh airport. I have found Ingliston Park and Ride to be very convenient and free. However, they indicate no overnight stay in website. Is there any VT member who left his car there for a long duration? I don't want to find my car towed when I arrive back. If this will certainly happen, where do you suggest to park the car?
      Thank you for your help.

more
    • guciukas's Profile Photo

hiking in Scotland

United Kingdom May 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM

I would like to go to Scotland for hiking (never did it before) starting from 12-13 June. Maybe there is anyone who would like to join, or to give some guidance on possible routes for beginners? thank you in advance. Neringa

more
    • HELP TO PLAN AND ROUTE

Lake District National Park May 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM

We are 4 adults who plan to do a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Lake District and Scotland.
      Our Dates of travel are fixed owing to certain other obligations.
      Our mode of transport is RAIL for London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      Our query is:
      Depart London by TRAIN on Wednesday, 15th. July 2015 -- Early Morning.
      Arrive Lake District and put bags in our B & B.
      Would like to tour the Lake District for the day.
      Night of 15th. in a Bed & Breakfast accommodation with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy.
      Depart Lake District by TRAIN on Thursday, 16th. July 2015 – Early Morning
      Arrive Edinburgh, Scotland and spend the day sightseeing and visiting a distillery @ woolen factory.
      Night of 16th. in a Hotel in Edinburgh with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy (+ B/F)
      17th. July - Spend the day sightseeing and board the TRAIN in the evening to arrive at London in the late evening.

We would appreciate your inputs and suggestions for :
      a. Return Train Tickets Booking – London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      b. B & B accommodation in Lake District
      c. Sightseeing in the Lake District
      d. Accommodation in Edinburgh
      e. Sightseeing in Edinburgh
      f. Any other suggestions / inputs to help in planning this trip

Thanks and regards

Jolly

more
    • Romagirly's Profile Photo

Falkirk Wheel and Stirling.

Glasgow May 5, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Hi All, I am arriving into Glasgow via Cruise Ship and have about 8 hours here. I was hoping to experience the Falkirk Wheel and then mooch around Stirling. Is this doable without booking an excursion and if so advice please.Tia.

more
    • MichaelJTopley's Profile Photo

Any Hidden Gems?

Lake District National Park May 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi all, am new to the site. My fiancee and I are heading to Cockermouth in June and are wanting to know of any hidden gens within the lake district worth checking out. We are there for 7 days and want to try and fit as much in as possible.

Many thanks :)

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • Car Hire Uk

Manchester May 29, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Flying into Manchester in September and departing Manchester end of December.Wanting to hire or aquire a car for 3 to 3.5 months.Any ideas on the cheapest way to do this?Thanks.

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Bath to stonehenge?

Bath May 27, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone please let me know which is the cheap and best way to reach stonehenge. Is it good to travel from southampton or from bath? And from whichever location it is best, how to go? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Prices in Scotland (Portree)

Portree May 25, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I recive some welcome messages so I decide to post some thing, and maybe I will find some time to fill my profile. Thanks everyone for your lovely get welcome.

So my question... I am interested in visiting Scotland in next few months, so I am now preparing myself for everyhing and most important thing I want to know are prices. I already read some threads but I want to make sure. I have already something in mind about place to sleep, will go for a week, how much I need to take with myself? I am going to stay Isle of Skye, so plan to visit Portree (here some photo's: scotlandpictures.net/isle-of... ), which destination you also suggest me to visit?

Thanks everyone!

more
    • Wheelchair access

Newcastle upon Tyne May 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi, I'm off for a stag weekend in the next few days. Does anyone know which clubs and bars are wheelchair friendly/accessible and that have disabled toilets to hand? Any response is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

more