United States of America Travel Answers

change location
JulieM51's Profile Photo

Priceline choose your own price

by JulieM51 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Has anyone booked a flight through Priceline's choose your own price tickets? Tips or suggestions you can give me would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Priceline choose your own price

by Agraichen Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have in the past but not for a couple years. It was relatively easy to use but did have a lot of restrictions on when you travelled and the number of "segments" flown. Not for everyone but used to have very agressive prices.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I have used it before, but wasn't happy cause you don't really know what you get and afterwards , if you want a refund or change your mind, you can't (restrictions) I like orbitzs and expedia that will give you customer support. Vayama has great prices and I like using them, but I got scam by them with no support for over a thousand dollars and still pretty pissed off about that. Use a site with good customer support is my advice.

cheers and happy travels

1 member found this helpful

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I have used them but only in the distant past. I priced tickets, and then deducted 40% from the price, and specified only one stop, and did get fairly cheap tickets although not the most convenient.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM

You might check out www.betterbidding.com and www.biddingfortravel.com to see if they have a FAQ section for flights. I use Priceline all the time for hotels (and check the websites above for bidding assistance) but doing it for flights makes me too nervous. And I avoid multiple stops flights if at all possible which Priceline doesn't guarantee.

• PR-7's Profile Photo

by PR-7 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM

One thing to be aware of with Priceline flights: if you ask for a flight from City A to City B on Day X, and they find a combination of flights that leave from City A after midnight on Day X, and arrives at City B before midnith on Day X, then you've bought those tickets. It doesn't matter how many plane changes take place, or if the first flight leaves at 12:01 am and the last flight arrives at 11:59 pm -- they've fulfilled their side of the bargain and you are REQUIRED to take their choices. That's the peril of blind bidding.

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I've done the vacation package deals several times and have been very happy with the results, even when the flight was "blind" (didn't see the times). I just got back from a Hotwire "blind" flight trip, and that also worked out fairly well: they both departed pretty early, but they had connections of only an hour or so. Hotwire mentioned the number of connections and the approximate departure times and layover times. And I think Priceline is the same in that respect.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I tried it a few times and I concluded that the small amount of possible savings didn't make up for the ability to get the exact timing I wanted. Especially when making sure you are leaving at the time you want, have enough time to catch the next flight, etc. I never use it anymore. Karl

• global-wanderer's Profile Photo

by global-wanderer Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I've used Priceline often....but not for flights. (Usually just for car rentals and hotels) I like to know what airline I'm dealing with!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular United States of America Travel Answer Locations