change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MartinK35's Profile Photo

Re: Bus or train transportation

Washington D.C. 37 minutes ago

I was planning a trip to Radford Virginia and St Augustine Florida from the UK to visit friends which I have done before but it usually involves a complicated and convoluted flight itinerary via Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta airport several times. (ie London to Atlanta, Atlanta to Roanoke Virginia, then Roanoke back to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Jacksonville Florida and then Jacksonville back to Atlanta and finally Atlanta to London.
      The VT meeting in Washington DC is around the same time that I was thinking about. VT Meetings in the past have always been great fun so now I'm thinking about combining all 3 cities in 8-10 days. Radford Virginia, St Augustine Florida and Washington DC.
      I will not have a car and will not rent one. I drive 2000+ miles per week for a living in the UK and around Europe so I refuse to drive when I'm on vacation. What public ground transportation options are there between the 3 cities?

more
    • Family vacation

Washington D.C. Jun 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Hi all! I was in Washington D.C back in 1990. I now would like to bring my family that includes a 10 year old and a 14 year old. I realize things are different now and I would like to know a safe, cheap place to stay (obviously outside downtown)that would include being able to access most sites via the metro. We plan on flying in so airport shuttles would be helpful since we don't plan on renting a car. Any other helpful hints would be great. I am hoping to book very soon. Thanks much!

more
    • Driving to Union Station

Washington D.C. Jul 17, 2014 at 6:39 AM

I need to meet someone at Union Station around 1pm on a weekday. I'll be driving from a hotel near Dulles airport. On the map, driving to Union Station looks fairly straightforward along I-66 and Constitution Avenue, and I understand there is parking available at the station. Is driving through the city a mad idea? Would it be better to park at Vienna Metro and ride in on the train?

more
    • riorich55's Profile Photo

Hotel Near Metro

Washington D.C. Jun 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM

My wife and I will be arriving in Washington D.C. via rail and departing from Reagan National so we want to pick a spot within a block or two of the Metro. Any suggestions? Don't want to pay top $$$ and don't mind staying outside of Central D.C.

more

Near United States Navy Memorial