change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Finalizing March trip

England Yesterday

The flights I want to take are BA codeshare with AA. I can get the AA tickets less expensively, but what I want to do is to fly BWI to LHR and then take the train to Cornwall. Then fly by Flybe from Newquay to Manchester, and then fly BA from Manchester to LHR and thence to BWI.

So the question I asked the guy from BA was - if I book the BWI to LHR and back with AA can I check my luggage through from Manchester to BWI? And he said I could. But I have very little confidence in his answer and think maybe I should pay more and just book the whole thing (except the Flybe part) with BA. What do you think?

I also asked him if I could take my folding mobility scooter with me in the cabin. Which I will also want to do on Flybe. It looks like I will be able to do so but I haven't actually talked to the Flybe folks yet. The scooter weighs 50 lbs/23 kg and measures about 45 cm x 40 cm x 64 cm. I really don't want to check it in the hold luggage.

It looks like I could rent a car in Manchester through Flybe. Would that be a good deal? And would it be convenient to pick the car up at the airport and would we be able to get out of Manchester from there easily to go to Huddersfield?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel to stay the day we get there which would be convenient to the station where we would be getting the Paddington to Penzance train? Also any recommendations for a place to stay in Port Isaac and in Huddersfield?

8 Answers Yesterday
    • 24-hour Cafes Near Victoria station?

London Jul 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Are there any 24-hour cafes near Victoria Station in London? If so, what are their names?

3 Answers Yesterday
    • Security clearance time

Heathrow Jul 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I am travelling on a domestic flight from Hrathrow T5 to Edinburgh next week at about 5pm. How long is security clearance taking at the moment?

• Can I leave Terminal 5 during my layover for other terminals?

Heathrow Jul 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Can I leave Terminal 5 to go to other terminals to access their lounges during my 7 hour layover on BA between Seattle and Cape Town?

14 Answers Yesterday
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day trip - what to see

Oxford Jul 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM

I am going on a day trip from London to Oxford by train along with my wife and 2 daughters (almost 8 hours in hand). We wanted to do city center walk tour and visit trinity college. Please suggest what are the places must see and what is best to avoid?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • buy lingustine

Crinan Jul 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi all, coming up to visit crinan this monday, would love to buy some fresh lingustine from the pier to take home, can anyone tell me what time the fishing boats land? n also if they will sell to individuals?
      thanks in advance :)

1 Answer Jul 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    • staying at london gatwick

London Jul 11, 2014 at 5:50 AM

hi,,,anyone have a clue with regard to whats best to get for a party 0f 3 ad 1child....we are in london for a sat/sunday in october.....we will need to go gatwick/victoria...then tube it round london for both days....is it best to get a travel card?...or buy non express gatwick/victoria rail and use oysters for the tube?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    • daisy1970's Profile Photo

Check in at Heathrow T2

Heathrow Jul 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM

With the new guidelines for electronics and flying to the US, should we allow more than three hours to be at heathrow before flight or three hour window sufficient?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    • taxi or bus service

Irvine Jul 10, 2014 at 12:18 PM

is there a bus or taxi to Galies Golf Club from Irvine Train Station

1 Answer Jul 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • What to see outside of London?

London Jul 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Dears,
      Please recommend what city I should visit outside of London? Hull, Oxford?? Please suggest. I am staying only 10 days in London. Thanks!!!
      Aida

14 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • ergo's Profile Photo

CLOTHING for mid-Sept. VISIT

Cornwall Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Hello from Canada!
      Hubs & I are visiting England in September & have a 4 day tour of southwest England planned for the middle of Sept.
      Can anyone advise what is the most appropriate casual attire for that time of year? Short, capris,jeans or ?
      real jacket for warmth? hoodie? Track shoes ok? or something waterproof? I know the weather changes quickly but like all females, I like to get some advice from those who have gone before me.
      Much thanks,
      Chris in Canada

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • MarieChristine's Profile Photo

Bristol Airport to Plymouth

Plymouth Jul 9, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Hi,

I'm going to a conference in Plymouth next week. What would be the best way to get from Bristol Airport to Plymouth?

Would be very thankful for tips.
      M.

3 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • MarieChristine's Profile Photo

Bristol Airport to Plymouth

Plymouth Jul 9, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Hi,

What would be the best way to get from Bristol Airport UK to Plymouth? And is it possible to buy tickets online?

Thank you!
      M.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • lou31's Profile Photo

Self Contained Cottages

United Kingdom Jul 9, 2014 at 12:36 AM

We are looking at staying in a self contained cottage in the south of England for a week in September next year. Does anyone know of some good web sites that we could access or does VT have a facility to get this information? All help will be appreciated.

11 Answers Yesterday
    • travelling from St. Ives/Cornwall to Dublin

Saint Ives Jul 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM

best way to get from St. Ives to Dublin

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • reliability of service in rush hour

Market Harborough Jul 8, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I am moving to market harborough next month and will be commuting to london everyday in the rush hours.
      Is the train service reliable? frequency of delays in the rush hour? and do you usually manage to find a seat on the train? According to my research there is no interchange so all trains are direct to london kingscross. Many thanks in advance for your comments/helps.

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • I am looking to buy 15 umbrellas for London's rain

London Jul 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hello guys :)

I need to buy 15 umbrellas that can protect good from the rain, something strong that lasts. . . Of-course the price should be. best. Do you know in which shop will i find what i need ?

Asaf

7 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • buss from glasgow

Loch Lomond Jul 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM

wat nimber and were can i get a bus from glasgow to balloch ,staying at the inn keepers lodge

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    • Inguuna's Profile Photo

How much time needed to pass through customs?

Luton Jul 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Dear VT friends,
      I have question about Luton airport. As I'll be flying with two flights switching them Luton/Stansted, I wanted to know, how much time approximately takes the immigration things? I want to buy bus tickets but not sure how much time to count.
      Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 2:42 PM
    • Travel around London with an overnight trip to Liverpool

London Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am meeting my partner in London as he is already there for a conference. I am traveling with his mother who is originally from England but has not been home in 43 years. Walking at times can be difficult and she is taking a walker with her. What are the best options for the following:
      Travel from Heathrow terminal 4 to Canary Warf area
      Travel from Canary Warf area to Liverpool
      Travel from Liverpool to Heathrow Terminal 4

We also plan on using the Tube for 4 days of sight seeing while in London prior to going to Liverpool. Sights I know we will be seeing are the London Eye, on/off bus tour for starters.

8 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    • ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

London Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • Manor house in Harwich

Harwich Jul 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Looking for the exact location in Harwich of the old Marvin manor. Perhaps now occupied by the Lord family. I am a descendent of the Marvin family.
      Thanks
      David

6 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • janiesgotagun's Profile Photo

FInding a flat in london - how would go about it

London Jul 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

i am travelling to the uk for 6 month... i hear it like new york and apartments are hard to comeby. Do you live in london? how would you go about finding a flat with a roomate?

8 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

International Cargo shipping

London Jul 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I need to ship few boxes part of my travel from London to Chennai, India. I wanted to know reliable authorized shipping companies from London who will take care of documentation, shipping, customs and delivery. Can I get some names and websites please?

7 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • Arriving Heathrow 7:00am T4--how busy is it and best way to get to T1

Heathrow Jul 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Hi--
      My daughter and I are arriving Heathrow T4 at 7:00 am; no checked luggage but have a separate (not through-ticket) flight to Edinburgh from T1. I didn't realize we needed so much time to transfer and we only have 2:15 minutes to transfer, and now I am panicking in reading these posts...
      How busy is Heathrow at 7? I know we have to go through immigration control and then go out to get transportation to T1; we will be sitting near the front of the plane and should be able to get off fairly quickly.
      We are flying in on Delta and our Edinburgh flight is Virgin Atlantic (they are partners now), but booked separately.
      Even though not officially "connecting"--if we have no luggage and are checked in and have a boarding pass can we get on the connector busses? . or do we need to get on the Heathrow express?
      Thank you for any advice in navigating this as quickly as possible.

7 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM
    • Tourist Visa for Sudanese

United Kingdom Jul 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I plan to apply for tourist visa for my friend. I was wondering what type of evidence should they brong to the Embassy? They are unemployed and my family member plans to sponsor them. I also understand that you must show evidence that they will return home. What would be considered evidence that their family relies on them?

9 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    • Indian Restaurants in London

London Jul 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

The best place for indian food in London. Can anyone help me out???

11 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • self catering accomodation

Derry/Londonderry Jul 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM

what standard is accommodation at BT48 aparthotel? We have family of 4 staying this weekend but concerned about tri advisor reviews.

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • Hose Riding?

Frinton-on-Sea Jul 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Hello, Can I ride my horse on the beach? or what times are we allowed to?
      Thanks
      Peter

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • Parking other than the market square

Masham Jul 3, 2014 at 3:43 AM

I've been to Masham just once before, other than the Market square are there other parking sites close by? Thanks

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 4:42 AM