United Arab Emirates

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trip To Shark Island Khorfakkan Fujheira

Khorfakkan Jan 16, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Planning to go to Shark Island, Khorfakhan for a day with my fly. How much does the
      boat trip cost drop n pick up. Is there any shade on the Island or should we carry a beach umbrella.

more
    • Alcohol allowed while connecting Flights from Sharjah ?

Sharjah Jan 11, 2015 at 5:15 AM

When Traveling from Doha,Qatar to Hyderabad through Sharjah (Air Arabia) am i allowed to take alcohol with me inside brought from qatar duty free??

more
    • Alcohol through sharjah allowed ?

Sharjah Jan 8, 2015 at 12:33 AM

When Traveling from Doha,Qatar to Hyderabad through Sharjah (Air Arabia) am i allowed to take liquor with me inside brought from qatar duty free?

more
    • Transfer to Cruise Port from Dubai airport

Dubai Jan 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Is transportation available from Dubai airport to the Cruise port?

more
    • Changing planes at Dubai and Baggage collection

Dubai 12 hours ago

Hi Iam travelling to Moscow from Mumbai via Dubai and am issued with two e-tickets.My flight to Dubai does not have arrangement with onward flight to allow through check in of my luggage (from Mumbai to Moscow) and it appears that I have to collect my luggage at Dubai and re-check into Dubai. Inward and onward flights are from terminal one at Dubai.Duration between the flights is only 2 hours.Please let me know if I need a transit visa to collect my luggage at Dubai? Also please advise on how long it takes to collect the luggage, recheck in and pass through the security. Thanks in advance.

more
    • cost of taxis in dubai

Dubai Jan 14, 2015 at 1:31 AM

Can you pls tell me how much a taxi would cost from the airport to bur dubai and also from bur dubai to abu dhabi.
      are 5 passengers allowed in a taxi?

more
    • wheelchair and taxi

Dubai Jan 7, 2015 at 11:10 AM

we will start our journey to dubai in february. I need a taxi for a person with a wheelchair. can somebody help me?

thx

more
    • price of gold in gold souk

Dubai Jan 2, 2015 at 9:11 AM

hi. what is a reasonable price of gold in dubai? example a gold necklace. thanks

more
    • Staying in Abu Dhabi as a young couple

Abu Dhabi Jan 21, 2015 at 8:20 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning on visiting Abu Dhabi and Dubai at the end of February. His uncle lives there and we are going to visit him and his girlfriend. However I am not quite familiar with how couples should behave when visiting. I read that showing affection in public is not the best idea, and I also read that unmarried couples shouldn't sleep in the same hotel room. So I am wondering if you have any advices about how couples (we are students) should behave and if it's a problem if we stay at their place. I hope not. Thank you in advance! :)

more
    • Need to clear customs at Dubai Airport in order to check in for another separate flight?

Dubai Jan 17, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Hi everyone, I intend to purchase 2 separate tickets to fly to Karachi. Its kind of cheaper that way instead of a connecting flight.

I intend to fly to Dubai first with Singapore Airlines and then proceed to fly with Emirates from Dubai International Airport to Karachi. 

My question is do I need to clear the customs and collect my luggage before I can check in for my next flight with Emirates? My son and I are Singapore Citizens so we have visa on arrival to Dubai but my husband is a Pakistani. He needs a visa to enter Dubai. We intend to remain at the airport and not go to the city. In my case, will visa be needed for my husband? Do we need to clear customs or can we just stay at the Dubai Airport Hotel without any visa required?

more
    • Where to stay for 1st time visit?

Dubai Jan 5, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Hi all. We are due to visit Dubai in June for a 9 night stay. We haven't been before, and after so much looking at hotels on the internet, we decided to book up at the Hilton Ras Khaimah Resort, Spa & Villas, as it looks lovely, but after realising it's an hour from Dubai, we are considering changing this, as we would like to visit the city to see some of the attractions as well as relax, so we are now finding it difficult to book somewhere to stay that will allow us to see the sights of Dubai, but also relax & chill out in the sun. Happy to stay a little way out, but is Ras Khaimah Resort, Spa & Villas to far? Or are their any other hotels nearer that will offer us the holiday we are looking for. Thanks for any helpful tips. Dean.

more

Popular United Arab Emirates Travel Answer Locations

• Changing planes at Dubai and Baggage collection

Dubai 12 hours ago

Hi Iam travelling to Moscow from Mumbai via Dubai and am issued with two e-tickets.My flight to Dubai does not have arrangement with onward flight to allow through check in of my luggage (from Mumbai to Moscow) and it appears that I have to collect my luggage at Dubai and re-check into Dubai. Inward and onward flights are from terminal one at Dubai.Duration between the flights is only 2 hours.Please let me know if I need a transit visa to collect my luggage at Dubai? Also please advise on how long it takes to collect the luggage, recheck in and pass through the security. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers 10 hours ago
    • Staying in Abu Dhabi as a young couple

Abu Dhabi Jan 21, 2015 at 8:20 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning on visiting Abu Dhabi and Dubai at the end of February. His uncle lives there and we are going to visit him and his girlfriend. However I am not quite familiar with how couples should behave when visiting. I read that showing affection in public is not the best idea, and I also read that unmarried couples shouldn't sleep in the same hotel room. So I am wondering if you have any advices about how couples (we are students) should behave and if it's a problem if we stay at their place. I hope not. Thank you in advance! :)

6 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    • Need to clear customs at Dubai Airport in order to check in for another separate flight?

Dubai Jan 17, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Hi everyone, I intend to purchase 2 separate tickets to fly to Karachi. Its kind of cheaper that way instead of a connecting flight.

I intend to fly to Dubai first with Singapore Airlines and then proceed to fly with Emirates from Dubai International Airport to Karachi. 

My question is do I need to clear the customs and collect my luggage before I can check in for my next flight with Emirates? My son and I are Singapore Citizens so we have visa on arrival to Dubai but my husband is a Pakistani. He needs a visa to enter Dubai. We intend to remain at the airport and not go to the city. In my case, will visa be needed for my husband? Do we need to clear customs or can we just stay at the Dubai Airport Hotel without any visa required?

7 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 2:07 AM
    • Trip To Shark Island Khorfakkan Fujheira

Khorfakkan Jan 16, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Planning to go to Shark Island, Khorfakhan for a day with my fly. How much does the
      boat trip cost drop n pick up. Is there any shade on the Island or should we carry a beach umbrella.

• cost of taxis in dubai

Dubai Jan 14, 2015 at 1:31 AM

Can you pls tell me how much a taxi would cost from the airport to bur dubai and also from bur dubai to abu dhabi.
      are 5 passengers allowed in a taxi?

4 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM
    • Alcohol allowed while connecting Flights from Sharjah ?

Sharjah Jan 11, 2015 at 5:15 AM

When Traveling from Doha,Qatar to Hyderabad through Sharjah (Air Arabia) am i allowed to take alcohol with me inside brought from qatar duty free??

1 Answer Jan 27, 2015 at 11:43 PM
    • Alcohol through sharjah allowed ?

Sharjah Jan 8, 2015 at 12:33 AM

When Traveling from Doha,Qatar to Hyderabad through Sharjah (Air Arabia) am i allowed to take liquor with me inside brought from qatar duty free?

1 Answer Jan 28, 2015 at 2:41 AM
    • wheelchair and taxi

Dubai Jan 7, 2015 at 11:10 AM

we will start our journey to dubai in february. I need a taxi for a person with a wheelchair. can somebody help me?

thx

4 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 12:31 AM
    • Where to stay for 1st time visit?

Dubai Jan 5, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Hi all. We are due to visit Dubai in June for a 9 night stay. We haven't been before, and after so much looking at hotels on the internet, we decided to book up at the Hilton Ras Khaimah Resort, Spa & Villas, as it looks lovely, but after realising it's an hour from Dubai, we are considering changing this, as we would like to visit the city to see some of the attractions as well as relax, so we are now finding it difficult to book somewhere to stay that will allow us to see the sights of Dubai, but also relax & chill out in the sun. Happy to stay a little way out, but is Ras Khaimah Resort, Spa & Villas to far? Or are their any other hotels nearer that will offer us the holiday we are looking for. Thanks for any helpful tips. Dean.

13 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 10:24 PM
    • Transfer to Cruise Port from Dubai airport

Dubai Jan 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Is transportation available from Dubai airport to the Cruise port?

1 Answer Jan 4, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • price of gold in gold souk

Dubai Jan 2, 2015 at 9:11 AM

hi. what is a reasonable price of gold in dubai? example a gold necklace. thanks

4 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 12:34 AM
    • travel companion in dubai

Dubai Dec 30, 2014 at 3:03 AM

I am going first time in Dubai for 3-4 days, any advise what best to do ?
      And any one going similar dates, I will be there from 28th to 31st Jan and would love to go around with someone else rather than alone and we can share travel cost etc.

3 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 12:36 AM
    • Auris Plaza Hotel

Dubai Dec 29, 2014 at 3:02 AM

Which one is a good hotel- Auris Plaza or Tamani Marina?
      Appreciate your reply.

1 Answer Dec 29, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    • pierre1974dale's Profile Photo

Travelling in Feb 15

Ras Al Khaimah Dec 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Travelling there as a couple we are after some info regarding trips and any must do's we will be there for 6 days. We have been looking at a Dhow trip from Mousadam and also a trip around the Hatta mountains any advice & tips??

2 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 1:12 AM
    • Travel package to dubai

Dubai Dec 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hello can any dubai local or frequent traveller refer me to a travel agent that can help with travel package to dubai i.e visa,sightseeing around dubai,pick up and drop off,hotel reservation and airport transfer.Many thanks

2 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • need some advise in planning my trip to dubai

Dubai Dec 24, 2014 at 5:23 AM

I will be travelling to dubai in first week of march with a child(2.7 years old). Keeping in mind that my husband would be taking care of her... can you suggest places to visit with the toddler.

4 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    • Liquor allowed ?

Sharjah Dec 23, 2014 at 12:19 AM

6 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM
    • Baggage Policy

Dubai Dec 22, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Hi Friends,
      I am planning to travel from NY( US) to INDIA via Emirates. On my course of journey, I would like to get down in Dubai and take a 4 day tour. Planning to apply for 96 Hr Transit VISA well in advance, once the tickets are booked. However my question on baggage is as follows. From NY , I can check in two baggage s of 23Kgs each ( Total = 46Kg)which I will collect in Duabi Airport. Once I finish off my Dubai trip, Will Emirates allow me to check-in the same 2 pcs baggage to fly to INDIA with no extra cost? I read that Dubai Airport has a baggage limit of 30Kgs while flying to INDIA. It will be very costly if I have to pay for the excess baggage( 16kgs). Guys, I am sure..Some one must have gone through this kind of situation, please clarify my question.

4 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    • MardinaN's Profile Photo

Metro and transport

Dubai Dec 21, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Hello

I will be in dubai from 10th January for 7 days

Can someone please advise how can I get hold of a metro card and how do I use it..

Thanks

5 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    • Is there a bus service from Dubai to Umm Al Quwain??

Umm al Qaywayn Dec 21, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Is there a bus service from Dubai to Umm Al Quwain??

1 Answer Dec 21, 2014 at 6:19 AM
    • Abbsy's Profile Photo

Burj Al Arab

Dubai Dec 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Hello everyone,
      We are hoping to visit Burj al Arab Skyview Bar in March 2015, either for a cocktail or for afternoon tea and wanting a window seat to watch the sun set, is it best to go for Afternoon Tea or a cocktail.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Again is there any way to improve the chances of getting a window seat?
      We are staying in the JA Ocean View Hotel, as far as I know it's close to the Dubai Marina (correct me if I'm wrong) and wondered what is the best way to travel to get to the Burj AlArab - is there a Mono rail in the area of my hotel and if so will this take us to the vicinity of the Burj Al Arab?
      Any advise further adviser/recommendations would be most grateful.
      Thanks.

6 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    • Alcohol and cigarettes

Dubai Dec 18, 2014 at 5:41 AM

I will be in UAE for a year, what is the availability of alcohol and cigarettes?

5 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Transit for 7 hours

Dubai Dec 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM

I will be travelling from London to Madras next week and have 7 hours wait time in Dubai on transit. Reading the rules, it looks like I cannot take a transit visa and spend better time. Are there hotels inside the terminal that I can book for 4-6 hours? Travelling with 2 kids it may be easy and comfortable spending this time. If yes, how much will that cost? Thanks!

4 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    • 12 hour layover in Dubai

Dubai Dec 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I have a 12 hour layover between a flight from Kochi, India, to Atlanta in late January. I hold a US passport. I'd like to get out to see a bit of Dubai but it's looking to me like I can only get a transit visa if I have a hotel reserved in Dubai. Am I correct about this? (I haven't seen other people mention this in my research on the subject).

3 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM
    • Leo2006's Profile Photo

Penguine Encounter: Worth to pay 100€ for Exclusive Encountr or is "Peng friend" for 30 € enough?

Dubai Dec 15, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hi,
      my son and me will visit Dubai. My son is 14.
      Is it worth to pay 500 AED for Exclusive Peng-Friend Encounter (with 14 penguines/8 pppl) or is "Peng friend" (2 penguines/12 ppl, 150 AED) enough? Or it is anyway a few seconds to touch the penguine?

Leon

2 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • Khatt Springs - is there a section open to the public (even chargeable)?

Ras Al Khaimah Dec 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Khatt
      Ras al Khaimah
      25.617933, 56.012091

At this location, is the general public able to use the hotsprings, for a charge even?
      javascript:void(0)

1 Answer Dec 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • Marriage without parents - single woman

Dubai Dec 9, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Is it allowed for a single woman to get married without the presence of her parents and any mahram in UAE? I am a muslim convert from Europe. Will they create problems for me?

1 Answer Dec 9, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • i'm concerned about the recent stabbing of a foreigner -putting me off going to dubai and abu dhabi

Dubai Dec 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM

after the abu dhabi stabbing, is it a more dangerous place for foreigners nowadays? I always felt it was a safe place but i'm about to go back for a holiday and am concerned abou the recent stabbing of American Teacher.

7 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    • elderly father

Dubai Dec 7, 2014 at 5:58 AM

kindly looking for a reliable person to show my father around town 12-13 january he is dutch but speaks english,worried daughter would feel relieved....

5 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    • Transportation

Dubai Dec 5, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Which is the best taxi to take in Dubai travelling with two children.

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM