Union Territory of Delhi Travel Answers

change location
loose_motion's Profile Photo

Getting a SIM card at delhi airport ?

by loose_motion Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Is it better to wait and get a local number from the market or at the airport ? Are the SIM cards cheaper outside ? I will be in delhi for less than 10 days in the 3rd week of march and just need a local number for that time

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • mehulraj's Profile Photo

Re: Getting a SIM card at delhi airport ?

by mehulraj Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Its really easy to get sim card anywhere in india!!!!!! but getting it activated is the biggest challenge you will face.
    sim cards wont cost you much not even a dollar..the best thing is if you got friends here in india then you can ask them to buy it for you..you can use it for 10 days and return it back..
    apart from this you will find sim card already activated in grey market but Its not safe and highly risky.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Agree with mehulraj above. Getting either a pre-paid or post-paid SIM card activated is really tough owing to the perceived security threat, esp. in Delhi. Besides, quite a few documents need to be submitted before you can buy a SIM card. Just forget the hassle and use the ubiquitous STD/ISD booths (Subscriber Trunk Dailling/International Subscriber Dailling), if you need to make a call.

1 member found this helpful

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

by loose_motion Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Thanks for the tip :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• quincey0722's Profile Photo

by quincey0722 Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 5:00 AM

I was in Delhi for 1 week and it was also my issue, I had to wait for 5 days for the sim card to be activated (how funny!). The service agent called several times to verify and insisted that I submit some more documents, I kept coming back to the center! I got so fed up with it that I asked my friend if he could lend his sim card for sometime. What a hassle!

• quincey0722's Profile Photo

by quincey0722 Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 5:00 AM

I was in Delhi for 1 week and it was also my issue, I had to wait for 5 days for the sim card to be activated (how funny!). The service agent called several times to verify and insisted that I submit some more documents, I kept coming back to the center! I got so fed up with it that I asked my friend if he could lend his sim card for sometime. What a hassle!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Union Territory of Delhi Travel Answer Locations