Travel Answers
Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Travel Answer Locations

• Help with planning a trip to Andamans

We are a family of four, planning a trip to Andamans in end-June-early July. I would appreciate advice with the following issues:

1. Is this a good time to travel there? If not, what's the best time?
      2. What's the shortest distance if one decides to take a ferry, from Chennai or Kanyakumari?
      3. Can one try/learn scuba diving if one doesn't know swimming? Would you recommend any particular company? and, island?

Please help! Much thanks, Navnita

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • draveshia's Profile Photo

august in andaman

going in august for 5 days
      is a good weather
      can do water sports then
      where to go and where to stay

2 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • Package deal from makemytrip.com

I found this package today. Is it worth the price of about 10000 INR? Can I get anything cheaper?

fph.makemytrip.com/site/fph/...

9 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • Andaman Islands

I am planning to visit the islands of Andaman and Nicobar. Is it worth staying there for more than a day? Read the wikitravel pages, and there seems to be very little to see. I am not into snorkeling or scuba diving.

5 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    • jamaluddinsm's Profile Photo

Andaman visit permit

Hi friends,
      So far I know those coming to Port Blair airport by a flight receives permit (for non-Indians) after arrival to P. Blair but what about the travelers coming at harbour by ship ? Can it be issued there at harbour or from Kolkata shipping office or at very beginning during visa process ?

6 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    • jamaluddinsm's Profile Photo

Travelling Andaman by ship from Kolkata

Hi,
      I'm planning to make a trip to Andaman with a group of 2 families having 2 kids in each(age 5 and 12 yrs) . Would anybody pl help me give some ideas answering the following questions-
      1. How feasible it would be to have a ship journey from Kolkata to Andaman with kids of this age ?.
      2. If I want to return back by flight (one way), would I be able to get the air tickets (of 8 persons) from Port Blair to Kolkata on the spot without any advance booking ?
      3. On which month there are less travelers in Andaman, when the hotel rooms are available without prior booking and rates are cheaper.
      4. Can you give me an idea of the flight rates from Port Blair to Kolkata and vice versa ?
      Hi, I am looking forward to have the reply and if anybody expert on Andaman travel contact me to my personal e-mail address at jamaluddinsm@gmail.com as a friend

11 Answers May 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    • house for eleven people

Port Blair Jan 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Hi

I'm looking to rent a house (or two or three appartmants) for 11 adults from 15th to 22nd of February on Havelock Island or anywhere else near the beach.

Kind regards, Robin

• Trip in march

Weather of Andaman and nicobar in march,
      suggestion for clothes,
      hotels, resorts
      Food

2 Answers Dec 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    • light n sound show in english at port blair

Port Blair May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

is the light n sound show in english conducted all days ( other thn monday) or only on wed n fri............and what are the timings for this show pl

1 Answer May 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    • light n sound show in english at port blair

Port Blair May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

is the light n sound show in english conducted all days ( other thn monday) or only on wed n fri............and what are the timings for this show pl

2 Answers May 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    • can we pick up own snorkeling kit somewhere

Port Blair May 2, 2012 at 7:03 AM

we are a family of 4 spending a week in port blair/ havelock and someone suggested it will be a good idea to have own basic kit for r snorkeling.... wonder what all it involves and where can one pick up these items.... any suggestions?????

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • help me plan trip to andamans in may

Port Blair Apr 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hello , we are a family of 4 , planning this trip from 7th to 15th May ………. I have planned the itinerary with help of web research and… I know it will be raining …… will be grateful if someone can help me with practical suggestions to fine tune the programme

DAY 1 ( 8th May, Monday) reach by morn flight and in the AN/ evening go to Corbyn's Cove
      Kindly suggestions > good taxi service in port blair ?
      DAY 2/3/4 ( Tues - Thurs) Havelock Island
      we plan to catch the 6 am ferry ………. accomodoation fixed in Dolphin resort………..we are interested in scuba diving exposure for the boys
      Your suggestions >
      1 transport for this early morning ferry……are point to point cabs available early in the morning
      2 . hows food in dolphin and good eating places in Havelock island (sea food)
      3 whats a good transport option in Havelock
      4 should we also go for snorkeling here ..
      5 good diving outfits ….. being off season we hope to get some discount on the advt tariff
      DAY 5 Chaitham saw mill and cellular jail , finshing with show in evening
      Your suggestions >
      1 which are good eating places in port blai
      2 what are transport options incl hiring of scooters and from where
      DAY 6 Wandoor ….. we want to do snorkeling
      Your suggestions >
      1 is Jolly Buoy now open…. Whats best way to go to jolly buoy , if its open and worth visiting.
      2 what about red skin island
      3 heard somewhere that when you go to these places , there aint enough snorkeling kit so can this be hired from somewhere
      DAY 7 BARATANG AND JAWRA RESERVE
      Your suggestions >
      1 whats the driving time … 2.30 h 0r 4.30 hrs
      2 has the jawra reserve been relocated and is it worth going there?
      DAY 8 Your suggestions > about
      North Bay (Coral Island) - to see coral reefs and Chidiya Tapu
      Is there any other place that we have missed out

5 Answers May 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    • Andaman Trip In May

Hello,

Myself and wife want to visit Andaman in May to celebrate our anniversary. We want a nice recommendation for hotel and places so below questions so far:

1> Weather during May

If it is raining then I would prefer a really nice hotel recommendation - 4 stars or similar
      If not then a convenient nice hotel would be good. 3 star or even lower

2> We are flexible in dates maybe 7 days. So should teh split be 5 days port blair, 2 days Havelock as most sites and packages are offering

3> Hotel recommendations in both places to book online

4> Travel within the islands - is it simple to arrange once there or booking a package is important?

Appreciate the help. We like becah side hotels if the weather is going to be sunny.

appreciate any help.

Kiran

1 Answer May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • Planning a visit

I am planning a visit to this beautiful island from Chennai. want to know the ship fare details and accomodation facilities.

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • Kyle-Taiwan's Profile Photo

Some questions about getting to Andaman Island

I guess the first and most important thing is if the permit is still available on arrival? I am a lone male Canadian traveler wanting to go there during Chinese new year. Will i be able to get eth permit on arrive at the airport there or should it be arranged ahead of time? if can get it there, is there a delay period or same day?

I am also having trouble finding flights to this island. I Have been checking sites like http://www.flykingfisher.com/ but so far not having luck, makes em think i am getting the destination name wrong.

I am traveling from Taiwan and probabyl going to go to Kuala Lumpur as its the cheapest flight from here that can then go to many places. Not many cheap flights direct from Taiwan this time of year. But I am assuming that there are still only direct flights form India to these islands, right?

My maximum travel time form leaving and returning to Taiwan is Jan 21-29, so pretty short. My reason for going here is to photograph the plants and animals, especially geckos.

Thanks a lot for any current info :)

3 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    • Vladek65's Profile Photo

Budget Hotels on Havelock Island

I will visit A&N on November. Could you reccomend me any budget hotel on Haveloc Island?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM
    • Andaman activities

Hi!!!

Did anyone have been to Andaman Islands?? I want to know what all are the activities and the adventurous sports in Andaman that can be availed by us. And also suggest me the sightseeing option around the island and the reasonably prized packages for the same.

Thanx 

2 Answers May 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    • moomoogirl's Profile Photo

Port Blair TIPS

Port Blair Dec 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Hi there,

We are traveling to Port Blair in January 2011 on a Cruise Ship.
      We have only 1 day in this elusive port. I have done numerous searches on this port but have not found much information. Can anyone tell me if there are markets to shop at,restaurants,is money exchange easy to access, what money they do accept? (we are Aussie)and any other hints you may be able to share with us, I would be gratefully appreciative.
      Thanks in advance
      Stephanie.

2 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Port Blair

Port Blair Nov 23, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hi! VTers! Need help re visit to Port Blair this NYear. Any suggestion or tips welcome. Perhaps, I didn't search VT thoroughly but found the postings scanty. Any *must read* book or brochure or pamphlet? Thank u all, in advance!

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • dinesh325's Profile Photo

Anyone Goes to Andaman Islands

Hi IS anyone has gone to andaman islands or nicorba islands.pls let me know information...Air travel and visa etc....

PLs
      DD

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • june

How are the islands in June in terms of weather

2 Answers Apr 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    • is april a good time to visit andaman?

m planning on andaman as a destination to visit with my hubby.
      but the trip been planned in april.
      have been wanting to visit andaman for long time
      is april a good time o visit andaman?
      will one be able to enjoy all benefits tat the island offers ?

i have heard island quite hot during april..

thanks
      regards
      sumedha

3 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 2:49 AM
    • gaechka's Profile Photo

Havelock island, Eco Villa Palm beach resort. Any reference?

Hello, we have reserved a cotage at Eco Villa Palm beach resort for 7 days in Havelock island. Also stuf proposed to pick up from airport Port Böair and orange ferry tickets for us. Its sounds very nice! isn't it?

Please give to us a reference about Eco Villa if any one have been there or passed via?

We are a couple with child.
      thank you in advance,

Caline, Eric and little Gael

any inf about "Island Camping " in Havelok island on Andaman?

Hi everyone,
      We are searching for accomodation on the Readha Nagar Beach #7 on the Havelok island of Andaman
      In Lonely planet book i finded only Island Camping and Barefoot resot. Resot is luxureos so its not our style ;-) But what do you know about "Island Camping "??? any an other solutions?

Thanks in advance,
      Caline

2 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Andaman-is good place to stay for family with child?

hello, we are a family with child of 3 y.o. will fly to India (Delhi) we would like to spend 2 weeks to see Agra and Varanasi and later stay on the beach.
      1 years ago we spent 1 month in Goa. We like very much!
      Please feel free to give an advices about family holydays in Andaman.
      Travel period will be in december and january

thank you in advance

6 Answers Dec 26, 2011 at 5:01 AM
    • Prasanna_Blr's Profile Photo

Super markets and shopping

Hi,

I will be visiting Port blair from 5th Oct to 12th Oct and staying at Bay Island Hotel.

Would like to know the following, is there any supermarkets near by this hotel to buy provisions. I do not want to carry heavy baggage while on travel, thinking of procuring whatever i need from local market.

thanks.

• lucaltmann's Profile Photo

Flights to Port Blair

This question has been asked previously but upto date information will be really useful. I am hoping to fly from either Kolkata or Chennai to Port Blair just before Christmas returning just after New Year, something like December 22nd to January 2nd. I have checked various sources for flights and cost seem to be in the region of £150 to £200 return including all taxes and charges if I book now from the UK.

My question is should I book now or will I be able to pick up cheaper flights in India, or in fact will the flights be really busy over Christmas and New Year?

thanks

Luc

3 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 2:46 AM
    • Permit length for Andaman Islands.

I appreciate the helpful replies I received in response to my previous question. I am now wondering if anyone knows how long the permits are good for.

Thanks

Dentisto Dave

2 Answers Aug 2, 2008 at 12:03 AM
    • Visiting Andaman Islands

Is it necessary to have a special permit over and above an Indian Visa to visit the Andaman Islands.

Thank you.

Dentisto

5 Answers Nov 27, 2007 at 4:03 AM
    • cherrybug's Profile Photo

Flying to Port Blair

Port Blair Sep 17, 2007 at 8:59 AM

Hi,

We are thinking about flying from Chennai to Port Blair for about 5 days in january. It seems Spicejet offer the cheapest flights though these are still quite expensive.

Are there any cheaper airlines that fly from southern India to Port Blair?
      Can we book flights through their website here in the UK?
      Would it be cheaper to wait until we are in India to book?
      What is the availability of these flights - ie. is it better to book early?

Many thanks,
      Cherry

1 Answer Jan 7, 2008 at 6:15 AM