more
    • veg restaurants

Kolkata (Calcutta) 6 hours ago

which are the nice veg restaurants in kolkatta

more
    • shib's Profile Photo

Goa in August

Goa Yesterday

Planning to visit goa during first or second week of August. Can someone please suggest what activities can be done during this season. Also need suggestion on place to stay.

Regards,
      Shishir

more
    • Nikhilguns1989's Profile Photo

Travelling to India lucknow from Nepal border

Lucknow Jan 21, 2015 at 4:43 PM

What kind of transportation is available from Nepali border Nepalgunj to lucknow what is the charge of transportation and how many hours does it takes ?

more
    • Nikhilguns1989's Profile Photo

Gynecomastia surgery

Lucknow Jan 21, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Best surgen and hospital in lucknow for Gynecomastia surgery

more
    • Things to do.

Goa Jan 12, 2015 at 11:12 PM

I'll be travelling to Goa from 24th till 26th Jan in a group of 6 people.
      Can some one suggest me the best place(s) to stay ?
      Since we're a group of backpackers we are not expecting the place to be glitzy, it should closer to places(bars/restaurants) where locals visit.
      And of course we want to try local Goan curries so please suggest some restaurants as well.
      What we are looking for is a place closest to sea and be more vibrant. I've gone through some blogs recommending Candolim but there are negative reviews as well of the place being chaotic. Any ideas ?

Thanks !

more
    • Is it safe on during Jan 18th 2015 to visit Manali - in reference to rain warning during that time

Manali Jan 12, 2015 at 3:22 AM

I am planning with my wife and 5year old kid during 19th Jan. Read a news report(in chennai) about possible showers during Jan17th. Is it safe? Also is there any travel advisory for tourists nay of you know about against travel during Jan (2015)? Please advice.

more
    • local sight seeing by bus

Kodaikanal Dec 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Can you kindly provide details of tour operators in kodaikanal who usually conducts a full/ half day sight seeing tour by bus and charge around 200-300 per adult

more
    • about disc in mumbai

Mumbai Dec 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I waana know disc playing good trance nd electric music in mumbai nd can allow stags

more
    • friends for goa

Goa Jan 5, 2015 at 4:38 AM

travelling with my 3 friends to goa from 14 jan to 25 jan.
      anyone interested to join us?

more
    • eastrunner's Profile Photo

House Boat Rentals

State of Kerala Jan 15, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Hi there,

We are going to Kerela July for a few days 3 nights, and want to spend a few days in on the backwaters, for a bigger group 12 people, can you please give some 'local' houseboat rental companies. Thanks

Also is this the rainy season?

ER

more
    • beira mar alfran resort baga

Goa Jan 11, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Does anyw know this hotel. If so please let me know what you think. Have heard mixed reviews.

more
    • Houseboat trips from Kochi, kerala

Kochi Jan 17, 2015 at 4:36 AM

Hi. We are three travelers wanting to go on a houseboat trip from Kochi to relax and see the beautiful sights - does anyone have any recomdations recarding this? When and where to order and what to expect! Any suggestions for the duration of the trip? Many thanks in advance!!

more
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Trains and Luggage

India Jan 3, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Is your luggage checked or does it stay with you?
      If checked is it safe?
      What class of train should I consider?
      What train line should I use?

Info
      Traveling from Delhi to Mathura, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Mathura to Agra, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Agra to haridwar, staying 4 nights.

Thanks,

Steve

more

Train Tickets

India Jan 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Should I buy train tickets in advance or on location?

Traveling from Delhi to Mathura, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Mathura to Agra, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Agra to haridwar, staying 4 nights.

Thanks,

Steve

more
    • price rates

Udaipur Jan 19, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Hii.. we are a group of 10 people.. planning out a lunch partyy.. so how much will the lunch cost at lotus cafe and restaurant???

more
    • Cochin to Varkala

Kochi Jan 13, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Hi, i'm wanting to get a taxi or train from Cochin to Varkala. does anyone know the cost of a taxi, or how i would get there by train?

Thanks

more
    • globet's Profile Photo

Chincholi forest and Chandrampalli Dam

Hyderabad Jan 12, 2015 at 4:59 AM

Hello Everyone. I have just joined the site and excited to be here. I stay in Hyderabad and planing to visit a forest called Chincholi and a Dam called Chandrampalli which are very near to Hyderabad. There are many people who have visited the place for trekking and I have not been able to get any more information about the place apart from the trekking point of view.

My questions to the people who have visited the place are -

1. Is there an accommodation available at that place. I don't want to stay in lodges in Gulbarga, the biggest town nearby.
      2. If yes, then is it good enough for a family and kids?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,

more
    • One Day trip to New Delhi

Delhi Jan 10, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Will reach in Delhi in morning at around 9 am and in night take another train for Dehradun at 11.20 pm. We want to cover the local tourist spot in Delhi during our 12 hrs. stay at capital. Please suggest on below

1) Any budget accommodation nearby New Delhi Railway station to keep our bags and fresh up
      2) Suggest local tourist spots in and around New Delhi Railway station which we can cover till 10 pm in evening

3) Also guide us for local transport we can avail for sightseeing (any package ?) and their likely fare.

more
    • Concern and curiosity

India Jan 9, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Hello, so i have a solo trip booked for 21st of january 2015 to india to pursue a program there. With yhe constant bombardment of terro threats and warnings all over the world including india, and not to mention the constant concern of family members. I would like to know what peoples oppinions or knowledge of south indias (kerala) safety level? I know i will have transfers to and from the airport but I really want to know if i ahould be concerned or not?
      Thank you

more
    • Need help in planning Sikkim trip for 3/ 4 full days

State of Sikkim Dec 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hi
      I plan to visit Sikkim in first week of February 2015.

Have 3 or 4 full days to spend in Sikkim.

Can someone help plan out or advise on places I shall visit if I land on Bagdogra airport on say, Feb 5 afternoon 3 pm around. And want to fly back either Feb 9 or Feb 10, afternoon.

Can I visit Gangtok and Pelling in these 3 or 4 days in a relaxed mode or will it be too less time to squeeze everything within such a time frame.

Can't stay beyond Feb 10 at max.

Please advise soon.

Thank You.

more

Where to go?

India Dec 31, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I am arriving in Delhi on March 2nd and staying there for 3 nights. Then down to Agra on the 5th for 2 nights. The Holi-day festival will be on the 6th.

Where is the best location to experience Holi-day, Agra, Mathura or Vrindavan?

Starting the 7th I will have I will have 6 additional nights to spend somewhere. I am looking at Haridwar and Rishikesh. Any suggestions?

Is the train my best option for travel from Agra to Haridwar? What class would you recommend?

Thanks,

Steve

more
    • water purification

Delhi Jan 6, 2015 at 4:57 PM

do I need to bring a water purification system

more
    • Sikkim travel in feb 1st week..

Gangtok Jan 6, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Hi,

I am new to VT and found it quite helpful for traveller's guide. My maiden trip with my wife to N-E of india is coming up in feb 1st week. I am a lot excited and a bit anxious too about it. Based on my info here and there, I have made the following iteneirary. Can somebody please review/suggest upon it.

31st Jan - Saturday:
      We arrive at bagdogra by 4 PM. Considering that Pelling/ Gangtok both will take atleast 5 hrs to reach, I would like to spend that day at bagdogra and relax so that next day we can start early.

1st Feb - Sunday:
      Start very early to reach Pelling by around 11pm. We would like to spend atleast 2 days in Pelling as we hear that the place is quite beautiful and enjoy mountain views.

2nd Feb - Monday:
      Pelling - local sightseeing, basically staying put in Pelling and not travelling much. If need be, do local sight seeing.
      We have booked Elgin Pandim as I read a lot of good reviews about the hotel.

3rd Feb - Tuesday:
      Start to Gangtok after lunch and I think it takes about 4 hrs to reach here. Apply for permits to North sikkim and spend rest of the day in Gangtok.

4th Feb - Wednesday, 5th Feb - Thursday, 6th Feb - Friday, 7th Feb - Saturday:
      Visit North Sikkim to cover Lachen, Lachung, Yumthang, Gurdongmaar Lake(if lucky), and any other places and reach Gangtok by 7th Feb lunch/ early evening time. Can somebody help me to reach out to a good travel company for this. What would be the cost for a couple for 3N/4D trip. I expect decent arrangements interms of hotel - room heaters, geysers , food quality.

In the event of North Sikkim not being accessible, I would like to do Nathula, Tsongmo Lake, Ravangla, Aritar, Katao and some other places that offer variety and nice scenic experiences and hopefully snow too. My wife is expecting snow regions / snow fall of some sort :)

8th Feb - Sunday:
      We have flight to bangalore at 12:30 in afternoon, so we start from gangtok at around 5 AM.

I know Feb is not the ideal month to visit but I like not so crowded periods and at the same time I am not too a adventurist, So I want some words of wisdom incase some local persons insist that N.Sikkim is still doable. I have been to Ladakh 2 times and have seen 0 degree temperatures but this is first time with wife, so i want it to be a pleasant and memorable with very little risk/adventure.

more
    • Mobile Phone & Travel Adaptors

India Jan 14, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Hi.
      It's been a long wait but I'll finally be in India in 2 weeks.
      I will be staying in Delhi for a month then I will be travelling south for 2 weeks.
      I have a iPhone 4S with Vodafone here in Australia; Vodafone advised that I can use my phone in India by keeping my monthly plan plus additional costs for calls made in India. The call rates will be AUD$1 per minute for incoming and outgoing calls and 75c for texts (texts received are free). Once I get settled in Delhi, is it a cheaper option to buy a local SIM card?

Also, I have been told that India experiences frequently power outages. Should I purchase a surge protected power adaptor for my Australian appliances? Does anyone have any recommended brands for Australia/India adaptors?

Thank-you!!
      -Max

more

Popular Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Travel Answer Locations

• Trip to andaman for a week will a 11 month kid

Port Blair Aug 17, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Hello there.

We are planning for a trip to Andaman for a week in the end of February. My kid who will be 11 months old then, would be traveling with us. I have already booked for the vacation but now I am unsure if it is safe for my 11 month old.
      We live in the mountain region of India, where weather is very pleasant all round the year.
      If it is safe for my kind, please suggest type of clothing's and all other stuffs that I need to carry for my kid.

Please advice.

3 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 12:58 AM
    • vivekkumartiwari's Profile Photo

Is Port blair expansive to stay long

Port Blair Aug 5, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Hi there..
      This is Vik. I want to travel Port Blair for long time. Friends can you suggest me how it costs to live economically...?
      Your comments are vital for me..
      Thanks my friends. Have a nice and safe travel life :-)

2 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 12:58 AM
    • weather in June in Port blair

Port Blair May 31, 2014 at 11:00 AM

How is weather in June in Port blair?Shud i carry umbrella?

3 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 1:53 AM
    • What all do I need to carry for trip in May end

Hi, I have taken a family tour for port blair and havelock for the last week of May. Can any body just help me out by telling what all do i need to take with me specially for water sports and climate conditions.
      Is this the good time to visit.

3 Answers May 14, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    • is april and may right time to travel to andaman

i want to visit andaman this month end or in may , is the weather good enough to travel these time?

2 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    • Help with planning a trip to Andamans

We are a family of four, planning a trip to Andamans in end-June-early July. I would appreciate advice with the following issues:

1. Is this a good time to travel there? If not, what's the best time?
      2. What's the shortest distance if one decides to take a ferry, from Chennai or Kanyakumari?
      3. Can one try/learn scuba diving if one doesn't know swimming? Would you recommend any particular company? and, island?

Please help! Much thanks, Navnita

4 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    • draveshia's Profile Photo

august in andaman

going in august for 5 days
      is a good weather
      can do water sports then
      where to go and where to stay

2 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • Package deal from makemytrip.com

I found this package today. Is it worth the price of about 10000 INR? Can I get anything cheaper?

fph.makemytrip.com/site/fph/...

9 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • Andaman Islands

I am planning to visit the islands of Andaman and Nicobar. Is it worth staying there for more than a day? Read the wikitravel pages, and there seems to be very little to see. I am not into snorkeling or scuba diving.

5 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    • jamaluddinsm's Profile Photo

Andaman visit permit

Hi friends,
      So far I know those coming to Port Blair airport by a flight receives permit (for non-Indians) after arrival to P. Blair but what about the travelers coming at harbour by ship ? Can it be issued there at harbour or from Kolkata shipping office or at very beginning during visa process ?

6 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    • jamaluddinsm's Profile Photo

Travelling Andaman by ship from Kolkata

Hi,
      I'm planning to make a trip to Andaman with a group of 2 families having 2 kids in each(age 5 and 12 yrs) . Would anybody pl help me give some ideas answering the following questions-
      1. How feasible it would be to have a ship journey from Kolkata to Andaman with kids of this age ?.
      2. If I want to return back by flight (one way), would I be able to get the air tickets (of 8 persons) from Port Blair to Kolkata on the spot without any advance booking ?
      3. On which month there are less travelers in Andaman, when the hotel rooms are available without prior booking and rates are cheaper.
      4. Can you give me an idea of the flight rates from Port Blair to Kolkata and vice versa ?
      Hi, I am looking forward to have the reply and if anybody expert on Andaman travel contact me to my personal e-mail address at jamaluddinsm@gmail.com as a friend

11 Answers May 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    • house for eleven people

Port Blair Jan 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Hi

I'm looking to rent a house (or two or three appartmants) for 11 adults from 15th to 22nd of February on Havelock Island or anywhere else near the beach.

Kind regards, Robin

• Trip in march

Weather of Andaman and nicobar in march,
      suggestion for clothes,
      hotels, resorts
      Food

2 Answers Dec 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    • light n sound show in english at port blair

Port Blair May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

is the light n sound show in english conducted all days ( other thn monday) or only on wed n fri............and what are the timings for this show pl

1 Answer May 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    • light n sound show in english at port blair

Port Blair May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

is the light n sound show in english conducted all days ( other thn monday) or only on wed n fri............and what are the timings for this show pl

2 Answers May 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    • can we pick up own snorkeling kit somewhere

Port Blair May 2, 2012 at 7:03 AM

we are a family of 4 spending a week in port blair/ havelock and someone suggested it will be a good idea to have own basic kit for r snorkeling.... wonder what all it involves and where can one pick up these items.... any suggestions?????

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • help me plan trip to andamans in may

Port Blair Apr 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hello , we are a family of 4 , planning this trip from 7th to 15th May ………. I have planned the itinerary with help of web research and… I know it will be raining …… will be grateful if someone can help me with practical suggestions to fine tune the programme

DAY 1 ( 8th May, Monday) reach by morn flight and in the AN/ evening go to Corbyn's Cove
      Kindly suggestions > good taxi service in port blair ?
      DAY 2/3/4 ( Tues - Thurs) Havelock Island
      we plan to catch the 6 am ferry ………. accomodoation fixed in Dolphin resort………..we are interested in scuba diving exposure for the boys
      Your suggestions >
      1 transport for this early morning ferry……are point to point cabs available early in the morning
      2 . hows food in dolphin and good eating places in Havelock island (sea food)
      3 whats a good transport option in Havelock
      4 should we also go for snorkeling here ..
      5 good diving outfits ….. being off season we hope to get some discount on the advt tariff
      DAY 5 Chaitham saw mill and cellular jail , finshing with show in evening
      Your suggestions >
      1 which are good eating places in port blai
      2 what are transport options incl hiring of scooters and from where
      DAY 6 Wandoor ….. we want to do snorkeling
      Your suggestions >
      1 is Jolly Buoy now open…. Whats best way to go to jolly buoy , if its open and worth visiting.
      2 what about red skin island
      3 heard somewhere that when you go to these places , there aint enough snorkeling kit so can this be hired from somewhere
      DAY 7 BARATANG AND JAWRA RESERVE
      Your suggestions >
      1 whats the driving time … 2.30 h 0r 4.30 hrs
      2 has the jawra reserve been relocated and is it worth going there?
      DAY 8 Your suggestions > about
      North Bay (Coral Island) - to see coral reefs and Chidiya Tapu
      Is there any other place that we have missed out

5 Answers May 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    • Andaman Trip In May

Hello,

Myself and wife want to visit Andaman in May to celebrate our anniversary. We want a nice recommendation for hotel and places so below questions so far:

1> Weather during May

If it is raining then I would prefer a really nice hotel recommendation - 4 stars or similar
      If not then a convenient nice hotel would be good. 3 star or even lower

2> We are flexible in dates maybe 7 days. So should teh split be 5 days port blair, 2 days Havelock as most sites and packages are offering

3> Hotel recommendations in both places to book online

4> Travel within the islands - is it simple to arrange once there or booking a package is important?

Appreciate the help. We like becah side hotels if the weather is going to be sunny.

appreciate any help.

Kiran

1 Answer May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • Planning a visit

I am planning a visit to this beautiful island from Chennai. want to know the ship fare details and accomodation facilities.

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • Kyle-Taiwan's Profile Photo

Some questions about getting to Andaman Island

I guess the first and most important thing is if the permit is still available on arrival? I am a lone male Canadian traveler wanting to go there during Chinese new year. Will i be able to get eth permit on arrive at the airport there or should it be arranged ahead of time? if can get it there, is there a delay period or same day?

I am also having trouble finding flights to this island. I Have been checking sites like http://www.flykingfisher.com/ but so far not having luck, makes em think i am getting the destination name wrong.

I am traveling from Taiwan and probabyl going to go to Kuala Lumpur as its the cheapest flight from here that can then go to many places. Not many cheap flights direct from Taiwan this time of year. But I am assuming that there are still only direct flights form India to these islands, right?

My maximum travel time form leaving and returning to Taiwan is Jan 21-29, so pretty short. My reason for going here is to photograph the plants and animals, especially geckos.

Thanks a lot for any current info :)

3 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    • Vladek65's Profile Photo

Budget Hotels on Havelock Island

I will visit A&N on November. Could you reccomend me any budget hotel on Haveloc Island?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM
    • Andaman activities

Hi!!!

Did anyone have been to Andaman Islands?? I want to know what all are the activities and the adventurous sports in Andaman that can be availed by us. And also suggest me the sightseeing option around the island and the reasonably prized packages for the same.

Thanx 

2 Answers May 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    • moomoogirl's Profile Photo

Port Blair TIPS

Port Blair Dec 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Hi there,

We are traveling to Port Blair in January 2011 on a Cruise Ship.
      We have only 1 day in this elusive port. I have done numerous searches on this port but have not found much information. Can anyone tell me if there are markets to shop at,restaurants,is money exchange easy to access, what money they do accept? (we are Aussie)and any other hints you may be able to share with us, I would be gratefully appreciative.
      Thanks in advance
      Stephanie.

2 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Port Blair

Port Blair Nov 23, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hi! VTers! Need help re visit to Port Blair this NYear. Any suggestion or tips welcome. Perhaps, I didn't search VT thoroughly but found the postings scanty. Any *must read* book or brochure or pamphlet? Thank u all, in advance!

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • dinesh325's Profile Photo

Anyone Goes to Andaman Islands

Hi IS anyone has gone to andaman islands or nicorba islands.pls let me know information...Air travel and visa etc....

PLs
      DD

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • june

How are the islands in June in terms of weather

2 Answers Apr 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    • is april a good time to visit andaman?

m planning on andaman as a destination to visit with my hubby.
      but the trip been planned in april.
      have been wanting to visit andaman for long time
      is april a good time o visit andaman?
      will one be able to enjoy all benefits tat the island offers ?

i have heard island quite hot during april..

thanks
      regards
      sumedha

3 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 2:49 AM
    • gaechka's Profile Photo

Havelock island, Eco Villa Palm beach resort. Any reference?

Hello, we have reserved a cotage at Eco Villa Palm beach resort for 7 days in Havelock island. Also stuf proposed to pick up from airport Port Böair and orange ferry tickets for us. Its sounds very nice! isn't it?

Please give to us a reference about Eco Villa if any one have been there or passed via?

We are a couple with child.
      thank you in advance,

Caline, Eric and little Gael

any inf about "Island Camping " in Havelok island on Andaman?

Hi everyone,
      We are searching for accomodation on the Readha Nagar Beach #7 on the Havelok island of Andaman
      In Lonely planet book i finded only Island Camping and Barefoot resot. Resot is luxureos so its not our style ;-) But what do you know about "Island Camping "??? any an other solutions?

Thanks in advance,
      Caline

2 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Andaman-is good place to stay for family with child?

hello, we are a family with child of 3 y.o. will fly to India (Delhi) we would like to spend 2 weeks to see Agra and Varanasi and later stay on the beach.
      1 years ago we spent 1 month in Goa. We like very much!
      Please feel free to give an advices about family holydays in Andaman.
      Travel period will be in december and january

thank you in advance

6 Answers Dec 26, 2011 at 5:01 AM