Unawatuna Travel Answers

change location

curious about Sri Gemunu hotel in Unawatuna

by JanetGolden Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 8:03 AM

There are no reviews to read and I'm very skeptical about this place. Can you give me any feedback on Sri Gemunu? Is the air-con working? how is the beach in front? Is there really a reef to snorkel around there? Is the food decent?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Maxus's Profile Photo

Re: curious about Sri Gemunu hotel in Unawatuna

by Maxus Online Now Apr 1, 2008 at 8:38 AM

There’s no need to be sceptical, it’s a good place, it’s somewhere between a large guesthouse and a smallish beach hotel. There may not be so many reviews because they don’t get the package tour people, it’s more popular with independent travels (including regulars) lot’s of German people here this year, the owners have connections in Germany (same as everyone along this coast.

I can’t swear that the AC is working (but it was in January) not all the rooms have it. There are some economy rooms which have a fan. The beach at Unawatuna is generally good, the beach here is ok. There are indeed corals, the outer reef makes the sea beautifully calm for swimming (I was here January, it might not be so perfect during the Western Monsoon). The food is bang on (if you like fish) and the service is less formal than some of the bigger places.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: curious about Sri Gemunu hotel in Unawatuna

by sritra Online Now Jul 17, 2008 at 2:51 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines