Unawatuna Travel Answers

change location

Weather in May

by Sanpri Online Now May 15, 2004 at 7:31 AM

Hi there, My boyfriend and i were thinking of heading down to Mirissa and Unawatuna for a few weeks in the sun, at the end of May.....is it still possible to get down there or has everyone packed up for the end of the season? Whats the weather like at this time of year? (May 18th-beginning of June) And if these beaches are off peak, can you recommend some beaches on the East coast (not Arugam Bay and Trincomalee) Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in May

by Nilanka Online Now May 16, 2004 at 6:24 AM

Hello, It will still be possible for you to get some sunny days in Unawatuna. However, it is off season and not too many places will be open. The weather is alright but not good by Sri Lankan standards. You should expect some rain but plenty of sunny days as well. The only two beaches available on the east coast are Trinco and Arugam Bay. The others are not yet safe for travel. Do let me know if you require anything organized. nilankap@sltnet.lk Cheers, Nilanka

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Weather in May

by pierre112 Online Now May 23, 2004 at 12:07 PM

hi u shld be able to find some sunny days anyway..it is off season but by end of june its season again..yet there shld be quite a few ppl there anyway.. hikkaduwa which is close would be a possible beach as well... gd luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines