Travel Answers
Unalaska Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to the northern most point in Barrow.

Barrow May 20, 2015 at 10:23 AM

It looks like the northern most point on the road (a badly weathered sign frame sits at the end of the road) is about 10 miles away from the airport. If I go in July can I walk there? I heard taxis are sketchy at best. Rental cars are nearly impossible to get. I've already inquired into 2016 with few available. I guess my only concern besides weather would be wildlife? If anyone could shed any light on this is,it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Ron

more
    • Sampel of 10 days RV trip in interior area

Alaska May 15, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Hello...can anyone shares sample of 10 days trip with RV in interior area starting from Anchorage? Including stops and recommended RV park. We are family of 5 will traveling from 14 to 14 June 2015.

Thank you
      Paulina (Indonesia)

more
    • nashrulhazran's Profile Photo

8 days in Anchorage

Alaska May 26, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Hi All,

i will be in Anchorage from July 14 until July 21 2015 for a vacation but until now i still cant decide what is the best i should do while im there. i really appreciate if anyone can suggest to me a tentative that i can do during my 8 days in there.

thanks.

more
    • Restaurant

Barrow May 4, 2015 at 5:42 PM

What is the Mexican take-out restaurant called, next to the Top of the World Hotel?

more
    • Booking ahead or not?

Alaska May 19, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Hey all,
      I will be traveling in Alaska in late July - early September, and plan on hiking and backpacking. No fancy hotels or luxurious cruises.
      I have traveled before, and prefer never to book hostels/parks ahead. I like to just get somewhere, and stay there as much as I want.
      But after reading a bit about Alaska, I wonder if it's better to stick to a strict plan and book everything ahead, or is it possible to just go with the flow and maybe even get some last minute deals?
      Thanks

more