change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelightly's Profile Photo

Month long residence

Chiang Mai Dec 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I'm looking to stay in Chiang Mai for a month in January and would like a large room with the ability to at least have a rice cooker and refrigerator. Nothing fancy. Prefer $250-$400 for the month. Any suggestions? Also, if there's any chance somebody knows, is it possible to have small packages of nutritional supplements sent to Chiang Mai? Will they be approved by Customs in Thailand. Are duty charges exorbitant? Thanks for any help.

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Mahanaga Restaurant at Mae Ping

Chiang Mai Dec 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I read that this restaurant had closed down. Is it true? Would like to go for a drink at least...

more

Good time to ride Segway in the city?

Chiang Mai Dec 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM

We (2 pax) plan to take the Segway Tour on Sunday (10th Jan) but are not sure which time is better?
      1. 13:00-16:00 (3 hours)
      2. 16:00-18:00 (2 hours)
      Issues under consideration are traffic and especially, temperature..

It'll be good to do the 3 hours after lunch then hang around until the night market starts around 17:30 but I'm worried it will be quite warm at that time. Thus, is it better if we take the 16:00 2 hours slot? Would it be cooler? I checked axact date for Jan 2014 and it topped at 33'C!! I don't like heat much :))

Tq, Mel

more

Mobile Coverage for Car Navigation in Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai Dec 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I'll be renting car from Avis and driving from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai in January. Will require GPS or Google Maps to visit these places:

Le Meridien Chiang Rai
      Wat Rong Khun
      Wat Phra Keow
      Baan Si Dam (พิพิธภัณฑ์บ้านดำ)
      Chivit Thammada Cafe
      Chiang Rai Clock Tower
      Haad Chiang Rai (หาดเชียงราย)

Avis rents out Garmin but I know that Garmin is quite lacking when it comes to destinations.
      I can buy the Thai SIM card with Data Plan in order to use Google Maps (I already found and saved all the above locations in "My Maps" inside the Google Maps of my iPhone. The thing is, which service provider is the best for Coverage up in Chiang Rai? I don't want to go up there to only find out there is no coverage. Thus, can't use the navigation. We would be hopelessly lost!!

more
    • merece la pena los elegantes la tribu y dormir alli

by yarely Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Hola, viajo a tai solo 12 dias, ¿Merece la pena el paseo en elefante( los maltrata?), las tribus son autenticas? y dormir allí

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

How dangerous is it to get to Umphang ?

by soundchaseruk Online Now Jan 7, 2011 at 5:29 AM

I have read my Rough guide and see comments on Youtube videos that the road to Umphang is pretty dangerous, although spectacular.

I am going mid May so is it a safe journet to make ?

The area certainly looks well of the main tourist tracks which appeals to me.

3 Answers Jan 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    • Thi Lo Su Falls GPS coordinates

by bkkmike Online Now Nov 6, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Can you please post or send me the GPS coordinates (lattidtude and longitude) for the area of the falls?

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Trecking tours to Thi Lo Su waterfall

by christine.j Online Now Feb 6, 2006 at 9:14 AM

And another question, there might be even more to come.
      My son was looking for trecking tours to the Thi Lo Su waterfall, but the only ones he found were 10 day tours. He won't have enough time for this. Are there any trecking tours to the waterfall and the Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary that are only 3 or 4 days?
      Can he book these tours in Umphang?
      The tours he read about consisted of trecking for a short distance, then relaxing for several hours. Are these tours so exhausting that you need to relax after one or two miles?
      Once again, I'd appreciate any information. Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 12, 2007 at 10:36 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

From Ayutthaya to Umphang: What's the best way to get there?

by christine.j Online Now Feb 6, 2006 at 9:07 AM

Coming from Bangkok via Ayutthaya, what is the best way to get to Umphang? Do you have to go Mae Sot? I'm asking for my who is studying for his exams,but will be leaving for Asia immediately afterwards. He plans to be in Thailand in the second part of March and would like to go on a trecking tour from Umphang to the Thi Lo Su waterfall.Is there a direct train or bus to Umphang?
      Thank you for any information.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2006 at 9:07 AM
    • Trekking with kids

by jbslc Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 11:32 PM

I will traveling with my family to Thailand in June and am trying to select the best trekking location. We would like to get off the beaten track a bit but will be traveling with our kids ages 6&8. They are good travelers and pretty good hikers but we are concerned that perhaps Umphang is too difficult. Any input? Thanks.

• namhsan's Profile Photo

Trecking

by namhsan Online Now Jun 28, 2004 at 2:05 AM

We are looking for a 4 day treck in Umphang. Does anybody has some recomendations? Is it better to organize the treck vom Mae Sot or directly in Umphang?

2 Answers Jul 2, 2004 at 11:14 AM