change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tracyskf's Profile Photo

Dead Sea & Wadi Mujib

Jordan Nov 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I am slightly confused of the location of Wadi Mujib Reserve - is it different from Wadi al Mujib?

Questions on the Wadi Mujib Reserve:
      - is it near the stretch of resorts?
      - if I would just like to hike the first 30 (min) to get to some viewpoint without getting into the gorge and water is that possible? (Prefer to stay dry)
      - is there an entrance fee?
      I am aware there is an official site, but I find it lacking information on day trip there.

Hope someone can advice. Thanks!

more
    • butterpaws10's Profile Photo

Female traveling solo in December, for five days- itinerary suggestion?

Jordan Yesterday

Hi there,

I plan to visit Jordan from Dubai after X'mas, and would like to get suggestions for how to organize a five day itinerary. I'm interested in a mix of biblical and classical, and do not intend to spend any time in Amman at all.

Here are the places I have in mind:

Jerash
      Madaba
      Mount Nebo
      Baptism site
      Petra
      Wadi Rum- I'd love to spend a night in the desert!

Are these places do-able on a five day trip?

Can anyone suggest driver/guide or tour company I can contact for details?

Thanks!

more
    • Transportation - anyone in Jordan in December 2014?

Jordan Nov 13, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hello VirtualTourists,
      my friend and i are going to jordan on december 2014 - we plan to see the following sights: amman, karak, petra, dead sea, back to amman.

What is the situation like for transportation? is public transportation ok? I mean, are there long distance busses like in every other country?

thanks for the help and advice,
      jasmin

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

13 days in Jordan (recommend places please)

Jordan Nov 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM

I have the following plan and questions:
      (Day 1) arrive Amman; (2) Madaba→Mt. Nebo→The Dead Sea (overnight); (3) Dear Sea to Petra; (4-6) Petra; (7-8) Wadi Rum; (9) Wadi Rum to Amman; (10) Amman to Jerash; (11) Amman to Kerak Castle; (12-13) Amman (mid-night plane)

1. Most people take the King’s Highway from Amman to Petra, enroute Madaba, Mt Nebo, Dead Sea. If I want to spend a night at Dead Sea, is there other transport available as it seems that keeping a taxi driver to stay a night there is expensive.
      2. Is day tour to Jerash/Kerak Castle possible? I wish to know if Amman can be the base.
      3. If just choose between Jerash/Kerak Castle, which one is more worthy?
      4. Any other places I can add on top of the above, if the transportation is not too costy?
      Thank you!

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Wadi Rum + Dead Sea: Feb or Nov

Jordan Nov 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I would like to know if Feb is a silly choice to staying over night in Wadi Rum and floating on Dead Sea? Would Nov make it a better season? thanks.

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

From Amman to Jerusalem

Jordan Nov 16, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Hello I wish to check how to go from Amman to Jerusalem. Would someone know:
      1. There is no charge of departure for same day arrival and departure to/from Jordan?
      2. Only the North Border (Sheikh Hussein Crossing Border) opens year round and 24 hours.
      3. What are the charges of departure for North Border/King Hussein Bridge/South Border?
      4. How much does it take from Amman airport to North Border by taxi? How long does it take?
      5. If I finish Petra and Wadi Rum, I should take the South Border and go to Jerusalem? Or should I go back Amman first and take the North Border? Or the hotel/tour agency can help arrange the transport for me to go to nearby border?
      Thank you.

more