change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Airport currency?

Abu Dhabi May 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Hi,
      Have a change of planes with approx. 3 hour timescale - do I need local currency to buy a coffee?
      or do they accept cards?

Thanks,

Bob

more
    • Concerns about moving to UAE

Dubai May 18, 2015 at 10:09 PM

I am considering applying for jobs in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I have been to UAE on holiday before but living in another country is a different experience. I am a white female and plan to travel to the UAE without my husband for the first 3 months.

1. How can I ensure my safety when I get there?

2. I have heard horror stories about people being promised amazing jobs and then they arrive and either things are a nightmare immediately or things get bad once they take your passport & visa from you. What can I do to ensure that doesn't happen? I am applying for executive positions in corporate organizations.

3. When looking for accommodation, what are the best resources? What areas in Dubai and Abu Dhabi should I avoid living in?

4. I know that the UAE has many venomous spiders and snakes. I know there are sea snakes in the water and warnings about snakes on the beaches, but how common is the occurrence of seeing a snake in day to day life in the city and most importantly in your home?

Thanks,
      M

more
    • Parking Near Dubai Marina

Dubai May 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hi,

I am staying in Mesk Tower in Dubai Marina. Unfortunately I don't have a parking spot in the building is there somewhere nearby I can park for free or a very low rate?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
      Joe

more
    • visit Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi May 5, 2015 at 3:17 PM

is it opened on friday afternoon

more
    • 8 Hour Layover in Dubai Airport Terminal 2??

Dubai May 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Hey Guys,
      I was hoping for a reality check on Terminal 2. My initial flight into Dubai Airport, I immediately got put on a shuttle from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 for my Delta connection. This time i've got a 8 Hour layover in Dubai for by 4am flight to Kabul. My question is should I spend the night in Terminal 1, and got to Terminal 2 around 2am, or should I go immediately over there? I've heard that terminal 2 is the black sheep of Dubai Airport. Poor amenities, and very difficult to transfer over to. How difficult is it going to be to find a shuttle or even taxi and 2am?

Thanks!

BTW: I've got one check-in bag, but i was told by Delta that it would transfer all the way to Kabul.

Josh

more
    • Exchange rate

Dubai May 8, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Hi, just wondering would I get a better exchange rate if I exchange my pounds here in England or on holiday in dubia.
      Thanks

more
    • Men's Attire

Abu Dhabi Apr 30, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I will be visiting Abu Dhabi for the first time staying 1 week, playing some golf and getting around to see some places as well as go to Dubai for the day and wanted to make sure I was prepared upon arriving appropriate attire that is exceptionable to wear considering I look like a drenched wash cloth in hot weather.
      Golfing attire I hope I am capable to wear shorts and nice button up. Anyone have recommendations.

more
    • JasicaYeoh's Profile Photo

taxi - can I get an estimated cost of taxi fare from the Airport to The Address @ Dubai Mall?

Dubai Apr 28, 2015 at 8:09 PM

can I get an estimated cost of taxi fare from the Airport to The Address @ Dubai Mall?

more
    • OliviaPRibeiro's Profile Photo

GETTING AROUND - HELP!

Abu Dhabi Apr 29, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are going to Abu Dhabi for a day. We want to visit the main attractions but in a low budget way, since we are backpackers. So, how people usually get around Abu Dhabi?
      What is it best: get a taxi (or even public transportation.. still dont know if it has it) or get a one day tour?

Thanks!

more
    • Underage applying for visa. purpose: conference

Dubai Apr 29, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Hi, I am really facing this dilemma. I am going to join an international conference and be a paper presenter but I am still 20 years old Filipino citizen. I will be traveling alone. Any advices? :( Pls help

more
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

Dubai in July

Dubai May 3, 2015 at 5:44 PM

My wife and I will be in Dubai for 3 days in early July. As it will be super hot any tips on what to do / how to sight see without melting?

more
    • Lillian90's Profile Photo

Food in Dubai airport

Dubai May 13, 2015 at 3:14 AM

Hello!
      I am travelling to Australia today via Dubai airport and I have about 4 hours there. I have been through Dubai airport a few times before but I never seem to be able to find anything nice and fresh to eat. Does anyone have any recommendations were to find something's that's fresh, like fruits or a good salad in the airport without the prices being through the roof?

And on a side note, does anyone know were to find Wifi in the airport? That's always a trouble for me too :)

Thanks!
      Lillian

more

Popular Umm al Qaywayn Travel Answer Locations