Uluwatu Travel Answers

change location

What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach?

by mikesurf Online Now Apr 10, 2004 at 2:58 PM

What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach, and what is their contact information? The hotel that I am looking for is not the Intercontinental Hotel. I am looking for the hotel next to the Blue Point Resort, and it overlooks the Uluwatu surfing beach.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • goldcoaster's Profile Photo

Re: What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach?

by goldcoaster Online Now Apr 13, 2004 at 6:55 PM

Hi Mike. Try asking the same q on www.balitravelforum.com They seem to be a pretty clued up bunch.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • paula_p's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach?

by paula_p Online Now Apr 2, 2005 at 11:04 PM

if you are asking about dreamland surfing beach - i believe the name is eric's. we just stayed there and i don't recommend it. it's beautiful, no question about that, but they tried to rip us off. we took the very top room for 200,000 rupiah. the bottom 2 (that are connected) some aussies had it for 200,000 as well. when they left, we asked to move and eric was trying to charge us 400,000 rupiah. also, on friday night, they turned off all the power at 9pm and wouldn't even put the lights on for us to get up to our room... the level of service was terrible. too bad really - for such an amazing view and amazing place to sleep... but that is all it has going for it.

hope that helps.

• global-tim's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach?

by global-tim Online Now Jun 1, 2005 at 4:17 PM

We tried to stay there but it was booked up, the power off thing is not just that hotel, its all of them as they all generate there own electricity. Cant remember the name though... sorry.

• paula_p's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach?

by paula_p Online Now Jul 15, 2005 at 10:33 AM

Sorry I have taken so long to get back to you... I'm not sure of the name either, but I would love to find out. I have pics, but no name! You are right, the beach does shut down rather early, but this place had a generator and had the option of keeping it on all night if they so chose. My problem was when asked at 8-9ish on a Friday night to turn it on (the rest of the beach was still lit up) so we could enjoy a few hours, they refused. There were no other guests staying except our group and the lady was just too lazy (she was sleeping on the couch!), that was just rude in our opinion.

Anyway, if you find the name, I would appreciate it if you could pass it along. Also, if you want to see pics, let me know...

P

• RE: What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach?

by garciaheather Online Now Aug 5, 2005 at 8:29 PM

If it is Eric's bungalow it really is a very beautiful place. The people that work there are very friendly, and yes at times the lights would be off early but it's understandable since most of the time the employees sleep on the couches downstairs after long days of working on the beach. I made friends with every staff member including Eric who was also very friendly. Anyhow Eric's bungalow is the highest point on Dreamland so the view is amazing. I was there only a week 1/2 ago and miss it dearly. Till next year!

• raudia's Profile Photo

RE: What is the name of the hotel overlooking the Uluwatu surfing beach?

by raudia Online Now Nov 17, 2006 at 12:50 PM

Hi, are you looking for puri uluwatu hotel? its right on the cliff, on the other side of blue point. The one that has direct access to the beach?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Uluwatu