Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• eating places

Robe Yesterday

Whatis the best places for dining with the family. What's the best fish and chips place in robe.

more
    • wet weather ideas

Lorne Apr 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM

anyone got any suggestions for wet weather activities with kids in Lorne

more
    • bobpayne99's Profile Photo

Food supplies

Northampton Apr 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM

What stores (Groceries and Butchers) are available in Northampton? Looking at staying a week at Horrocks and keen to see where I can get supplies.

more
    • Moving to New Zealand

Sydney Apr 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi All,
      I am working in a MNC, now moving to New Zealand, so guys please guide me to make my moving task easy. and suggest me a sydney based international removalists which can move my stuff safe and can give timely delivery.

more
    • Best Excess Baggage Courier ?

Sydney Apr 1, 2014 at 3:16 AM

Hello Guys,
      want to send excess baggage from Australia to India via cargo . please share the experienced and cheap courier and shipment services detail .

more
    • What places do you recommend taking tourist in Winter my family are coming over in July.

Perth Mar 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

What places do you recommend taking tourist in Winter my family are coming over in
      July.

more
    • Leeman Western Australia

Leeman Mar 26, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Does anyone know what days and times do the crayboats come in and allow people to buy crayfish off the back of their boats?
      Thanks

more
    • kroy1811's Profile Photo

Photography Tour Melbourne

Melbourne Apr 12, 2014 at 2:36 AM

We will be travelling to Melbourne in May 2014 and would like to take on a photography tours to the Great Ocean Road, 12 Apostles.

Can anyone recommend a good one ?

Thanks

Wasti

more
    • kid friendly things to do

Tuross Heads Apr 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM

kid friendly things to do in and around tuross heads - 9 yr old boy in particular

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Restaurant in Canberra with kids

Canberra Apr 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Hi! Going to Canberra next Monday and would like some recommendations for somewhere good to eat...minimum of 4 adults and 6 kids (max up to about 8 adults and 11 kids if everyone can make it). Would love somewhere with a playroom of some sorts. Preferably in the Belconnen area. Thanks in advance! :)

more
    • Tourist visa

Australia Apr 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hello VT members, I am from India and traveled Asian countries only. Now I want to apply for Tourist visa for Australia. This time I and 2 of my friends wants to apply. Agents are really charging very high fee for tourist visa. We can use that fee amount for our air-ticket if we can get our visa our self.

I check Immi.gov.au and gone through check list for subclass 600.

Please let me know if subclass 600 is right visa for me as I want to travel for 2 week. Should I apply for
      visa with my friends together and mention in file out them or we have to apply separately. how to get itinerary
      before getting visa, as if we are booking tickets and hotel then in case visa rejection we ll have great loss.

I am married and have wife and two kinds they are not accompanying me same is with my friends, they are also going alone. Please help to get visa so that we can have good holiday in AUSTRALIA.

more
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • bus phone number

Hamilton Island Apr 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Hi

What is the phone number for us getting a bus from hamilton island airport to the marina

Regards

Michele

more
    • Living in Port Douglas

Port Douglas Apr 18, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Hi, there is a possibility myself and my family will be moving to Port Douglas. I will start by saying it looks stunningly beautiful there. My concern is the wildlife - crocodiles, snakes etc? May sound far fetched - sorry, but where I will be coming from we have no crocodiles, tree snakes etc. Can I expect to see a lot of crocodiles, snakes, frogs etc? and will I see any or many in my house / yard?

more
    • airport shuttles

Bunbury Apr 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM

hi, are there any airport shuttles from perth airport to bunbury, im having difficulty locating one

more
    • Toilets & eating houses

Nimbin Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

What are the public toilet facilities like in town, are there plenty of places to eat, I'm bringing 20 old ladies there this week?

more
    • Looking for a place to crash in once we arrive!

Melbourne Apr 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are a young married couple, just got granted the PR, and we will be arriving to Melbourne on the 28th 05:30 am , anyone has any idea where can we stay easily without moving too much with our luggage?

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Travel options from the airport to Mercure Hotel in Albert Park

Melbourne Apr 16, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I need a cheap solution to travel from the airport to the Mercure Hotel in Albert Park. My work pays for conference attendance but I need to fork out the travel expenses. thanks

more
    • should i overnight at phillip island?

Melbourne Mar 31, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hi,
      I'm coming to melbourne this june.
      I will stay a night at Lorne after a day on GOR.
      The next day, I'm planning to take a ferry to Mornington and drive to Phillip Island.
      Hoping to catch the penguin parade. My question is, should I spend a night at Phillip Island or is there a nice place to stay nearby as the accomodation cost is quite high?

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Buying US$ in Australia

Australia Apr 16, 2014 at 12:25 AM

going to Bali and they recommend Visa is paid in US$.
      1. has anyone paid I another currency? is it that much of a drama to pay in AUD?
      2. where can I get US$ in Aussie land without paying ridiculous exchange rate and fees?
      Last time I did it at the Airport ATM and US$100 cost AUD$120 and that was when it was $1 for $1 exchange rate.
      cross my fingers for a cheap solution.

more
    • most popular area to stay

Melbourne Apr 15, 2014 at 7:09 AM

which is the most popular area to stay as we are planing to come for 4 days

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

more
    • i would like to know more about macchu picchu.

Australia Mar 31, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Hi guys, my name is toshi, i am from japan and Just starting to plan a potential MP trip in May this year. We would fly in to Cuzcu thru Lima, and then would like to take the train to get to MP (already checked Inca Rail which is available).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how many days to spend in MP before taking the train back? Also how long does it take to hike up to the top? We don't want to hike down the trail (which is why we are taking the train), but what is the remaining route to reach MP?

Thanks for the help in advance!

more
    • Suggestions for returning to Canada?

Australia Apr 10, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I've been traveling Australia on a working holiday visa since September 2013. I've seen most of the things I had planned to and I had an amazing time, but I think I may be ready to move on to somewhere new. For the past few months I've basically been working a crappy job with just enough to get me by, and the registration on my car is about to run out. I don't think it is worth it to spend any more money on it as I don't know how much longer I will be around here.

Originally I was planning to go back to Canada some time between July and August, but now I'm thinking I might do it sooner as I haven't really been doing anything interesting lately. I don't really have a time frame, but I recently came up with the idea to travel to some other places on the way home. I have a very low budget - basically next to nothing, but If I can save up enough money for a flight to say.. Thailand?.. then I could travel, work for a bit, travel, work, etc. and just work my way back to Canada, rather than just fly straight back home. Does anyone have any suggestions for cheap traveling, and possibly some suggestions for jobs as a backpacker? I realize it is next to impossible to do this without money, but I'm sure it has been done before. Probably not the most realistic idea but I'd like to see more of the world before I go home and get back to every day life.

A little about myself:

• I'm a 23 year old male, single, open to anything really.

• I love learning about new cultures and I don't mind doing some hard work for accommodation.

• I don't particularly need to be back in Canada at any certain time, but I would like to be back for Christmas.

• Next to no money, but if I save for a few weeks I could maybe come up with 1000 dollars or so.. not enough for a flight straight back to Canada.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

more
    • self drive tour of uluru and the olgas

by rafandco Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hello
      Is it possible to drive around the base of Uluru ? Like maybe do a mix of drive and walk around the base.

I am planning a 2 to 3 days visit in early july, with my 2 young children (8 and 6) and I find it hard to choose between an organised tour, the uluru express shuttle or just hire a car : I am not sure my kids could do the long walks in the time imparted by most of the organized tours but I would like them to do more than watch the sunset and take a photo !

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 8:17 PM
    • usnco's Profile Photo

Suggestions, tips etc

by usnco Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Travelling from Sydney to Uluru and return in Jan 2015 with my partner and two teenage boys 14 & 15. AM I MAD?
      Is it safe to sleep in a motor home on the side of the road? Also, any tips or suggestions on where to stay and where not to stay, and anything the boys might be interested in would be greatfully accepted. Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    • Uluru - Kata Tjuta

by anafunky Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM

what are natural hazards that occur?

7 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • Guided Tour or self-guided tour

by fredja20 Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Which is the better option - guided or self-guided tour?

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    • marieana's Profile Photo

Going to Ayers Rock

by marieana Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi
      Is there any coach going directly to Ayers Rock Uluru from Sydney? Any details please
      or from Perth?

6 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:38 PM
    • Uluru and Olgas

by tamakahlo Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Hi Myself and my 23 year old daughter will be in Adelaide early May. We have 3 days for Uluru and Olgas before heading back to Adelaide. Im a little confused and would hugely appreciate advice:
      Are there direct flights to Uluru from Adelaide?
      Can one hire a car in Yulara?
      We love camping but won't have tents. Can we hire in Yulara? Is there a decent backpackers as an alternative?
      Thanks

7 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • Rock and Rail package on the Ghan

by AussieScho Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Can anyone tell me approximately what time the bus returns to the hotel on Day 4 of the "Rock and Rail" package on the Ghan? We wish to do the "Sounds of Silence" dinner, which requires pick-up one hour before sunset, and I don't know if we'll be back in time. According to the brochure, Day 4 involves:
      1. Travel from Alice Springs to Uluru, which takes about 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
      2. Visit Cultural Centre and Arts and Crafts Co-op.
      3. Guided walk to Mutitjulu waterhole; view cave paintings
      4. Tour base of Uluru and discover Mala walk. (Does "discover" mean we actually do the Mala walk? How long is it?)

Seems like an awful lot to cover. Would we be back in time to leave one hour before sunset for the dinner?

1 Answer Feb 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Fly direct to Uluru or Alice Springs?

by welshmissk Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I am backpacking around Australia and just received a note from my Dad saying that he intends on joining me from the UK to see Uluru. Any tips on whether to go to Alice Springs or direct to Uluru as I gather you can fly with Qantas. Also, any tips on where we should stay? Obviously he's not a backpacker or fan of camping so those 2 options are out.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Kirsty

2 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • Uluru tours

by mroberts104 Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I am looking for a 3 day camping in swags tour beginning and ending at Ayers Rock airport. Is there anything available that would fit that itinerary? Thank you!

4 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    • Safe to drive

by zuluchief Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Myself and 3 kids age 12,10 and 8 yrs are taking a slow drive across to Perth from Melbourne. I will be on my own as hubby is in Perth already, we have no time limits and would really like to do a trip up to Uluru and back down before crossing to Perth. My question please for anybody who has done Adelaide-Uluru section, is it safe for a woman and kids to do this? My car is AWD and 3 yrs old, hopefully should not break down. Is there enough passing traffic to help if there is a car problem?Thank you

10 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    • Gold Coast to Uluru - Best Bet for a Week

by lisanan Online Now Jul 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Ill be in the Gold Coast for a week at the end of August. I really want to go see Uluru. Flying looks like the only option. What are the best airports to fly in and out of? Best places to stay in Uluru? Rent a car from Alice Springs? Any info would be great! :)

3 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    • share car for urulu and soroundings dates 10 uo to 17 july 2013

by carolacarola Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Hi, my name is carolina, i am looking for sharing a car to do uluru and soroundings by the 10 to the 17 july, 2013, anybody interested? My mail is carolacarola.cr@gmail.com. thank you

2 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    • BIG TRIP AHEAD!!

by kbr1990 Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Hello there,
      Myself and my co-worker are taking 6(max) kids on a driving/camping adventure from Melbourne to Uluru beginning June 28th until Sunday 7th July. These kids are on their Learners.. what would be the best route and are there any nice stops/attractions to see on the way!!

Any information would be a great help as this planning stuff is very overwhelming!!

5 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    • LisaW43's Profile Photo

Uluru to Broome

by LisaW43 Online Now Jan 16, 2013 at 2:54 AM

I'm planning a trip to Australia in May and am hoping to visit Uluru and the surrounding area and then travel to Broome to do a tour to Darwin.
      The travel agents are telling me the best option is to either fly to Broome or do a tour up to Darwin, do the Darwin to Broome tour in reverse and fly out of Broome (via Perth) back home. Does anyone know of a better way I could see everything? I was hoping there would be a circular tour that left Darwin and returned to Darwin visiting the Kimberleys etc on the way but as yet I haven't found any.

Thanks for your help.
      Lisa

5 Answers Jan 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • major advice needed for a camper van trip to Uluru from Adelaide

by nthusiast Online Now Jun 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Hi everyone,
      we are in Australia in August going from Sydney to Perth in a Campervan, and would love the diversion to Uluru.

So, can i ask what the road is like from Adelaide to Uluru, gas stations (are they frequent?), how long in a camper van is the drive? and lastly and most important i suppose, can anyone recommend any good camp grounds for a single night? (i think 1 night will do it as we are rather nomadic and we are on a limited time to get back to the coast road and Perth.

Any help and advice appreciated.
      cheers
      Dave

5 Answers Jun 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    • two half days and one full day at Uluru-Kata

by wonde7 Online Now May 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

What do you recommend for 2 days at Uluru-Kata. We are arriving at mid day may 19 and leaving 2;30 PM the 21. We are a group of 6 , one young adult, a 75 years lady and 2 couples in their late 40. We are going to rent a car at the air port . Thanks Wmde

5 Answers May 8, 2012 at 4:24 AM
    • where is the closest car parking to uluru

by alan61 Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Hi
      Myself and son will be in ayers rock resort for 2 nights in may.
      we have booked a sunrise tour and base walk and a sunset tour.
      On last day we do not fly out until 14.35hrs so would like to go back to uluru for the morning poss rock climb.
      The shuttle costs45 each i think quite expensive.does anyone know how close to the rock it stops.
      Thinking may be cheaper or about the same to hire a car for day but not sure how close you can park to the rock.
      Anyone know how long it would take to walk.

Many thanks

Alan

3 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    • Lillian90's Profile Photo

Red centre sight seeing

by Lillian90 Online Now Dec 3, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Hi everyone :)

I'm travelling to Australia with my mum and sister in January. Me an my mum have both been to Uluru before but my sister haven't so we would like to show her some of the real Australian dessert and Uluru.
      We are short on time, and we are having trouble finding a tour that would either depart from Uluru and finish in Alice spring or reverse without it beeing an AAT kings tour and not being much longer than 2 or 3 days. We would like to get to see as much as possible and not sit in a bus the intire time, but would rather not join one of the backpacker tours. We have considered flying in tho Uluru and then on our own do the basewalk and then watch the sunset, and then on our way back join a tour that lets us see the sunrise and Kings Canyon and then finishes in Alice Springs.

Would it be easier to everything on our own or do you have any suggestions for tour companies we might join? Neither of us have a drivers license so self drive is not an option :)
      Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks!

7 Answers Dec 7, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Self Guided Walks Booklet

by AlbuqRay Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Does anyone know how I can get the "An Insight Into Uluru - self-guided walks" booklet? I did not realize that it existed when I went to the Cultural Center or I would have gotten one then. An electronic copy would be fine. I am just trying to figure out the things I saw on the walks that I took.

8 Answers Apr 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    • limledi's Profile Photo

Worth The Journey?

by limledi Online Now Mar 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Hi. Is it worth the cost & distance to travel all the way to Uluru? I checked the plane fare Melbourne-Alice Springs & Ayers Rock -Cairns & found it very expensive at almost500 per pax. We also checked the Alice Springs-Cairns & didn't find quite a difference. The 3-day tour from Alice Springs for WestMc, Kings Canyon & Uluru costs750 per head. There's cheaper camping option but my husband don't like to sleep in a swag. We're 2 pax so that means2500 for both of us. I've been thinking of skipping this part of our trip due to the high cost. Any advise will be appreciated. Am thinking of hiring a car & after doing some rough computations, find that it is cheaper but there is not much difference. Correct me if am wrong. The plane fare is what puts me off. I know that the rock is an icon & it would be a pity to miss it. It is in my original plan. I have 19 days for this trip covering Melbourne, Alice Springs, Cairns & Sydney. Am from the Philippines. If am skipping Alice, what would be a nice replacement or is Melbourne/Cairns/Sydney enough for the 19 days? Thanks.

26 Answers Mar 24, 2011 at 5:00 AM
    • sam2tokyo's Profile Photo

Travelling during Christmas time from Melbourne

by sam2tokyo Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Hi folks,

I'm planning a shoestring travel by myself to the northern territory and would like to enjoy my christmas visiting Alice Springs/Uluru for a week.

Shoestring meaning backpack with a camera of course :-)

I've check the web for getting to NT/Uluru and flying seems to be the cheapest (around100 each way).

I've checked accommodation and it looks reasonable. I'm guessing that the15-$25 ones require your own tent, I won't be bringing a tent so will just go for a hostel or cheap hotel :

au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/dir...

So my questions:

1. How do I get to Yulara from Alice Spring airport?
      2. Is 2-3 days long enough for Uluru considering that I'll spend the entire time around taking photos and walking around?
      3. What other places can I visit for photography?
      4. Any advice for extensive walking and travelling around the area? Any cream or protection that I need to consider?
      5. It seems like renting my own car would be the best way to travel, how much do they go for per day? Is it possible to rent a Ferrari? Just kidding lol

I'm not planning on climbing the rock, but will be keen to bushwalk and take photos mostly, that would be the highlight of my trip.

I look forward to your advice, thanks!

18 Answers Dec 11, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    • sharing information

by kimberlymhay Online Now Oct 24, 2010 at 3:20 AM

what are some ways in which you can share information with tourist in a way that respects the local aboriginal community?and how do you think that can manage this?

3 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    • How to ge from alice sprigns to Ayers Rock Resort?

by kabesa Online Now Aug 31, 2010 at 4:06 AM

My flight arrives at 9:10 am in Alice Springs and most buses to the resort depart at 7 pm. Is there a later option? I can't drive to there since I can't drive on the left and would be hard to manage on my own.

6 Answers Sep 1, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    • stanrubin's Profile Photo

Hotels

by stanrubin Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Will be here 2 nights....With limited choices, Sails in The Desert seems like the pick...Differential in cost from others is minimal, however, IS IT the best choice????

Thanks!!

SZtan

2 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 11:15 PM
    • drive motorhome to see sunset/sunrise at uluru

by meiumg Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Hi all.

We plan to drive motorhome from darwin to uluru from 8 - 17 july 2010?
      We book campground at ayers rock resort already for 2 nighs.

Need some help to see the sunset/sunrise at uluru.
      Can we drive the motorhome to see the sunrise/sunset ourself?
      is it allowed to drive there with motorhome 2WD?
      Or should we joint the tour for sunset or sunrise?
      Because I check the tour price is quite high and we are 4 people in total.
      Thanks all before hand.

3 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    • Photos Taken at Uluru Saturday 24th April 2010

by karaleeds Online Now May 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Hi all,

This is a strange sort of a question but I hope someone can help.
      I am hoping to get hold of some photos anyone may have taken while climbing Uluru on Saturday 24th April.

I know the date is very specific and there is a reason for this. My Dad died climbing Uluru that day and we have a few photos he took before it happened but I thought I would see if I could come across him in any photos anyone else may have taken.

I know its a long shot but if anyone has photos with people in them and are happy to share then I would be extremely appreciative. I don't really know why I am asking but I just have a need to know more about his last achievement.

Regards, Kara

1 Answer May 20, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    • family getaway

by leanneaway Online Now Apr 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM

we are traveling from melbourne with a camper trailer in tow and 3 young boys under 7 yrs. wanting to see uluru, the olgas, kings canyon and anything else anyone thinks is suitable for a family with a 17 month old and camping.
      We would also like to stay at alice springs for a couple of days. we will also be stopping at coober pedy on the way up and back to re energize and have alook at this amazing place.
      My main question is regarding the time we should allow for staying at each one of these locations.
      We were thinking 2 nights at coober pedy,uluru,kings canyon and alice springs and 1 night everywhere else for rests. we have estimated 14 days round trip.
      Do you think this is enough? looking at around late june early july. Do we need summer and winter clothing?
      thanks for your help in advance

8 Answers Apr 15, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    • How to get to Alice Spring from Adelaide?

by andrianchow Online Now Apr 13, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm from Malaysia and I'm going to hav a backpack travel to Alice Spring & Uluru.
      I wonder there's any low budget way to get to Alice Spring from Adelaide?
      And is it possible to hav a view at Ayers Rock by not joining any tours?
      There is any free camping area nearby Ayers Rock?
      Thank You.^^

4 Answers May 1, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    • Driving directions from Melbourne to Uluru

by juanfra3200 Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Hi everyone,

Me and my friends are planning to rent a camper van and have a road trip to Uluru from Melbourne. I know is a BIG trip but we want to do it, we have been thinking of driving to Adelaide and the from there to (maybe) Alice Spring and then to the big rock! Well, we also want to stop in kings canyon or something like that. The true is that we do not have a clear idea of how to drive or where to drive, and what to do. Could someone give me some tips or a route to drive please, and roughly how many days (and tanks of petrol) we will nedd?

Thank you so much.
      Cheers,

3 Answers Mar 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    • from resort to the rock

by Cousmi Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 6:24 AM

hallo everyone,

I'll be in the resort pioneer hotel from 25th of july til 27th. on the 26th, we'll rent a car to go from the resort to the ayers rock, the price they ask by buses or tout is completly crazy, so if during that time, people are intersted by sharing the car please write ;-))we didn't plan yet our day, so you'e welcome to come and proposing...

see you up on the road

Cousmi

2 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM