Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Answers

change location
stanrubin's Profile Photo

Hotels

by stanrubin Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Will be here 2 nights....With limited choices, Sails in The Desert seems like the pick...Differential in cost from others is minimal, however, IS IT the best choice????

Thanks!!

SZtan

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Hotels

by gerrypmac Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 4:16 AM

All the accommodation is situated in Yalara township which is about 10 mins away from Uluru and located outside the park boundaries.Yalara is pretty much a one company town as a consequence of capital investment developing airport, water and sewerage systems etc way out in the desert.It is close to a monopoly type situation despite the different namees. A great place to visit and enjoy though. Yalara accommodation is all together (apart from caravan / camping area) with shops and facilities. It is all too expensive for me but there are good understandable reasons for that. Sails is the most up market accommodation and is as well situated if not better than the rest, as sails was the centrepiece, but all in close proximity to each other.To answer your question Sails is definitely the best choice. In all cases you need a car or shuttle bus to get out to the National park and Uluru.best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fossettes's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels

by fossettes Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 11:15 PM

The first time I went to Uluru (about 20 years ago) i went as a backpacker and said if I EVER returned I would stay at Sails. Well last year I went back with my husband and daughter and Sails wasn't available, so we stayed at the Desert Gardens. It was very nice, the room was comfortable and had a little veranda looking out to the desert. Everything was great. But I think I still want to stay at Sails! Not sure if this will help!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)