Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Answers

change location

from resort to the rock

by Cousmi Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 6:24 AM

hallo everyone,

I'll be in the resort pioneer hotel from 25th of july til 27th. on the 26th, we'll rent a car to go from the resort to the ayers rock, the price they ask by buses or tout is completly crazy, so if during that time, people are intersted by sharing the car please write ;-))we didn't plan yet our day, so you'e welcome to come and proposing...

see you up on the road

Cousmi

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: from resort to the rock

by Belsaita Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Hi, I was lucky enough to be there last September, for 4 days and did both bus tours and rented a car for a couple of days.

The good point of renting a car is you can optimize your time, as you have only 1 full day there.

Actually, I would better rent the car for 2 days, and this way you can drive to Uluru for sunset on the 25th, use the car to see the sunrise on the 26th, drive to Kata Tjuta on the 26th afternoon, see again the sunrise on the 27th and drop of the car at the airport.

I get a very cheap car hire at http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au

Wish I could join you :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • craic's Profile Photo

Re: from resort to the rock

by craic Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM

hi - maybe you would have some luck advertising on travelbuddy

i know it is very expensive in the red centre (or the dead heart) of Australia

the distances are so huge - my husband and daughter went there a few years back and found it all a bit special

but expensive - everything has to come from so far and conditions are so hard

it's not Ayers Rock any more - some people get a bit upset if it is called Ayers Rock - sensitivities - you know

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)