Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Answers

change location
swdke's Profile Photo

What is actual drive time between Uluru and Alice Springs?

by swdke Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 5:14 AM

What is the actual drive time between Uluru and Alice Springs driving on the paved roads. Some information I read states 4 hours, some 5 hours. How long does it really take to drive? Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mgmarcus's Profile Photo

Re: What is actual drive time between Uluru and Alice Springs?

by mgmarcus Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 5:26 AM

Both are do-able, depends how fast you drive and if you take breaks as it is out-back driving. It is a 440km distance to cover. Closer to 5 (or a bit over) with a break would be safer and more relaxing as I assume your on holiday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: What is actual drive time between Uluru and Alice Springs?

by gerrypmac Online Now Jun 26, 2008 at 1:09 AM

You could do it in just over four hours from Alice springs to Uluru Township if moving along with no stops as the road is fairly predictable for the most part.There are some relatively windier sections (for this country) in the latter part of the trip which will keep you at a lower speed and there is a low speed stretch in the area closest to uluru township which will take it over the four hours for your trip when driving with reasonable safety. If you want to go on to the national park entrance and the rock itself(60 klm zones) then it will definitely be closer to 5 hrs. I would allow 5 hrs anyway as you will probably want to stop on the way for 10 mins to view Mt Connor in the distance and a brief stop on this leg is advisable anyway for safety purposes. Best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)