Ulsan Travel Answers

change location

Newbie visiting Ulsan...

by GracieK Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Hi, I will be visiting Ulsan for business for a few days in October. So looking forward to this. Got a few questions if someone can help me out...
1. Will be flying into Seoul, will be be easier to get to Ulsan by train, or by air?
2. What would be a good hotel to stay in? Since I don't have a car and don't speak Korea, I would like to be able to walk to restaurants and shopping.
3. Any good recommendation for great authentic Korean BBQ?
4. I am hoping to get a Korean music instrument when I am there, the gayageum (an Korean zither). Would i have better luck in Ulsan,or Seoul?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Newbie visiting Ulsan...

by DSwede Online Now Sep 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM

If you are going for business, I highly recommend that you take a flight. There are about 6 flights per day that are about 50 minutes. The transfer between Incheon and Gimpo in Seoul is faster than going all the way downtown to get the train station.

From Ulsan airport, it will be about 6000 KRW taxi to the Lotte Hotel. Its the best business hotel in town. But by chance are you going to be in Bangeojin instead of Ulsan? If so, then I suggest you stay at the Hyundai Hotel so your commute will be much shorter.

There are lots of restaurants around both of these hotels. Feel free to read my Ulsan pages for some ideas of restaurants and info on the Lotte. I lived there for about 3 years...

You can find those musical instruments in both places. If you are in a rush, Seoul will be a better chance. But if you ask the people you are working with or the hotel staff in Ulsan, they can easily help you find something maybe the next day.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ulsan