Ulm Travel Answers

change location

Bike Shops in Ulm

by arthurpig Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Hi there,

I and four friends want to start a bike tour in Ulm. Are there any good, reasonably priced, bike shops in Ulm where we can buy touring bikes? What sort of cost per bike should we budget for adult bikes with panniers which will survive a four week cycle path journey - i.e. we only need low to mid range quality?

Regards

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: Bike Shops in Ulm

by abalada Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 7:47 AM

http://www.thuerheimer.de/
    -> Willkommen -> Aktionen
    here you can find the recent special offers

more shops in Ulm
    staedte-info.net/ulm/fahrrad...

The ZEG (retailer cooperative; where Thürheimer is a member) special offers are good and mid range quality.

There are also bicycles sold at DIY stores, big supermarkets etc. Cheap but often low range quality.

No personal experience with bicycle shops in Ulm. Thus I cannot tell you which is the best one.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Bike Shops in Ulm

by Kakapo2 Online Now Mar 15, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Thürheimer (ü = ue) is a very good shop. He has expanded and moved from the city centre to Blaubeurer Straße (not really out of the city, just on the other side of the railway line). Bought one of my bikes there.

Also bought one at a shop named Jehle in Blaubeurer Straße. They also have good service. It is a market shop which also sells whiteware and garden furniture but this should not deter you. They often have end of line sales and really good offers - of course, depending on the time of year you want to buy the bikes.

http://www.jehle-markt.de/

I would absolutely not buy a bike in a supermarket. They tend to fall apart and then an endless service problem starts, as they have to post the bike...

I also know some smaller shops but they normally have higher priced bikes and less special offers.

One of them is Ralf Reich. He is in Frauenstraße which is close to the cathedral.

If you need more help, no problem. I lived in Ulm and still have a lot of friends there.

Sissi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines