change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Seoul Nov 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Hi guys,

I'll be traveling by subway from W Seoul Walkerhill Hotel to New Kukje Hotel (12, Sejong Street22, Jung-gu, Seoul, 100-101).
      I would like to find out which exits have elevator/escalator since I do not want to lug my heavy luggage up the stairs..

I know from Walkerhill I can take the subway either from the Gwangnaru Station (Line 5) OR the Kangbyun Station (Line 2) to the city center.
      I also know the nearest subway stations to New Kukje Hotel are the City Hall Station and Gwanghwamun Station

Line 5 from Gwangnaru: 1. Change to Line 2 at Uljiro4 then get off at City Hall Station

2. Change to Line 1 at Jongno 3 then get off at City Hall Station
      3. Direct to Gwanghwamun Station

Line 2 from Kangbyun: 1. Direct to City Hall Station

Which of the option above is better for me in term of availability of escalator/elevator?

Tq, Mel

Passageway inside Seoul Station b/w subway and AREX platform

Seoul Nov 23, 2015 at 9:36 PM

We plan to catch either the AREX Express or All Stops from Seoul Station to Incheon Airport. We would be coming to Seoul Station from City Hall Station on Subway Line 1.

Read that now there is an underground passage-way direct from the Subway Line 1 & 4 to the AREX Platform. However, if you want to travel to Incheon Airport by the AREX Express you will require to buy the Express Pass separately since you can't use the T-Money..

Thus, what would be my option if I were to choose to travel by AREX Express? My priority is to use this passage-way from subway Line 1 to the AREX Platform (To cut traveling time and avoid stairs).. Thus, I don't want to have to exit subway station to go over to buy the AREX Express Pass from the AREX Ticketing booth inside Seoul Station..

Can the AREX Express Pass be pre-purchased a few days earlier from Incheon Airport?
      Is there an Express ticketing booth along the transfer path inside the underground passage-way?

Tq, Mel

Can a 1 DAY M-Pass be bought in advance and used as a T-money card first?

Seoul Nov 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Seoul M-Pass

Hi guys!

We will be in Seoul for 4 nights. First night at the W Walkerhill and the balance at Kukje Hotel near Kwanghwamun/City Hall Stations. Arriving and departing from Incheon International Airport. We plan to take the KAL bus from the airport to W Walkerhill. From W Walkerhill, we will take the subway to Kukje Hotel. Then, from Kukje Hotel we will return to the airport using the subway (to Seoul Station) then the AREX (I'm worried of being stuck in the jam if taking the airport bus).

Looking at the transport card I need help understanding the Seoul M-Pass card vs the T-Money card.. And wondering which is better and more cost saving?

1. First of all, re the T-money, the 2,500Won you pay to purchase the empty T-money card is non-refundable, right? As well as the 500won admin charge..
      While for the M-Pass, everything is refundable (aside from the 500won admin charge).

2. I read that M-Pass is a transportation pass that covers Seoul Subway Lines 1-9, AREX’, standard train and Seoul buses. M-Pass also has the T-money function. Thus, once you have used all of the M-pass’ allotted subway rides, it can still be used as a T-money card after adding to the balance.

Now I'm wondering, can the M-Pass be purchased in advance? Meaning can I buy the 1 DAY M-Pass at the airport upon my arrival (Telling the staff we would only be using it 4 days later), load the T-money, start using the T-money when we travel from Walkerhill by subway to Kwanghwamun Station.. Then only use the 1 DAY M-Pass on my final day to take the subway from Kwanghwamun to Seoul Station and the AREX from Seoul Station to the airport (I just read now the AREX tix had been reduced to 8000won until 31st Dec, 2015)..?

Our flight is at 4pm so we may still get to take public transport somewhere on the morning of the final day, using the 1 DAY M-Pass. Even though we don't, for the 10,000won we spent to purchase the 1 DAY M-Pass, with the 9350won (the 8000won AREX tix and the 1350won Subway tix from City Hall Station to Seoul Station), we only lose minimal amount of 650won. Vs losing 2,500won if we bought the T-money card.

Tq, Mel

• Customs Allowance Question

South Korea Nov 23, 2015 at 12:19 PM

Are you supposed to declare your laptop if it is worth more than $600? Also is the $600 limit per item? For example if in total my personal belongings exceed $600 do I have to pay tax? This might be obvious to most people but I have never traveled to another Country before so I appreciate any answers you can provide! Thanks!

Near Ulchin