Ulaanbaatar Travel Answers

change location
happyhourkid's Profile Photo

nightlife in Ulaanbaatar

by happyhourkid Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Hi all-

I'm going to be in Ulaanbaatar in October 2008 and I arrive on a Sunday afternoon and leave the next Thursday. So unfortunately I won't be around over a Friday and Saturday weekend. Is there still some decent nightlife to be found on a Sunday through Wednesday night? If so, which nightclubs or bars are recommended?

If the nightlife shuts down during the week, is the weekend nightlife good enough to make it worth changing my travel arrangements to put me in Ulaanbaatar over a weekend?

I appreciate the info. Thanks everyone!!!

Chris

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ValbyDK's Profile Photo

Re: nightlife in Ulaanbaatar

by ValbyDK Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Hi
    I went out on a Tuesday night in Ulaanbaatar a couple of years ago. Started at the Cent Pub & Bar and ended up at the Strings nightclub with live music. Great fun.
    Regards,
    Klaus

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eastboy's Profile Photo

Re: nightlife in Ulaanbaatar

by eastboy Online Now Sep 8, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Hi Chris

I don't think you have to change your arrangements, only because of to enjoy nightlife in UB. All pubs, night clubs are open week around. Great choices are Irish Pub (true one near the Drama Theater),Metropolis nightclub, or if you wish to see mongolian girls stripping, its worth to peep in Marco Polo strip bar. Of course there are plenty of bars and nightclubs, but these are best ones. Cheers

Eastboy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ulaanbaatar