Ulaanbaatar Travel Answers

change location

Dalanzadgad/Gobi

by PetePL Online Now May 9, 2007 at 3:26 AM

Hi,
couldnt find Dalanzadgad forum so I'll try here.
Im interested if its possible to take a tour to Gobi from there?
Anyone's been there?
I dont know how far would I have to go from the town to see some
desert/mountain landscapes...
any tips appreciated!!!
Pete

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Re: Dalanzadgad/Gobi

by GyuriFT Online Now May 9, 2007 at 3:40 AM

I was there on an organised Gobi tour in 1982. We flew AN-24 from UB than back.
    It was long ago (obviously), we paid some very low amount of money to Zuulchin (the only tourist agency at that time), some Dollar-Tourists paid like 10x what we did and that ws it. The organised tours there are eons old, so it's a path many people went through already.

We have many positive memories from Mongolia.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grazy56's Profile Photo

Re: Dalanzadgad/Gobi

by grazy56 Online Now May 16, 2007 at 7:55 AM

hi,

dalazangad you can easy found on a map on south from Ub

beter you take a jeep from UB as the price you will spend to fly and not evry day planes to dalazangad you will pay cheaper to take a jeep from Ub and in a day you will be on dalazangad as well and also see most beautiful landscape. we go often there and so you can belive me as well.

and also really difficult to find a jeep in that town as no agency to rent and so difficult to ask to rent a jeep and maybe you will ahve difficulties too to explain what you want to do and for the price and so on so better as not so expensive to take from Ub and so be sure to have a right driver who will know his country and so can show you difertn landscape intersting for a tourist and so make you divide mongolian traditional life going and meeting nomds on steppa going to sleep to them..

so we can recommend you strongly our driver we take anytime we go on Mognolia fell free to ask him anything you want or don't want to do
    mejet69@yahoo.com he will come to pick you free, lodge you in his small guest house and take you to show you mongolia as never you dreammed it. be sure to have met the best one

also have a look on www.virtualtourist.com/m/1f26a/6d6

and of course email me directly at home: angy8@bluewin.ch

ahve fun in mongolia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ulaanbaatar