Ulaanbaatar Travel Answers

change location

beijing - mongolia - beijing

by nemes_s Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 9:28 PM

hey all, wondering what's the cheapest way to get from beijing to ulaan bataar. am looking at the may holidays which should affect my journey somehow.

am a singaporean student studying in beijing, anyone keen on mongolia too?

how many days would be just nice for mongolia?

thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • grazy56's Profile Photo

Re: beijing - mongolia - beijing

by grazy56 Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 3:39 AM

hi here some tips for your travel trip to Mongolia

in Mongolia one can stay some days as all his life as it's a so wonderful country so as even you don't have so much time and maybe not so much money to rent alone a jeep with 10 days you can have still a marvellous trip, of course if you can stay more 15/30 days better is!
    we go often there and so we can help you and you can see my webpage I just tipped with new advice on www.virtualtourist.com/m/1f26a/6d6

and of course email e directly: angy8@bluewin.ch

we can recommend you to contact our friends there and they will pick you free and can lodge you in a small gust house and also provide for anything you can need. if you want also to share a jeep just ask him if some groups will accept for than or email me as according time you want to stay there and the mounth you decide maybe I can give you some addresses and you will see if this can be the right solution for you! so contact mejet69@yahoo.com and feel free to express all you want to know! you can say I gave you his address of course (Graziella(

Beijing-U.B. with TRANSMOGOLIAN: 2/3 times /week according to the season. In Beijing it can be difficult to get a ticket in advance for the way Beijing- U.B. (you can wait until 2 weeks beforehand, so go to Datong to buy a ticket quickly); in any case you have to buy the ticket on CITS office chenh@cits.com.cn, tel:0086-010 -l85228408
    OR CONTACT: Richard Tian: richard@oceantravel.com.cn or oceantravelcn@yahoo.com.cn also he can provide for air plane tickets, he is the king of ticket for Mongolia so just contact him!

Idea: go to Erlian/ Zamyd-Uud (border with China and Mongolia) pass the border by taxi and then train or bus for Beijing or train for UB this is really cheap! as even long and maybe not so confortable, erlian-Ub=20$ you just have to see if everyday train to erlian for UB!

More? : chinatripadvisor.com/english... / travelchinaguide.com/china-t...
    http://www.china-train-ticket.com/

PS: Don't rush out of the train, it is then that the pickpockets operate! Some board the train to rob the unaware. Look after your luggage, and DO NOT use porters!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ulaanbaatar