Ukunda Travel Answers

change location

Freelance guide/safari guide?

by ashanti200 Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Does anyone know a reliable freelance local person (not belonging to an agency) who speaks English and can help me around near Ukanda and Mombasa, and optionally can also serve as a safari guide?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Re: Freelance guide/safari guide?

by sphynxxs Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 12:48 PM

walk along the beach, and you will be hit by loads of freelancing guides - of course, whether they are reliable is a completely different cup of tea.... English is widely spoken in Kenya, and especially at the tourist places like the coast

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Wafro's Profile Photo

by Wafro Online Now Dec 28, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Hi there,
    You’ll find lots of guides in the tourist areas, but that doesn’t mean they are qualified safari guides, as they already mentioned.
    Good luck and happy travels

• Janekossy's Profile Photo

by Janekossy Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hi Ashanti, you may try this Guy thru.kwalel@hotmail.com i guess he will assist you

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

by croisbeauty Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 2:21 AM

It has to be highly recommended person, a person well known by somebody whom you know. Those whom you meet on the beach, or those who will be after you if strolling around, cannot be trusted at all.

• Suet's Profile Photo

by Suet Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Yes I've got a lady who is very reliable and will drive you anywhere you want to go. She is based in Nairobi and can drive you round Mombasa in a new car which is unlikely to break down. Everybody speaks English in Kenya unless they are not educated as in the poorer areas.

The Shimba Hills is a good game park to go to. However, I wouldn't stray too far along the coast northwards due to Somali pirates.

• Suet's Profile Photo

by Suet Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Yes I've got a lady who is very reliable and will drive you anywhere you want to go. She is based in Nairobi and can drive you round Mombasa in a new car which is unlikely to break down. Everybody speaks English in Kenya unless they are not educated as in the poorer areas.

The Shimba Hills is a good game park to go to. However, I wouldn't stray too far along the coast northwards due to Somali pirates.

• Alman2011's Profile Photo

by Alman2011 Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

was born and raised in Mombasa , iknow ukunda well contact me husseinmj@yahoo.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines