Ukraine Travel Answers

change location
mosh929's Profile Photo

Train from Kiev to Moscow

by mosh929 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Greetings, can anyone please tell me the current price of a o/w train ticket from Kiev to Moscow, any and all classes please and also if the train avoids Belarus?

SOS!!! Thanks.

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • Re: Train from Kiev to Moscow

by viewtheworld Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM

b/mkd

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bugulma's Profile Photo

Re: Train from Kiev to Moscow

by bugulma Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 12:48 AM

there are 10 daily trains between cities.
    I don't use trains, to be true (I prefer planes), but I heard from my friends that trains do not cross the border with Belarus'. Besides I check the train routes and they cross only Russian border after Konotop city, going further to Russian Bryansk.

There are 3 classes of places: plazkart, coupe (4 places in coupe) and luxe (2 places in coupe). For example, the prices for the brand-train Kiev-Moscow (train #006, departure 17.56, duration 15 hours) the prices are: plazkart EUR 48, coupe EUR 83 and luxe EUR 165.
    For non-brand trains prices are cheaper (such trains usually start journey in other cities like Odessa, Khmel'nitsky and so on and they pass Kiev). For example, the prices for train # 055 are (it starts at 22.55, duration 15 hours): plazkart EUR 35 and coupe EUR 62 (no luxe carriages).

• mosh929's Profile Photo

by mosh929 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Thank you Bugulma...Gee...15 hours on my tush, I will re-think that option and most likely fly!
    If I already have your attention, what about trains from Kharkiv to Moscow?
    Maybe that would be a few hours shorter?!

Thank you so much...

by nob-in Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM

mosh, there is much faster #2 train from Kiev to Moscow with travel time of less than 11 hours and border controls in Kiev/Moscow, so you won't need to wake up in the middle of the night. It's pretty fancy train, so quite expensive. For instance for today bed in 'kupe' (4 bed 2nd class compartment) cost almost 900 uah, bed in lux (2 bed 1st class compartment) 1750 uah

Kharkiv-Moscow trains take roughly 13:30-14 hours, most of them transit one

p.s. non of direct train from Kiev to Moscow travel via Belarus, so no need to worry about it

1 member found this helpful

• bugulma's Profile Photo

by bugulma Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I prefer flies usually... at the same time if you fly one way, it is more expensive than return ticket. For Kiev-Moscow check UTAir, Aeroflot, S7 and Transaero (UTAir and Aeroflot has flight from Khar'kiv too), all 4 are the biggest airlines of Russia. There is Ukrainian Aerosvit too, but last year due to problems with money many airports deined to serve their flights. Besides I got experience with Aerosvit when my flight was delayed for 1 day (although I did'nt wait and had to choose other company's flight).

• taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

by taurean_traveller Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I understand Aerosvit is not in operation.
    My wife had tickets for Kiev to Odessa flying with Aerosvit (booking with UIA) and they wrote to say Aerosvit flights are no more and gave us a refund!!

• Evardo's Profile Photo

by Evardo Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Hi! Train 042K

Kiev - Moscow

March 14, 13:32 departure from Kiev-Passenger

March 15, Friday, 05:33 arrive in Moscow

Travel time 16 hours 1 min

Class 1: 1 343.83 HRN

Class 2: 684.99 HRN

Class 3: 401.23 HRN

There is site http://gd.tickets.ua that will be usefull for travel by train in Ukraine (russian lang.).

by KharkovElephant Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

There is a good official website were you can check the timetable, book and BUY tickets.
    http://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/

1) To go from Kiev to Moscow enter the following stations names:
    Kyiv - Moskva Kievskaia (14 hours trip)

Often trains are not direct but just pass by Kyiv so do not get confused by departure city name.

2) Going from Kharkov saves you 1 hour approximately.
    Names of Stations:
    Kharkiv - Moskva Kurskaia (13 to 14 hours trip depending on train)

If you need to go from Kharkiv, people often take a bus to Belgorod and then catch a train to Moscow. Cheaper but more hassle.

If you need to save time, going by plane is the only option. From Kharkov there are direct flights operated by Russian Aeroflot http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en (prices 200-600 USD depending on date/time/luck)

2 members found this helpful

• mosh929's Profile Photo

by mosh929 Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Thank you so much!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Ukraine Travel Answer Locations