Uithoorn

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Amsterdam Museum trip on a budget

Amsterdam 35 minutes ago

Museums in Amsterdam are among the main tourist attractions. There are more than 40 museums in Amsterdam. If you only have one or two days for them, I have 4 recommendations for you. If you have a museum card, you can visit all of them for FREE! As I'm living in Amsterdam, you can also borrow/rent my cards if you want to save some money:) I'd love to meet new people in this way (you can email me: ranli1220@hotmail.com)!

1.The Rijksmuseum

The Rijksmuseum is the largest and the most attractive museum in the Netherlands. The museum has a wonderful collection of the 17th C. Dutch Golden Age masterpieces. Famous “The Night Watch” by Rembrandt as well as other celebrated paintings like Vermeer’s “The Milkmaid” and “Woman reading a letter”, “The Windmill at Wijk bij Duurstede" by van Ruisdael, “The Burgomaster of Delft and his Daughter” by Jan Steen and many more. These marvellous paintings reflect history and character of the Dutch. Unique sculptures and various antiquities as traditional furniture, Delftware, silver, ship models and doll houses complete the show.

€15; children 18 and under, free
      Daily, 9am-5pm

2.Van Gogh Museum

This modern museum houses some 200 paintings and 550 sketches showing Van Gogh in all his moods. This biggest in the world collection, combined with hundreds of letters by Van Gogh, and selected works by his friends and contemporaries, form the core of the museum's collection.

€15; children 17 and under, free
      Daily, 9am-5pm, except Fri until 10pm

3.Anne Frank House

Anne Frank House in the center of Amsterdam is the hiding place where Anne Frank wrote her famous diary during the World War II. Just a few empty rooms in the hidden annex to the house will make an unforgettable impression if you realize, that two families lived in these small quarters for more than 2 years hiding from the Nazis. The original of the diary is on display, as a part of the Anne Frank House's permanent exhibition.

€9; children 10-17, €4.50; under 10s, free
      Nov-Mar, daily 9am-7pm, except Sat to 9pm; Apr-Jun, Jul, Sep, Oct, daily 9am-9pm, except Sat to 10pm; July and August, daily 9am-10pm

4.Stedelijk Museum are the most popular choices

One of the world’s richest collections of contemporary art – The Stedelijk Museum reopened in September of 2012 after prolonged period of enlargement and modernization. Its new white building integrally connected to the 19th C. museum surprises with originality of its architecture. The Stedelijk Museum collection of 90 thousand modern paintings, sculptures, photographs, graphics, design objects and video artifacts is not to be missed.

€15; students and children aged 13-18, €7.50; 12 and under, free
      Daily, 10am-6pm, except Thu until 10pm

Wish you all a great experience in Amsterdam! This is literally the best city ever!

more
    • Mobypark.com

Schiphol 23 hours ago

Heeft iemand ervaring met langparkeren via Mobypark.com op schiphol? In Amsterdam werkt het prima, maar heb het nog nooit voor de lange termijn gebruikt. Zie ook: http://bit.ly/1r7SO1D

more
    • Coffeeshop

Wijk aan Zee Jun 17, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Are there any coffeeshops here or is the nearest in beverwijk?

more
    • public viewing for a german football game

Amsterdam Jun 17, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Hallo !
      we stay the next days in amsterdam. I search a place to watch the german football game at saturday 21.06.2014
      Can you help me
      best regards Manu

more
    • paling smoking competition

Monnickendam Jun 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Will there be a paling smoking competition in MONNICKENDAM this year ?. If so what is the date? Thanks

more
    • Any dutch speaking friends?

Uitgeest Jun 16, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Hi. I live in landejik uitgeest and i looking for friends :) I want learn dutch and spend some time of attraction, but i dont know when i can go alone :( and its hard learn language alone too :( my name is Andrew and i 23 old year. If u listen this ask and want to meet me send me mail to pencammm@hotmail.con

Thanks all :)

more
    • v3tt3lWC's Profile Photo

Good college Bars

Amsterdam Jun 30, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Where are some great bars to visit at night for students?

more
    • Traveling_Duck's Profile Photo

Which neighborhood is the best?

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM

We will be visiting Amsterdam for the first week in August, and we would like to rent an apartment. So far, I was able to find nice and convenient properties in Jordaan (Egelantierstraat), in Waterlooplein, in the Old City (Nieuwe Spiegelstraat) and in the Jewish Quarter (Valkenburgerstraat). Which area would be the best to stay in? My husband and me are interested in architecture, art and culture, but we are also foodies. Any suggestions are most welcome! Thank you in advance!

more
    • Is there someplace to rent bicycles in Muiden?

Muiden Jun 27, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Hi! I am hoping to rent two bicycles in Muiden to use for traveling around the Netherlands for two weeks. I would return the bicycles back to Muiden. I am hoping to find bikes that are inexpensive to rent and that have bags on the sides for carrying our gear. Does anyone know of a place that rents bicycles like this?
      Thanks!
      -Steve

more
    • Cat traveling as carry on

Schiphol Jun 23, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I will be traveling from Israel to Detriot, Michigan with my cat on a Delta flight . I want to travel with him as a carry on. Will there be any problems at the airport? I am not leaving the airport .

more
    • Where to stay in Amsterdam with car?

Amsterdam Jun 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM

We look for a hotel near a P R Parking. We want to use the Public Transportation.
      Hotels located in Arena are they a good option?
      Thank you

more
    • Where can we look the german football game at Saturday, 21.06.2014

Amsterdam Jun 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

We stay the next days in amsterdam.... and we want to see the german footballgame at saturday. Have you public viewing for all games or only the dutch games ?

more
    • cell phone service

Amsterdam Jun 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Is buying a local prepaid cell phone the best way to guarantee service?

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Yesterday

As a gift for my son and his bride, I'm planning a trip to Barcelona and Amsterdam the 2nd week in October. Dates are moderately flexible (can't be before the 6th, but after that it's not important), as is the order in which we do things. The basic desire is the spend some time in Barcelona, do an overnight train to Amsterdam, and spend a few days there. we have 7-9 days with which to work. We can start in either city, but more days in Barcelona than Amsterdam. I'm thinking of renting an apt in Amsterdam and a hotel in Spain. I would like for the hotel to be a little more high end, but it doesn't have to be the most luxurious there. Any suggestions on neighborhoods? What about the overnight train? Is that a good idea? I know flying is cheaper, but I think they would enjoy the experience and I'd have to pay for a night's lodging anyway, so it would be about the same. They are not "touristy" travelers. They want local food and feel, museums and to walk the city. Maybe one day on the beach (is that even doable in Oct?).

more
    • Robbinn's Profile Photo

Hotel in down town Amterdam?

Amsterdam Jun 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I´m looking for a good hotel in down town Amsterdam.
      Some suggestions cheaper that 100€ per night?
      What is the city tax for accommodate?

more
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Soccer games on tv

Amsterdam Jun 11, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I have some Brazilian friends who woukd like to watch Brazil playing the Soccer World Cup games on tv in Amsterdam. Is there any pub or restaurant where people meet to watch games on tv?
      Thanks for any help.

more
    • july vs. september

Amsterdam Jun 10, 2014 at 7:42 AM

hello,
      is July noticeably busier than September in Amsterdam?
      I imagine since it is a big city, perhaps it doesn't matter?
      Thank You

more