change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• paddington28's Profile Photo

book a flight

Uganda Nov 9, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I am avery confident traveller who has travelled through asia many times,just booked the flight,1st nights accomadation and go from there,however next year would llike to go out my comfort zone and go to africa, is it easy enough just book the 1st nights accomadation in uganda or Ethiopia then travel around on my own.
      many thanks,Ben

3 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    • Cinema Theatre in Mbarara - Is it still Running ?

Mbarara Nov 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Is the Cinema Theatre in Mbarara still running ?

I was there 15 years ago as a backpacker. It was a memorable place. Will be back in January 2015 with family and want to take them to the "movies" in Mbarara and support the theatre.

• Transportation

Uganda Nov 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Hello. I would like to know the cheapest way to get to Lyantonde from Kampala and go back to Kampala the other day. I'm guessing that would be by bus so can anybody direct me to a website with timetables for Lyantonde because I couldn't find one, thanks in advance.

5 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    • TOURISTS ATTRACTIONS IN FORT PORTAL

Fort Portal Oct 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM

tourist attractions near fort portal town in Uganda?

2 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Is kampala safe for expats

Kampala Aug 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi,

I Recently I received a job offer from a company based in Kampala

Since then i have been visiting numerous expat sites and blogs to find out the life of an expat in kampala

And even after going through several articles/blogs/websites I am still unable to make a decision.

My major concerns or queries are
      1. Safety ( I read, once it is dark you should never walk alone as there is every possibility of getting mugged, robbery etc and all)
      2. Health Concerns ( Water, sanitation, food related)
      3. If the accommodation and food is being taken care by the company how much money in US $ should be enough
      i was wondering if any expat with experience of living in kampala here can help me with my queries.

Also any kind of suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks & Regards

5 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • smart phones

Kampala Aug 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM

what is the price for smart phone

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • cell phones

Uganda Aug 18, 2014 at 6:37 PM

what is the price of a smart phone in Uganda

• Is there any forum to find people planning a similar tour in Uganda at the same time

Uganda Aug 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Two friends and I are planning a trekking tour in Uganda. To be more people, thus less money for the tour guide, we wonder whether there is any forum to find people planning a similar tour in Uganda at the same time. Do you know something like that?

Kind regards,
      Gala

3 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • Jewelry in Uganda

Uganda Jul 31, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Im going tu Uganda in two weeks. I would like to purchase hand made silver jewelry. Not from China . Any places I can go?

2 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • vaccination

Uganda Jul 17, 2014 at 3:58 AM

I am going to Uganda this Sat and I haven't got any vaccination. What should I do?

3 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    • Travel form Kisoro, Uganda

Uganda Jun 24, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Hello!
      My daughter is in Africa working with the Peace Corps. She has some vacation time and would like to visit other places in Africa. I will be coming to Africa from the US to spend sometime with her during her vacation period. I am having trouble deciding on the best way to travel. I can rent a car both in Uganda and Tanzania or do we use a form of bus tranport. We will travel from Entebbe to Lake Mburo to Kisoro to Tanzania to Zanzibar to Dar se Salamm.
      We can use the car for travel in Uganda then return it to Entebbe( fly from Entebbe to Dar se Salamm ) rent a car in Tanzania to travel to Serengeti then back to Dar se Salamm. Take ferry to Zanzibar.
      If we travel 6 hours from Kisoro to Bukoba we can take a boat at night across Lake Victoria to the Serengeti area .....what kind of travel can we use from there. We have reservations at the Tanzanice Farm.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Regards,
      Terri

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    • Looking for a bicycle shop in Entebbe

Entebbe Jun 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Is there a bicycle shop in Entebbe? I need to purchase a specific bolt for a bicycle that can probably only be found in a bike shop, rather than a hardware store.

thank you!

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • EAST AFRICAN TOURIST VISA

Uganda May 14, 2014 at 1:23 AM

We are a group of 6 Australians travelling to Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania in September 2014 - can someone advise the procedure of obtaining an East African Tourist Visa (the Visa that you can enter Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya on) on arrival at Entebbe Airport and how long do we expect to line up for it? Our flight arrives around 1.00pm on a Saturday.

3 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    • crazy fun (wild)

Kampala May 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Where would one go for crazy fun in kampala?

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • tennis courts ar Entebbe Club

Entebbe Apr 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Are there still clay tennis courts alongside the Entebbe Club? I playe regularly on them from 69 to 74

• Companay recommedation

Uganda Apr 24, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Gorilla trekking

Has anyone heard of a company called AA Adventures Ltd based in Uganda? I have had 3 quotes, all similar prices (which is expensive as a single traveller!), one from a company in Rwanda called Bizidanny tours, which somebody recommended, an English company called Rainbow Tours & AA Adventures. Part of me thinks it would be better to go with locals as the English company will have little control on what guides they use but worried I won't be covered by the others if anything goes wrong. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated!

4 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • Safety in Kigezi and Bwindi Forest (Uganda)?

Uganda Apr 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Hello there, I will be volunteering in the Kigezi, Bwindi forest area of South West Uganda and I wondered if it is still safe to travel there? I am hearing conflicting reports.

It will be my first time in Africa.

Many thanks for any advice. Charlotte

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 7:10 PM
    • traveling to Rwanda by bus

Kampala Apr 10, 2014 at 5:47 AM

hey, what is the most comfortable bus service to travel by from Uganda to Rwanda

• Weather in Late November

Uganda Apr 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I understand October and November are the 'short' rainy season. Does this mean that its likely to rain every day non-stop, or just for a few hours per day? My plan was to visit in late November and travel through Uganda,Rwanda and maybe Burundi overland. Is the weather likely to affect road travel between main towns at this time?

thanks

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • kampala to serengeti

Uganda Mar 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I'm having trouble to find the best way to get to the serengeti from Kamapala. I do know I don't want to pay $600/seat to take a plane! What are my other options? We are a family of 4, with two kids 9 & 11. How many days are needed to travel, enjoy, and return.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • guyfitz's Profile Photo

nairobi car hire

Entebbe Mar 15, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Which car hire company would you recommend in Nairobi ? affordable with no hidden cost.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • Travel bwteen Entebbe to Kampala, and from Kampala to Kenya

Entebbe Mar 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I will arrivee in Entebbe Kampala airport @ 23 on saturday. However i would like to travel to Kampala the same night so that i can catch an early bus the next day to Kenya. What hotels in Kampala are close to where i can buy bus ticket to Nairobi Kenya and are there buses available as from 6.am in the morning to this route.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • StevenM31's Profile Photo

what are ugandan's perception of time,

Uganda Feb 6, 2014 at 2:33 PM

are they a prompt people, or laid back

6 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • Going for 5 days

Uganda Jan 22, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Hi volunteering in Mitiyana. However, have been advised this could be dangerous and unsafe. So any advice about this ?

Any information about the country at this moment would be great

thanks

2 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • Malaria tablets

Kampala Jan 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Can I buy malarone in Kampala if I have to?

5 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • guyfitz's Profile Photo

left baggage

Entebbe Dec 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Any idea if you they a place for left baggage at uganda Entebbe airport?

1 Answer Jan 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • zaher.f's Profile Photo

entry visa to Uganda...

Uganda Dec 18, 2013 at 3:26 AM

hello,
      i dont know if anybody can help in this entry visa issue,
      i am planning to enter Uganda for 4 days (20 st Jan 2014 till 24th)
      and i want to travel kenya by bus by crossing the borders.
      NOW the are asking for a return tickets for the entry visa upon arrival !!!!!???? can i show them the return ticket from Nairobi ?????will it work ?
      another issue if my passport will expired in the middle of July ,hope it will not cause a problem...??

thanks so much

5 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • Rent House in Uganda, Possible Buying home

Uganda Dec 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Hi,

I am living in America but need a home to rent in Uganda. I am looking for a home with at least 3 bedrooms and at least 2 bathrooms. It must be in a fairly safe area. I'm looking at somewhere between Kampala and Entebbe. I am looking to pay under $400 a month. It does not need to be fancy, obviously, but it does need to have water and electricity available. An alternative to this, which I would actually prefer, is to buy a home in the same area. I'm just not sure about how to go about getting a mortgage loan for there since I live in America. I'm looking to do this in the next month, so I need some help please. I've tried working with Ugandan real estate agents lately and am not getting anywhere very quickly, so I need yall's help!

Thank you!!

5 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • life in Kampala

Uganda Dec 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM

hi,would like to know what n how living is in Uganda for a family of 3 plus a new born..is it safe?? as i am planning to relocate..my base is Kampala!!pls suggest

4 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • CamuruE's Profile Photo

IFES; Electoral Commision - Kampala, Uganda

Uganda Dec 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Am Edgar from Uganda.how many days does it to travel from Uganda to USA

3 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM