Uganda Travel Answers

change location

8+ weeks in Uganda - tips most welcome!

by nordica Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 4:25 AM

Hi all!
I am a Swedish agroecology student who is going to do field work in Uganda 8 weeks in feb-march next year. I will be based at Uganda Martyrs University in Nkozi, Mpigi district west of Kampala. I have never been to Uganda and have lots of questions!

First I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience of Nkozi and the area around? Been trying to find info but there's very little, not even about how big the town is etc.

I would also love to have some tips on what to see & do while there. I'm hoping to have some free time every now and then to explore the country, and am also planning to stay an extra week or so to travel with my boyfriend. The gorilla trekking seems to be no1 for most people but it'so expensive and I don't feel super interested in it for whatever reason. Have a soft spot for savannah type ecosystems & wildlife and Murchison Falls NP looks very tempting, will definitely try to get there. If anyone has advice on tour operators that are good & affordable please share!

And any other thoughts that come to mind, food, safety, etc are most welcome too!

~elsa

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: 8+ weeks in Uganda - tips most welcome!

by ykasooba Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Hi please let me know if you got help.

Regards Yahaya

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • natochwah's Profile Photo

Re: 8+ weeks in Uganda - tips most welcome!

by natochwah Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Uganda is a beautiful place. That is why it is called the pearl of Africa. I am sure, you have the best time while in the country. The people will definitely make you welcome and conformable. Once you are here, it is easy to organise tour trips to the various parts of the country. Visit the National Parks, Source of the Nile, water rafting and many more ventures. S please just come and have fun when you are here.

• natochwah's Profile Photo

Re: 8+ weeks in Uganda - tips most welcome!

by natochwah Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Uganda is a beautiful place. That is why it is called the pearl of Africa. I am sure, you have the best time while in the country. The people will definitely make you welcome and conformable. Once you are here, it is easy to organise tour trips to the various parts of the country. Visit the National Parks, Source of the Nile, water rafting and many more ventures. S please just come and have fun when you are here.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uganda Travel Answer Locations