Uganda Travel Answers

change location

Buying a car in Uganda

by 198419were Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 5:59 AM

I am planning on driving around Africa but have been told that going through north africa can be very difficult, and in South Africa cars are very expensive. So, i was hoping to fly to Uganda (Entebbe) and buy a car - preferably 4x4 jeep or mitsibushi. I will be with people who can fix cars very well so it would be better for it to be 2nd/3rd/4th hand so it is cheaper.
does anyone know how easy this would be to get done in kampala and how much it might cost me to buy a car that could survive african roads for 8-12 months (ending up in South Africa)

Thanks all!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • kimilena's Profile Photo

Re: Buying a car in Uganda

by kimilena Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Hi
    If you haven't already gone to Africa, I may know someone who is selling a 4x4 at a reasonable price
    Kimilena

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Buying a car in Uganda

by TrekstarUganda Online Now May 14, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I know of a toyota landcruiser 4WD manual transmission going for about3800 in great shape as well as a Mitsubishi Delica Van 4WD manual transmission going for about3500.

I am equally interested in them but can only take one of them.When do you arrive in Kampala?

You can get in touch with me on jekat23@yahoo.com

• Re: Buying a car in Uganda

by verno6779 Online Now May 24, 2009 at 6:55 AM

I am currently in Kampala and am looking to purchase a used 4WD for less than 3,000 USD ASAP! I am muzungu and don't want to get completely ripped off. Any suggestions?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uganda Travel Answer Locations