Looking for a company to visit Uganda 09/NOV - 01/DEC/2013

by FilipS5 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Quote & Answer
15 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a company to visit Uganda 09/NOV - 01/DEC/2013

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Hi Filip, and welcome to VT........d:o)

"fraid you need to explain your question: "Looking for a company to visit Uganda......."

Are you looking for a tour operator to go to Uganda with? Are you looking for a local operator to book with in Uganda? Are you looking for company while visiting Uganda?

What is your main purpose for visiting Uganda? Gorillas? Looking for luxury? Budget? Hotels? Tents? There is simply not enough information to help you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • FilipS5's Profile Photo

by FilipS5 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Hi Odinnthor,

Thanks.

I'm a backpacker who wants to visit Uganda on dates specified. I'm looking for a company to share the traveling/accommodation/tours costs. I plan to stay in hostels, do some trekking, biking, lake boat trips/see national parks/safari etc. I'd also like to visit Rwanda, Burundi - Tanganyika lake etc.

I'd appreciate recommendations, sharing what's worth seeing, costs and tours agendas.

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Sorry, but you say you are looking for "a" company. That was confusing. I gather thst you are looking for someone to go with. You want company...right?

OK, there is little chance for you to find someone here to join yopu, however, there are some websites that make it happen, like Travelbuddy.com. There are several ways for you to do this. Just Google >travelbuddy and a number of sites show up.

Things have changed a bit in Uganda/Rwanda/Burundi region since I was there as a tour director, although I could elaborate a bit. However, there are members here that are in that region regularly like members DAO and muguruki (look under Meet Members), who have written extensively about their experiences, and a multitute of tips on the region.

Also, simply write Rwanda (etc.) in the Dedstinations box above and find all the info you need. Come back to this thread for more questions. Others will likely chime in as well.

...and again, welcome to VT........d:o)

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Sorry, here is travelbuddy.com

http://www.travbuddy.com/

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

You might also find someone on VT

• Re: Looking for a company to visit Uganda 09/NOV - 01/DEC/2013

by CarmUK Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Hi Filip, I can't help you with a travelling companion, but I have just come back from Uganda and had an amazing time. I used Go Uganda Safaris (Miriam) who was just brilliant for a tour of wildlife, birds and national parks. www.gougandasafaris.com. If you want to just get a driver who is cheaper then I recommend Lesco from Getti Tours as he is good company and very helpful. gettitour@gmail.com. Hope you have an amazing time!

• FilipS5's Profile Photo

by FilipS5 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hi CarmUK,

Thanks for answering on my thread.
    How much was the tour?
    How much have you spent on the accommodation?
    Is it safe to go to Uganda alone?

• wandivn's Profile Photo

by wandivn Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Uganda is generally a cheap place. There alot of camp sites and hostels which could just fit with in your budget. For travel companions you can get connected to red Chilli Camp sites and back packers. they always arrange group Safaris. You meet your travel company once you are there since they are lots of people like you.

• leonep76's Profile Photo

by leonep76 Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Filip, the prices for accommodation might vary depending on where you will be visiting. If you happen to visit Kabale in south western Uganda, check places like Bushara Island camp or Byona Amagara at Lake Bunyonyi. Then in Kisoro (where you could track mountain gorillas or hike volcanoes) the cheap places with camping sites are Virunga hotel and campsite, Golden monkey guest house and Amajambere Community Camp (http://www.amajamberecamp.org/) located at the main gate of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.

• omaria's Profile Photo

by omaria Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 2:11 AM

i stay in uganda....and i think i wil help you

by Fraseo7 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 2:23 AM

You can contact Wild Excursion Safaris with your budget and they will advise you accordingly. info@wildexcursionsafaris.com

by jos42002 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM

FilipS5 wrote:
    Hi Odinnthor,

Thanks.

I'm a backpacker who wants to visit Uganda on dates specified. I'm looking for a company to share the traveling/accommodation/tours costs. I plan to stay in hostels, do some trekking, biking, lake boat trips/see national parks/safari etc. I'd also like to visit Rwanda, Burundi - Tanganyika lake etc.

I'd appreciate recommendations, sharing what's worth seeing, costs and tours agendas.

by jos42002 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Hi Flip,

I can assist you with reasonable and affordable accommodation in exclusive area for you back backing accommodation, if you have other people to join you as per your request, I am able to offer you one bedroom basic self contained house for only $100 per week, It does not matter to whether you are one or four people, the price will remain the same.

by jos42002 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM

You can contact by email: jkm@jkasumbas.com for further details regarding cheap accommodation in Kampala Uganda during your East Africa Safari tour

• leonep76's Profile Photo

by leonep76 Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM

if you are planning to visit kisoro for gorillas or any other activity, please let me know and i will give you ideas for accommodation.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Uganda Travel Answer Locations