Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pepgiggsy's Profile Photo

How to get from Trieste to Ljubljana?

Trieste Apr 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Dear fellow travellers,
      I need to get to Ljubljana from Trieste on Monday, the 14th April. I understand that I can get a train from Sezana. Can anybody advice what is the best way to get there from Trieste? How much would a taxi cost? Does anybody know if the scenic tram to Villa Opica at the border is working? Or are there direct buses from Trieste to Ljubljana after 3 pm?

Thank you in advance!

more
    • ambodoira's Profile Photo

Sabbadini & Ziraldo family from Udine & Friuli

by ambodoira Online Now May 17, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Ciao,

Both my maternal grandmother and grandfather are from Udine. Louis (Luigi) Sabbadini was born in 1920 in Udine and emigrated to the United States sometime before WWII. A few of his brothers stayed behind in Udine, one of them was named Joseppi. My grandfather's mother was Ada Sabbadini, also from Udine.

My maternal grandmother was born in the US, but her father and mother, Querico and Valeria Ziraldo, lived in Udine until shortly after WWI, when they emigrated with their firstborn, Leonard, to the United States.

I'd love to be put in contact with anyone who might be a distant relation. Also, I'm very much interested in learning Friuli. Any ideas how I might go about that, apart from moving to Udine? I'd like to learn the language, then visit in Udine to conduct some historical research.

Best,
      Anne Marie

1 Answer May 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM
    • John Bon Jovi

by mici1707 Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Hi,
      i would like to come to Udine with my friends on 17th of July for a concert of Bon Jovie. All Hotels are booked and we don't know what to do!!! :(

Does anyone knows if there is any camping place or private rooms to rent for one night?

Please help! There is 4 of us...

2 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    • Narduzzi

by AngelaNarduzzi Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM

My family was from Udine. We would like to visit in the summer of 2010. I was hoping that we still had distant family members in the area. The last name is Narduzzi

1 Answer Oct 29, 2009 at 3:13 AM
    • accommodation

by ncfalzon Online Now Oct 11, 2008 at 1:57 AM

we are a couple who want to visit Udine in November 2008. we would like to stay in a convent with nun. Are there any such convents that give accomodation to travellers. thank you.

1 Answer Oct 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    • Ciao!! I was woundering if I can get directiond to Udine Mall From Aviano AB!

by Greenidjaq Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 4:45 AM

I am New here to Italy and my Husband and I are hearing great things about Udine Mall. Can anyone help us get there!
      Thank you!

1 Answer Jan 10, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    • RusskiPower's Profile Photo

Fogolar restaurant in Udine

by RusskiPower Online Now Aug 5, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Could anyone please recommend a fogolar restaurant in Udine that serves fogolar specialties for lunch?

Also, where would it be possible to park a car with a caravan for a few hours (lunch + city sightseeing walk) in the daytime please?

• bordab

by bordab Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 7:03 AM

I would like to know the opening hours during the Easter Holidays, from the6-9th of April. Shops, supermarkets, market...
      I wonder if there are any interesting programs to do with children?
      Udine and also the surrounding areas are interesting.
      Thanks. BB

• Weather in September

by SSSony12 Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Hi,

What is the typical weather in Udine, Venice and surrounding areas in September?

Ciao,

Karen

1 Answer Aug 6, 2006 at 2:02 PM
    • short term rentals in Udine

by vfccasa Online Now Apr 7, 2006 at 12:17 PM

My husband and I are planning to explore Friuli as part of our Italy trip in the fall. We would like to rent an apartment in Udine for a week, which we think looks like the best place to base and do day trips. We've explored all the web options we can find but we cannot find any source for vacation rentals in Udine. We would appreciate any information you could offer.
      Thank you.

• Irishcutie3's Profile Photo

Accommodation Or really any helpful tips about Udine!

by Irishcutie3 Online Now Mar 25, 2006 at 11:47 AM

Sono Irlandese e studieró a Udine, per l'anno erasmus, in settembre!! What I want to know is basically if you know any websites I could go on to get accommodation etc. I was also wondering because there is no airport in Udine, is it best to fly to Trieste or to Verona??!
      ]
      Any information will be helpful
      Grazie Mille xx

3 Answers Apr 12, 2006 at 6:01 AM
    • Long term accomodation

by CaDeMi Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 4:56 PM

I am a research student from Germany and I am looking for a room / furnished appartment / studio in or near Udine. I am planning to stay for three months and I will arrive in May or June 2006.
      Thank you for your help!

• Information on Udine

by SSSony12 Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 10:05 PM

Hi,

My husbands father and family were from Udine, Italy. I am having trouble finding much information on this area. Is Udine a region or a city, some information I've found make it sound like a region.

Is Udine on the Austrian border? Also, I found some information stating that the language Friulian is not an Italian dialect, is this correct? If so, what is it considered a mix of Austrian and Italian mixed because of being near the border of Austria? Are there any websites with pictures of Udine and/or surrounding areas?

Sorry for so many questions, my husbands father passed away a few years ago and all we really knew was that Udine was in Northern Italy and the dialect was Friulian. We are planning to go to Italy within the next couple of years and would like to visit there, can you get by with speaking only english?

Also if anyone who responds is from Udine the family name we are looking for is Narduzzi.

Thank you so much for any help.

25 Answers Feb 16, 2006 at 3:54 AM
    • Visiting Udine for a few days

by camille603 Online Now Oct 28, 2005 at 9:38 AM

My husband and I are visiting friends in Heidelberg in a few weeks and are hoping to travel to Italy for a few days. I would like to visit Udine, as it is where my grandparents were born, but I don't know of any extended family still there, so we don't have any local contacts. Any information anyone has will be really helpful, such as where to stay, etc. Also, I know a little bit of "travel" Italian, but no Friulan, so will it be difficult to communicate while there? Thanks for any input you might have.

5 Answers Nov 7, 2005 at 3:21 AM
    • zoribanks's Profile Photo

ciao from the Nostalgia

by zoribanks Online Now May 17, 2005 at 7:00 PM

Hello, my name is Zoraida Banks and I am from Puerto Rico. I am writting in this post out of nostalgia because my whole island is sad from the death of our dear Tony Croatto, a singer and composer that lived in this island nation for about 30 yrs. He loved the island as soon as he saw it and stay and contributed wonders to the music of Puerto Rico rediscovering it and making us look to our values as a nation. He borned in Udine, in Attima, and during second world war his family moved to Uruguay and Argentine as many Europeans did. So when they were youngsters him and his siblings made a pop group named TNT, his brother Edelweiss Croatto is in Italy producing in the media. But he got to be one of the top in PR when he moved around the 60's, Now from the Nostalgia I write for such a loss and next year I would love to travel to the land that saw him born, eventhough he said that if he was Porto rican from the heart even if he was born in the moon. I would love to go to Attima, the town in Udine that he borned, so please tell me how to get there and what attractions are there to see. thanks to all and viva tony croatto

4 Answers May 27, 2005 at 2:35 PM
    • help

by titseytee Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 6:56 PM

I will like to go to the udine mall this weekend but i dont have directions or know where exactly to go after i leave the mall so can anyone that knows how to get to the udine mall from SS13 please help

3 Answers Oct 23, 2004 at 12:31 PM
    • toy shop in Gemona dei Friuli

by mimrly Online Now May 31, 2004 at 4:20 AM

I am looking for a big toy shop in Gemona. I was told there was a big shop selling toy tractors (a big electrical ones) . Can you help me?

• Laurina's Profile Photo

Trekking equipment in Udine/trieste

by Laurina Online Now Jan 3, 2004 at 2:00 AM

Hi there, I live in Pakistan but for the holidays I'm staying in Trieste with my family -what a great city! I'm really into trekking in Pakistan but I need lots of equipment (walking sticks, hiking boots, camping equipment etc...) I want to get all of this while in Italy..does anyone know any good shops for this in Trieste/Udine? or anywhere nearby? I would also need the address nd or phonenumber if possible. Hope to hear from you all soon, Laura

1 Answer Jan 9, 2004 at 12:19 AM
    • People and culture in Udine

by maybetara Online Now Jun 8, 2003 at 8:36 PM

Hello! I've been told that the people and culture of Udine is very different from the people and culture of Southern Italy, that the Udinese are a little colder, more industrialised, and a little less friendly towards foreigners, especially non-Italians. Im going there soon and am wondering how the people and the culture of udine are like?

6 Answers Jul 19, 2005 at 9:43 PM