Udine Travel Answers

change location

Ciao!! I was woundering if I can get directiond to Udine Mall From Aviano AB!

by Greenidjaq Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 4:45 AM

I am New here to Italy and my Husband and I are hearing great things about Udine Mall. Can anyone help us get there!
Thank you!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Ciao!! I was woundering if I can get directiond to Udine Mall From Aviano AB!

by mccalpin Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 7:51 AM

First, my thanks to you and/or your husband for your service(!).

Second, I presume you mean "Citta' Fiera" (literally "Fair City") which - according to their website at www.cittafiera.it - is the largest shopping area in the region. Note that while the website has a flag for English, in fact, they haven't built any English pages yet.

Third, to get from A to B, do the following:
    1. Get from the base to the Aviano train station. I have no idea how you do this, but anyone on the base more than a week must know ;-)
    2. Take a train from Aviano to Udine. This will involve changing trains in either Pordenone or Sacile. The trip will be 1.25 to 1.5 hours and cost something like 5.75 euro each way (2nd class). These are regional trains in Italy, which means that no reservations are needed (or even possible); if there is room to stand, you can get on. Think of these trains more like buses than airplanes. NOTE: get used to the official rail website - www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html - this will be your friend for planning trips by rail around Italy (and out of Italy).
    3. From the train station in Udine, take a bus to Citta' Fiera. The Fair's website says to take bus #9; however, the link they give is broken. Well, it looks like there is still a bus that makes this run; the trip takes about 20 minutes.

Note that the trains are not all that frequent, so look at the trenitalia website to get a feel for the departure and return times. Also, if I found the right bus line in Udine, it leaves the station (on a Friday, schedules may be different on the weekend) at 07:33, 10:50, 12:30, 12:40, 13:15, 14:10, 14:30, and so on. This seems odd, to have a 3 hour gap in the morning - I don't know what to make of that.

Well, this will give you a general idea of what to do...oh, the hours! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday - 09:30 to 20:30; Friday - 9:30 to 22:00; Sunday - 10:00 to 20:00 (not everything is open on Sunday).

Questions?

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines