Udine Travel Answers

change location
zoribanks's Profile Photo

ciao from the Nostalgia

by zoribanks Online Now May 17, 2005 at 7:00 PM

Hello, my name is Zoraida Banks and I am from Puerto Rico. I am writting in this post out of nostalgia because my whole island is sad from the death of our dear Tony Croatto, a singer and composer that lived in this island nation for about 30 yrs. He loved the island as soon as he saw it and stay and contributed wonders to the music of Puerto Rico rediscovering it and making us look to our values as a nation. He borned in Udine, in Attima, and during second world war his family moved to Uruguay and Argentine as many Europeans did. So when they were youngsters him and his siblings made a pop group named TNT, his brother Edelweiss Croatto is in Italy producing in the media. But he got to be one of the top in PR when he moved around the 60's, Now from the Nostalgia I write for such a loss and next year I would love to travel to the land that saw him born, eventhough he said that if he was Porto rican from the heart even if he was born in the moon. I would love to go to Attima, the town in Udine that he borned, so please tell me how to get there and what attractions are there to see. thanks to all and viva tony croatto

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • sierralyndon's Profile Photo

RE: ciao from the Nostalgia

by sierralyndon Online Now May 18, 2005 at 12:27 AM

I'm afraid I've never heard of Attima but I do know Udine fairly well, if it's the same one you mean. It is in the region of Friuli Venezia-Giulia in the northeast of Italy, bordering with Austria and Slovenia. Have a look at my Udine pages for an idea of what you can see there.

Kaz

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zoribanks's Profile Photo

RE: RE: ciao from the Nostalgia

by zoribanks Online Now May 23, 2005 at 12:53 AM

thanks for answering, yes I am wrong, it is not Attima, I will find out tomorrow but I think it is Attimi, I will look tomorrow into his biography. Thanks a lot for answering.

• snoskar's Profile Photo

RE: ciao from the Nostalgia

by snoskar Online Now May 24, 2005 at 5:19 PM

The correct name of the town is Attimis. Live in Udine adn I work close to Attimis. It is a nice area for wineyards and food. Udine is 20 km far from there, well connected by busses, but drop me a line if you wish to come here. Udine is a beautiful medieval town.
    See you soon

• zoribanks's Profile Photo

RE: RE: ciao from the Nostalgia

by zoribanks Online Now May 27, 2005 at 2:35 PM

hello, Thanks a lot snokar, yes I will drop you a line, in fact I added you to my friend list if you don't mind. I learned that Tony Croattos mom is still alive and she must be very sad because he brought her to visit Puerto Rico, and also he used to go and visit her many times. I would love to meet her but and take a little memory of her son from all of us Portoricans that loved him so much. I am afraid that it won't be that easy just to go and ask people around if they know giulita Martini widow of Narciso Croatto, and mother of Hermes Davide as Tony's real name was. it might be a tiny town where everybody knows each other or it might be a city. I heard his ex wife whom I met personally said that when they went he stayed with his mom and she used to go sight seeing the big cities because the tradition was to gather some ladies and pray in the evening. So I think it was a small community. but yet I don't have an idea.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines